IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks that 15% (or $1.5K minimum) is only when you deal with Media Options directly.
Using DAN integration it is 20%.

Last edited:
•••
Dan.com and MediaOptions announce industry first partnership

Dan.com, the leading global domain marketplace and MediaOptions, the market-leading domain broker, have partnered up to shake up to revitalize the domain aftermarket. The partnership is intended to combine Dan.com’s domain marketplace together with MediaOptions’ enterprise-level domain brokerage services in order to boost sales for participating portfolio owners.

Read more here:
https://news.dan.com/203266-dan-com-and-mediaoptions-announce-industry-first-partnership

Guys correct me if i am wrong !
I just find it less useful this partnership ! , because from watching the clip you can understand that mediaoptions will invlove only if the seller got offer , the seller can choose to let mediaoptons to do the negotiations with buyer etc ..
But mediaoptions will not do promoting or outbounding services for DAN members !!
they do it only for the domains that added exclusively for them in their platform !!
The below immage from their webiste for what they do for their exclusive listed domains .

BUT whats the issue if they can do the same for DAN members against commission !!???

mediaoptions.PNG

•••
You are not wrong, via DAN it is just negotiation service, not real brokerage.

•••
@LaszloSchenk @DAN.COM

Why was my account blocked? I can't even log in to complain to support. I was sent a message that my transactions has been marked as fraudulent. I don't understand this as this is not my first time with Dan and I've had a lot of sales please kindly check into this and do rectify it. Or is this some kind of glitch? Please kindly rectify this as I'm doing some outbound on my names presently.

•••
regarding hybrid pages with your bodis partnership :
1) I see that domains are redirected to a dan.domain subdomain, can't you not make this redirection ?
2) Is bodis revenues shared with dan ?
3) I see that the subdomain is not working properly, is there a delay once the hybrid page is activated ?

•••
~48h average time for SSL cert per DAN hybrid subdomain...
I had even ~4 days delays.

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM

Any update on when we might see those BIN with Eth landers?

•••
~48h average time for SSL cert per DAN hybrid subdomain...
I had even ~4 days delays.

Usually my domains get SSL in less than 24 hours when I add new domains.
But in some cases it does extend up to 48 hours.
*Note: But that's for standard domains, not hybrid.

Last edited:
•••
•••
It's coming :). The first step is to revamp your current Portfolio and transition that to a new workflow called My Domains which is almost done. We didn't want to introduce just another registrar but one that would take it to the next level.
The new UI looks sleek :D

Hope you will have PayPal, BTC as payment option to registrar?

•••
until 18th 2021
BTC payments went through w/o any issue
( except long waiting time sometimes due to bitcoin confirmations as I think )

today I got this :

( the "we will pay xxx amount of eur to you BTC adress xxx"
email was send the day before )

why did the BTC payment always go smoothly
but not today?

upload_2021-10-21_23-1-7.png

I want as few internet companies to own this data as possible
best no company owns it.

upload_2021-10-21_23-8-55.png

and even more so
after the Epik desaster.

A picture of mine holding my passport ???
are you crazy?

I avoid pictures of mine on the internet to the amount of more or less
ONLY that Avatar picture used at namepros is stored on the net.

now DAN wants me holding my passport including all the details
I don't want anybody to own? except me and the german Gov.

and the day before yesterday BTC payment was no problem?

so please explain, DAN

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-21_23-1-36.png
    upload_2021-10-21_23-1-36.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
•••
@DNGear
Did they ask your photo, utility bill and ID this month?
If Yes - for Bank or Crypto payouts?

•••
@frank-germany
You always used only BTC payouts and never Bank?
Per my understanding from another thread, they started to apply KYC policy for BTC payouts - if lack of previous payouts to Bank account of this seller. In other words - if seller is unknown completely.

•••
@frank-germany
You always used only BTC payouts and never Bank?
Per my understanding from another thread, they started to apply KYC policy for BTC payouts - if lack of previous payouts to Bank account of this seller. In other words - if seller is unknown completely.

I had both types of payments before
and I use DAN / Undeveloped since they appeared

•••
Suggestion: membership levels, eg, silver member, gold member, platinum member, etc and less sales commissions on domain sales. ty. :)

•••
Strangely...
Then probably - some threshold there for BTC in EUR equivalent...
For example, if it is higher than 5K EUR - they apply KYC...

•••
I'm looking for something on Dan.com that I can't find. If it exists I'm sure someone here can tell me, and if not, I'd suggest Dan.com look at adding it.

Is there a public facing instalment calculator? In other words, can a non-logged in user, or a prospective buyer, go to Dan.com and see what payments could be for a price or timescale they input?

When a domain is listed at fixed price, anyone visiting the page can use the slider to see what the monthly payments would be for timescales of their choice. But not if a fixed price is not shown, afaik. What if a prospective buyer knows their monthly budget and wants to know what price they should offer to match that budget?

This isn't hypothetical - did sell a domain on instalments to someone who made an offer, since I told them in messaging that they could pay monthly, and they doubled their offer. If you close a deal that way, Dan will change the domain over to payment in instalments when you ask them to. I just want they buyer to be able to do the calculations themself before making an offer.

Good morning @carob,

Thank you for raising this question.

We do not offer it on the platform as we only show it for landing pages with a BIN where the owner is willing to accept LTO's or installments already. If this is not offered we do not know if the owner is willing to extend installment payments on his domain. However, I will make sure to relay your request to our product team for review.

Have a great week ahead.

Hi the payment calculator could be on a page that does not appear in Google search, or site search, or any navigation menu - then clients only see it if a seller sends them there. It really really would help sales and negotiations - we all know that people spend more when they can pay in instalments.

At present if you tell someone in chat (about a make offer domain) that they could pay in instalments they have no way of knowing what monthly payments translate to what sale price and time period, so you have guesswork or you have to calculate (where?) the figures yourself and send and explain them.

•••
•••
Strangely...

that might be right
personally, I'd prefer upfront communication

•••
regarding hybrid pages with your bodis partnership :
1) I see that domains are redirected to a dan.domain subdomain, can't you not make this redirection ?
2) Is bodis revenues shared with dan ?
3) I see that the subdomain is not working properly, is there a delay once the hybrid page is activated ?

no answer !

regarding 3) well, using a cname, it resolves within a few minutes...

4) When I have a look to my bodis account, domains comes with a manual review, after i added them, as the cname is different when you use bodis with and without dan... it seems they dont approve them automatically when you setup dan's cname...

5) I dont like waiting at least 2-3 seconds with a blank screen before seeing something appears, it's not that fast when there are bodis integration, another thing, the landing page is not so good for a BIN, many things are missed.

6) There is a bug when the hybrid page is enabled on a per domain basis, it's not possible to desactivate it, it stays enabled...

I forward my questions to the support as it seems nobody's here for my questions...

Last edited:
•••
Strangely...
They just confirmed it in LiveChat: our minimum is $2,000.

Last edited:
•••
6) There is a bug when the hybrid page is enabled on a per domain basis, it's not possible to desactivate it, it stays enabled...
A few weeks ago I have disabled it without any issues.
Just clicked Hybrid icon in my domain list (Portfolio page).
And overall, it always worked for me.

•••
@DAN.COM what will happen if the domain sold at Dan but it's still locked for 60 days transfer and the registrar is SAV?

•••
Then pause...
At least on Sedo if domain can't be pushed - they and buyer just wait...

•••
Then pause...
At least on Sedo if domain can't be pushed - they and buyer just wait...

Pause..? could you please explain what does it means. Thx

•••
Back