NameSilo

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good morning @Charybdis,

Thank you for your response and feedback.

I will relay a proposal to our team incorporating your feedback and see if any changes regarding this can be made. That being said, we have yet to receive any complaints or remarks from buyers themselves about the payment processing fees since this. is quite a common trend amongst similar service providers. As we also offer methods that allow for a discount the choice is theirs to decide which ever method is preferred. Communicating too many factors prior to a purchase could negatively influence your conversions as it prolongs the decision making process of your buyers. Regardless, I will relay it still!

Enjoy the weekend ahead!

There is adverse comment on here about Sedo doing similar and it did attract comments on Trustpilot too as I recall, and Sedo did improve their presentation of charges. I too think this should be more transparent at Dan.com - presenting additional charges at the last minute can seem sneaky, even if it does not kill a transaction it can leave a bad taste in the buyer's mouth.

•••
Communicating too many factors prior to a purchase could negatively influence your conversions as it prolongs the decision making process of your buyers.
Not on the domain landing pages, but at least you could mention this surcharge in a help article.

•••
Not on the domain landing pages, but at least you could mention this surcharge in a help article.
I think it should be more obvious than that. We negotiate back and forth with a potential buyer. In some cases we need to build trust so they will feel comfortable with the transaction and comfortable with the price. When the buyer finds out at the last second that it will actually cost more than they had agreed to (just as they are about to pay) doesn't feel right.

•••
There is a broken link here: https://dan.com/help_center

Under the "Buying a Domain" section, in this question:

What payment provider do you use?

All of our payments are processed safely and securely by our payment provider Adyen. Read more about our payment provider Adyen by clicking on the category Trust and safety.

The underlined "Trust and safety" part is a broken link, it links to this URL: https://dan.com/help/trust-and-safety

But that link just redirects to the same page. It should link to https://dan.com/trust_and_security instead.

•••
Is access to Dan accounts down this evening for anyone else? I am unable to sign in to my Dan accounts, getting only "retry later" as the message. I waited over an hour, and still it is persistent.
Earlier today, there was an issue with Chinese characters showing up on the pages, mixed in with English. That account then stopped working. Now, this evening, the problem appears to affect any login for me, even a different account.
I contacted customer support, but have yet to hear back from them.

•••
I see that you have removed the last 2 domains of mine that were listed by someone else.
You did this without me telling you the names, but i wanted to see if anything was happening on your end. Obviously there is. Very impressive. Thank you

•••
I see that you have removed the last 2 domains of mine that were listed by someone else.
You did this without me telling you the names, but i wanted to see if anything was happening on your end. Obviously there is. Very impressive. Thank you
Kudos to Dan for helping to fix this problem with false domain listings. Report of progress indeed!

•••
Is access to Dan accounts down this evening for anyone else? I am unable to sign in to my Dan accounts, getting only "retry later" as the message. I waited over an hour, and still it is persistent.
Earlier today, there was an issue with Chinese characters showing up on the pages, mixed in with English. That account then stopped working. Now, this evening, the problem appears to affect any login for me, even a different account.
I contacted customer support, but have yet to hear back from them.
Good morning @LoveCatchyDomains,

We have had no down time. Are you still experiencing the same problems? Could you touch base with [email protected] to get this resolved?

•••
Good morning @MasterOfMyDomains,

Great that you have noticed this already. It is a ongoing process involving multiple changes. As we are still working on rolling everything out you will still encounter such listings but we are glad to hear that progress so far is noticeable.

Have a great week.

•••
•••
Is anyone having intermittent difficulty using the two-step verification method. I notice sometimes that I can't sign in, despite even having the verification code resent. I noticed the problem recurring in the past several months. Today, it is even worse, with no account access for quite a few hours.
And, if you have had the problem, did you find a permanent solution? Now, over a day of not being able to access the accounts, which I will be closing shortly.

Last edited:
•••
Is anyone having intermittent difficulty using the two-step verification method. I notice sometimes that I can't sign in, despite even having the verification code resent. I noticed the problem recurring in the past several months. Today, it is even worse, with no account access for quite a few hours.
And, if you have had the problem, did you find a permanent solution? Now, over a day of not being able to access the accounts, which I will be closing shortly.
Could someone from customer service fix this problem so I can access my account to close it, as I had been planning prior to these issues. Now, I am unable to sign in for over a day. I really want to wrap things up here.
And anyone on this thread that has other suggestions, or similar experiences, please let me know.

Last edited:
•••
Could someone from customer service fix this problem so I can access my account to close it, as I had been planning prior to these issues. Now, I am unable to sign in for over a day. I really want to wrap things up here.
And anyone on this thread that has other suggestions, or similar experiences, please let me know.

Have you contacted our support regarding this already? If not, I highly recommend contacting them always directly with these kinds of issues.

•••
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I really appreciate their customer support. I often try to list domains that are not removed by the previous owner(s) and the support will help me out in seconds or minutes (most often seconds).

Kudos Dan!

Last edited:
•••

Have you contacted our support regarding this already? If not, I highly recommend contacting them always directly with these kinds of issues.
Yes, they did finally fix this, and the domains have been deleted and I'm in the process of closing those accounts. Thanks for the opportunity to try your services.

•••
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I really appreciate their customer support. I often try to list domains that are not removed by the previous owner(s) and the support will help me out in seconds or minutes (most often seconds).

Kudos Dan!
Yes, customer support was really great in general. I'm not sure what was happening in my account with the 2SV, but I will miss the quick responses and the flexibility Dan provided. Good luck with their services.

•••
It would be nice if you could add a small form with email on landers to take potential buyers informed in case of the pricing of a domain is changing

Last edited:
•••
Is there any way to contact a buyer AFTER a sale / transaction is complete?

•••
The 2 Factor Authentication isn't working again. Not sure exactly when this problem started happening, but it sure seems like it started after Godaddy acquired DAN. Seems like problems start showing whenever a big company acquires a small one. IMO.

Last edited:
•••
It would be nice if you could add a small form with email on landers to take potential buyers informed in case of the pricing of a domain is changing
Good morning @davidc1,

We actually released a "wishlist" not too long ago. Interested parties can leave their email to get contacted in case a price change takes place on a specific domain name.

Have a nice week.

•••
The 2 Factor Authentication isn't working again. Not sure exactly when this problem started happening, but it sure seems like it started after Godaddy acquired DAN. Seems like problems start showing whenever a big company acquires a small one. IMO.
Good morning @sbweb,

Thank you for reporting this. Anything involved with 2-factor is not caused by the acquisition. Have you contacted our support with this matter yet? If not, please make sure to do so to get the problem identified and resolved.

Have a great week.

•••
Good morning @davidc1,

We actually released a "wishlist" not too long ago. Interested parties can leave their email to get contacted in case a price change takes place on a specific domain name.

Have a nice week.
I cannot see it on landers, where it is ?

•••
That feature is only available for domains marked as 'sold', afaik.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hello Dan
I like how you have copy and implemented all those options into Dan from my domainnature website, which i was not able to implement completely.
But you are missing one thing, if there is no BIN the buyer should be able to rent, make a offer and ask price request even without BIN, so he can choose what to do from the available options. Currently if you enable price request it disables all the other options. Maybe I m missing the logic behind this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back