NameSilo

Dan.com stole my $

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ksusha64

Top Member
Impact
Dan.com accepted the $ for the domain they knew they did not have. I have proof they didn't have that domain and accepted money anyway. They refunded $4,000 short for the name. They are breaking the law by not keeping your $ in secure escrow account. Instead they returned $4,000 less from different BANK, different COUNTRY, and shorted me $4,000.
I demand they return the $ I paid for the name. They held the $ for 1 week!!! and returned $4,000 short.
Dan.com is complete scam. They refusing to deal with details. I will post screen shots and proof.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dan.com should of returned the money on same rate I paid.
They purposely picked the day with worst rate to screw me for most $ possible.
Even today's rate I would of gotten 56K back. They have to take a loss on this since they didn't provide the domain. Why should I be taking loss on a transaction they failed to complete????
I can assume that this is not your first transaction as a buyer. Can you point out a single company who pays you back cents/dollars/thousands more than you payed, as a refund? This could be a great business idea for others, if somebody is doing it.

•••
People asking me to post screen shots, but not saying I should get paid if I provide them.
You should get paid any difference for monies out and in. Now show a screenshot like @Dan already did.

•••
Dan.com should of returned the money on same rate I paid.
They purposely picked the day with worst rate to screw me for most $ possible.
Even today's rate I would of gotten 56K back. They have to take a loss on this since they didn't provide the domain. Why should I be taking loss on a transaction they failed to complete????

If Dan received 49,000 EUR and sent back 49,000 EUR I don't see how they're making anything. The banks are the ones that are making it.

Will dan.com refund me if I show they caused me $4,000 damage from transaction they DID NOT COMPLETE.
There's one way to find out.

•••
@jberryhill Very much agree.
She is Russian, that's for sure. Very possible her bank is Russian too (it will be 100% the case if she is in Russia). I bet the whole problem is due to conversion USD-Euro-RBL (or at least two currencies out of three). It is also very much possible that yes - an intermediary bank is involved there as well, or her account is in roubles (or both!). There are very often heavy fees and the most unpleasant currency rates involved in such transactions (EU-non EU banks).

•••
Dan told OP explicitely not to pay the money, but OP decided to pay anyway. Dan then refunded the exact same amount promptly, using the same bank account. Any loss because of exchange rates is clearly a problem of OP here.

The only thing I agree with, is that the domain should not have been on the platform.

•••
•••
Dan told OP explicitely not to pay the money, but OP decided to pay anyway. Dan then refunded the exact same amount promptly, using the same bank account. Any loss because of exchange rates is clearly a problem of OP here.
The only thing I agree with, is that the domain should not have been on the platform.

Well unless the OP can show otherwise this post is a good summing up of the situation.

•••
It is also very much possible that yes - an intermediary bank is involved there as well, or her account is in roubles (or both!). There are very often heavy fees and the most unpleasant currency rates involved in such transactions (EU-non EU banks).

Thank @VadimK . That seems like the most likely situation.

Last edited:
•••
As mentioned, indeed this is a problem due to exchange rates and possibly some other bank fees, however, Dan.com should really start checking the ownership of the names listed on their platform (and preferably before the purchase is made).

•••
People asking me to post screen shots, but not saying I should get paid if I provide them.

No, @ksusha64 people are asking you to post screen shots because you said you would in your first post in this thread. Since you haven't done so, nobody believes you.

The idea that @DAN.COM picked a bad day for the exchange rate is amusing. How did they benefit from that? And, they have nothing better to do all day than to sit around looking at their refund queue and making bets on currency exchange rates? C'mon.

Last edited:
•••
Dan.com should really start checking the ownership of the names listed on their platform

How would you suggest they do that?

•••
Dan.com failed to provide the name. They kept the money as long as possible after I asked for refund 10 times.
They send it on worst rate possible.
Well, since @ksusha64 is more interested in asking questions and making accusations than answering them, I noticed there is an ambiguity in the claim, and I think I have a better idea of what is happening. Part of the problem here is that English is obviously not his or her first language.

IF @ksusha64 ever decides to post the proof which they promised in the OP, then it would also be good to get a clear explanation of (a) where @ksusha64 is located, (b) what is @ksusha64 's bank and (c) in what currency was the payment intended to be sent and received.

There are some banks which cannot receive foreign currency payments. For example, if you have an account with TD Bank in the United States, you can send and receive US dollar payments. If, however, you are a US TD Bank customer, and you either receive or send a payment in non-US currency, then the payment will be routed through the Canadian Toronto Dominion Bank corporation as an intermediary bank.

But since @ksusha64 just wants to have a hissy fit instead of posting useful information, we will probably not know.

You haven't posted evidence of anything. And your stance of "I won't post anything unless someone promises me something" is simply childish.

@
[/QUOTE]
I would share your view - but after learning this ...

+

... I can't.
They informed about name not being available after MONEY WAS SENT. This proof about fraud intentions to keep the money for whole business week instead of returning it right away.

•••
Dan.com failed to provide the name. They kept the money as long as possible after I asked for refund 10 times.
They send it on worst rate possible.

They informed about name not being available after MONEY WAS SENT. This proof about fraud intentions to keep the money for whole business week instead of returning it right away.
They knew name was not available according to them before I sent the money, but failed to return it same day.
Instead they waited for rate exchange to drop to steal the funds. If u send someone 1 btc for a name that you don't have, then wait until btc goes from 60-50K and then return 1 btc thats fraud. Thats exactly what they did with exchange rate.
My bank is CHASE , They also LIED in this thread that they used same bank. I obviously have receipts.
They sent from from USA bank Wells Fargo and took money in Netherland Bank in Holland.
They lying in this thread about all the details.

•••
They knew name was not available according to them before I sent the money, but failed to return it same day.
Instead they waited for rate exchange to drop to steal the funds. If u send someone 1 btc for a name that you don't have, then wait until btc goes from 60-50K and then return 1 btc thats fraud. Thats exactly what they did with exchange rate.
My bank is CHASE , They also LIED in this thread that they used same bank. I obviously have receipts.
They sent from from USA bank Wells Fargo and took money in Netherland Bank in Holland.
They lying in this thread about all the details.
Also used two different companies, undeveloped and dan.com for 2 transactions.

•••
Also used two different companies, undeveloped and dan.com for 2 transactions.
2 different banks, 2 different countries 2 different companies.

•••
They held the money for 1 business week after admitting in this thread they knew before I sent the money name is not available. They could of rejected transaction knowing that.

•••
All this cheating is done to cheat me on exchange rate. Any lawyer who's is not even bright would know this is fraud.

•••
Screenshot or close the thread. You’re losing credibility with every post otherwise.

•••
They held the money for 1 business week after admitting in this thread they knew before I sent the money name is not available. They could of rejected transaction knowing that.

No way to reject an individual transaction that's sent. That's on the sender, not the receiver.

•••
Why did they not return the $ same day with same rate? I would not of lost the $

•••
Why did they wait for worst possible rate to screw me on exchange rate?

•••
Why should I pay for exchange rate difference when they failed to deliver the name??

•••
Why should I take the loss on transaction where they played switch and bait, kept money for unreasonable time etc?

•••
How would you suggest they do that?
The same way Sedo does. Using TXT or any sort of verification ID inserted into DNS settings (funny DAN does ask you to put TXT, but it's only to remove ''leftovers'' from their system).

•••
If Dan.com lied about using 2 different banks in this thread , does it prove they committed fraud?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back