IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And I have never seen such SSL errors on Sedo.
Only DAN system generates them.

Last edited:
•••
When we change the nameservers from DAN, They are pulling that Cert and assigning it to some other random domain of others. They might have some limit. When we change back to DAN nameservers, its taking some time to resolve the Cert.
To solve this we should keep this on for 24 hours.

upload_2021-10-23_18-31-44.png

Last edited:
•••
When we change the nameservers from DAN, They are pulling that Cert and assigning it to some other random domain of others. They might have some limit. When we change back to DAN nameservers, its taking some time to resolve.

I don't understand what you write here. Technically it makes no sense...

•••
And DNS updates for Afilias TLDs are almost realtime, like Verisign TLDs...
You don't need to wait more than a few minutes to land on the new IP address - if you didn't visit this domain before (so IP was cached in this case).

Last edited:
•••
Thats my understanding. May be you can explain. Thanks

•••
•••
Thats my understanding. May be you can explain. Thanks

Once a secure (Let's Encrypt) certificate has been created for your specific domain, it will only work for that domain. It cannot be assigned to another domain. Well you can do it technically, but you will get a warning in the browser that the certificate doesn't match :)

(not talking about wildcard certs here)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Once a secure (Let's Encrypt) certificate has been created for your specific domain, it will only work for that domain. It cannot be assigned to another domain. Well you can do it technically, but you will get a warning in the browser that the certificate doesn't match :)

(not talking about wildcard certs here)

Not a techno person here :(. I guess they might have number of certs limitation.

•••
@Jurgen Wolf opalpro is displaying as secure
Because redirect to DAN internal page is ON, that's why. This is their own DAN certificate.
But prior this redirect it fails in Chromium as on screenshot above.

Usually I get these errors after my 2nd visit to domains which were moved back to DAN from Sedo, not from 1st attempt.

•••
•••
Because redirect to DAN internal page is ON, that's why. This is their own DAN certificate.
But prior this redirect it fails in Chromium as on screenshot above.

Usually I get these errors after my 2nd visit to domains which were moved back to DAN from Sedo, not from 1st attempt.

upload_2021-10-23_18-39-20.png

•••
The domain mentioned has these certificate dates, and is indeed pointing to DAN since today.

Not Before: Jun 8 12:45:08 2021 GMT
Not After : Sep 6 12:45:08 2021 GMT

So the new certificate will be created soon, and all will be fine and dandy.

This domain has a lander history at DAN before and some other marketplaces.

Screenshot blabla.png

Last edited:
•••
I know...
We are talking here that Redirect is NOT a solution, at least if cert expired on DAN previously...

Regarding certs for another domains (what @DNGear mentioned)...
I have seen such wrong certs using Epik... Probably, it happens on DAN as well.

Last edited:
•••
Exactly, warnings!
With Epik I have seen these wrong LE certs many times...
So I'm not suprised - if the same happens on DAN, especially when you park X,XXX domains there.

Last edited:
•••
As of this morning, the DAN site locks up whenever I try to respond to an offer in any way.

The site seems to work fine, but the second I open up the negotiation window, I cannot type anything or interact with the window, then the system locks hard and the browser gives out a "Page is not Responding" error.

This happens to me on both Edge and Chrome and not being able to negotiate on DAN is quite a major issue on my side.

Last edited:
•••
Just tried, sent message to the buyer successfully in Chromium 93...

•••
Just tried, sent message to the buyer successfully in Chromium 93...

Well, my Chrome version seems to ahead of yours.

Version 95.0.4638.54 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Microsoft Edge
Version 95.0.1020.30 (Official build) (64-bit)

Last edited:
•••
Edge is Chromium based too, as I know.
So Edge 95 is like Chromium 95.

Last edited:
•••
Edge is Chromium based, as I know.
So Edge 95 is like Chromium 95.

I know and I was just posting both for completeness sake. At some point someone is going to ask "Which Edge version are you running?"

Dan negotiation windows used to work perfectly on both, but it seems something has changed with version 95.

Last edited:
•••
95 was just released, try 94...

•••
If the error keeps up, I'll download Chromium 93 or 94 and try that (95 is still beta I believe), but these commercial programs are all auto-update now so I'm hoping Dan fixes up their funky window, as at some point it's going to need to work on current versions.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I have also clarified that the issue is related to the "Dialogue Box" where you communicate with the potential buyer.

I got 2 new offers just now and there was no issue to Decline Offer (no dialogue box present) but once I reloaded the transaction window with dialogue box, Dan crashed.

•••
Back