Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
New to DAN and just set up my account and linked Bodis. Is there plans to support IDN domains displaying properly instead of as "xn--________.com" on the landers? I tried to enter the proper characters in the options but it said it did not match. Hmm.

•••
I know you fight bot traffic. I am not talking about fighting or preventing them, but to filter them in the traffic column, and only show human traffic, so I know how a domain is doing. I add Google Analytics too, but it would be good to know at a quick glance which domains are getting real traffic or which are not.
Good morning @blogspotter,

Thank you for your response.

I am well aware of the inquiry but I explained the situation on hand. We remove bots as soon as we see it. There is no way for us to filter the traffic generated between bots and humans as all bots are removed upon detection. In essence, you could state that the traffic shown is legitimate traffic.

Best regards,

•••
I am suggesting to @DAN.COM ,to be careful when transfering names .I purchased a 4L and you guys transfered another domain to my Godaddy.I was wondering if you dont realize you are sending me someone else's domain .

Just advising you to be careful because you may also transfer my own valuable domain in your possession to another buyer. I am going to be careuful using you to trade. By the way you transfered coinverify.com when my domain was a super 4L.You need to wake ⏰ 😴 and not make errors with other people's assets in your possession.

Just an advise,during transfer,look through your invoice for what one is paying for before pushing/transfer .You could have transfered my 4L to someone else.
Dear @Skyvisum,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. You are absolutely right. This should never have happened and is something that could not be expected from us.

Would you mind sending me either a support chat message or a direct message stating which domain you have actually bought?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

•••
New to DAN and just set up my account and linked Bodis. Is there plans to support IDN domains displaying properly instead of as "xn--________.com" on the landers? I tried to enter the proper characters in the options but it said it did not match. Hmm.
Good morning @Dillpup,

Great to have you on board with us.

When it comes to IDNs, you need to enter the names exactly as displayed instead of entering the punycode.

Have a great week.

Last edited:
•••
Less and less like DAN,
No sense of responsibility,
It doesn't pay any attention to the customer's feelings.
It's been more than 40 hours since a deal was launched,
We need the help of customer service to change the installment payment mode.
But it still hasn't changed.
I sent several emails to customer service.
But there was still no reply,
Obviously when you emailed me and asked me, I responded right away,
Tell you what you need to change,
Can't you finish this before you leave work?
Even if you get the weekend off,
Shouldn't you be on duty?
Do you have any idea how many customers the seller is going to lose in those 2 days?
@DAN.COM
Dear Mytz.com,

It might help to share some more details about the transaction you are referring to. We are offering weekend support and even process transfers on Sundays. However, we do tend to enjoy our evenings after office hours. If your inquiry came in after office hours it will not be attended to that same day.

Could you send me a private message with the transaction details?

Best regards,

•••
Agree! Im waiting multiple days for a Godaddy Push.
Simon's nice tho : )
@Samer

We do not control the processing time of the registrars. The transaction was concluded within a very fast time from our end.

Best regards,

•••
@Dan,I thought when you import leads its 5%?Even on an installment payment .

Please clarify .I have closed transaction and it was 5% so why charge 9%.If seller uses another means of receiving payment, is this a different scenario for % charged?
Dear @Skyvisum

Imported transactions are indeed processed at 5%. Installment transactions are not included as more manual labor is involved over a longer period of time. It, therefore, is not viable to maintain a 5% commission over installment plans.

Best regards,

•••
@DAN.COM

I was a big fan of undeveloped

mainly because they handled stuff differently
they listened and reacted to proposals
to the benefit of both parties

DAN is different
Dan is going the Sedo way

ignoring important feedback
because business is good enough

thats a pitty

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk Did you change bank accounts recently? 2 of my current payouts have just been reversed today. I will PM the details soon.

•••
Dear @Skyvisum,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. You are absolutely right. This should never have happened and is something that could not be expected from us.

Would you mind sending me either a support chat message or a direct message stating which domain you have actually bought?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Message sent on chat as requested .

•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk Did you change bank accounts recently? 2 of my current payouts have just been reversed today. I will PM the details soon.

We didn't change our bank account, however, we did update the account holder name to: DAN Domain Transfer Foundation. This is the entity that manages buyers & sellers funds for domain sales.

Since we're not the receiving party but the sender of funds, the change shouldn't have impacted our sellers.

We're aware that Payoneer is recently (last 48 hours) causing issues for some sellers since the change. It's important for Payoneer users to inform Payoneer about the issue so they can fix it. We've also requested support from Payoneer to resolve this issue and expect a quick and swift solution from them soon.

•••
@DAN.COM

I was a big fan of undeveloped

mainly because they handled stuff differently
they listened and reacted to proposals
to the benefit of both parties

DAN is different
Dan is going the Sedo way

ignoring important feedback
because business is good enough

thats a pitty

We appreciate your opinion but have to agree to disagree. Some sellers from this forum know what kind of extensive product research we're performing for the next version of DAN that we're preparing to launch. We listen to every feedback we receive but might simply not agree with all feedback.

We're validating everything and anything we do, that has been our methodology from day one.

Some sellers might simply not agree with some of the features we offer or how we design our product and that's perfectly fine :).

•••
the next version of DAN that we're preparing to launch.

Do you have a time frame for the next launch/update? If it is mentioned above in the thread I apologize if I missed it.

•••
As everyone knows DAN is known to be gone on weekends. That needs to change. Transactions take place 24/7 365 and in the digital age two days can send a buyer packing. Please get a weekend crew.

Can you please send us details about your transaction that got delayed due to Saturday/Sunday? We'd love to review it so we can learn what caused the delays for you.

Do you encounter delayed transfers for all your transactions on the weekend or for specific TLD's or situations like transferring a locked domain?

•••
I am suggesting to @DAN.COM ,to be careful when transfering names .I purchased a 4L and you guys transfered another domain to my Godaddy.I was wondering if you dont realize you are sending me someone else's domain .

Just advising you to be careful because you may also transfer my own valuable domain in your possession to another buyer. I am going to be careuful using you to trade. By the way you transfered coinverify.com when my domain was a super 4L.You need to wake ⏰ 😴 and not make errors with other people's assets in your possession.

Just an advise,during transfer,look through your invoice for what one is paying for before pushing/transfer .You could have transfered my 4L to someone else.
Scary!

Thanks for the warning - even before we join DAN.

•••
Do you have a time frame for the next launch/update? If it is mentioned above in the thread I apologize if I missed it.

We, unfortunately, don't have a publicly announced launch date yet but are working very hard to launch as soon as possible.

•••
We didn't change our bank account, however, we did update the account holder name to: DAN Domain Transfer Foundation. This is the entity that manages buyers & sellers funds for domain sales.

Since we're not the receiving party but the sender of funds, the change shouldn't have impacted our sellers.

We're aware that Payoneer is recently (last 48 hours) causing issues for some sellers since the change. It's important for Payoneer users to inform Payoneer about the issue so they can fix it. We've also requested support from Payoneer to resolve this issue and expect a quick and swift solution from them soon.

@DAN.COM one of my payout for low five figure was reversed by Payoneer yesterday. Today I contacted Payoneer support about it and they said it was reversed because sender name had "Transfer" written on it. They said they will send payment department a request for review to check if it'd be possible to receive payment from this sender in future.

•••
@DAN.COM one of my payout for low five figure was reversed by Payoneer yesterday. Today I contacted Payoneer support about it and they said it was reversed because sender name had "Transfer" written on it. They said they will send payment department a request for review to check if it'd be possible to receive payment from this sender in future.

Hi BrandVenue,

Feel free to add us to your communication with your account manager at Payoneer so we can accelerate their whitelisting of our account name.

Kind regards,

Dan

•••
We appreciate your opinion but have to agree to disagree. Some sellers from this forum know what kind of extensive product research we're performing for the next version of DAN that we're preparing to launch. We listen to every feedback we receive but might simply not agree with all feedback.

We're validating everything and anything we do, that has been our methodology from day one.

Some sellers might simply not agree with some of the features we offer or how we design our product and that's perfectly fine :).
I think one of the frank issue was the $100 showing in the SERPs for the domains. Can't you just remove the minimum $100 from the meta description? It should be pretty easy and it solve one of the issue. About the $100 in the offer page maybe test different variations of the wordings and let the seller choose what they want so everyone can be happy?. Like " the seller didn't specify the minimum offer "

Last edited:
•••
I think one of the frank issue was the $100 showing in the SERPs for the domains. Can't you just remove the minimum $100 from the meta description? It should be pretty easy and it solve one of the issue. About the $100 in the offer page maybe test different variations of the wordings and let the seller choose what they want so everyone can be happy?. Like " the seller didn't specify the minimum offer "

This was fixed about a month ago. Do you still encounter this issue?

•••
•••
Was Trisha the one handling your request?

•••
Was Trisha the one handling your request?

No, Allan. Can you see your global payment details page? After chat I noticed my Global payment service page wasn't loading so I contacted again about it and to my shock they said my Global payment service has been disabled. I explained everything why right after cancelling this one particular payment which happens to have "Transfer" written on sender name they disabled my global payment service and requested for manual review of this suspension. They reopened the case and asked for 3-5 business days to review. If they don't enable my global payment service it will impact greatly on my business. Reminds me of butterfly effect. Dan changes name of their bank account in the Netherlands and from another part of the world I lose access to a very valuable service for my business.

•••
No, Allan. Can you see your global payment details page? After chat I noticed my Global payment service page wasn't loading so I contacted again about it and to my shock they said my Global payment service has been disabled. I explained everything why right after cancelling this one particular payment which happens to have "Transfer" written on sender name they disabled my global payment service and requested for manual review of this suspension. They reopened the case and asked for 3-5 business days to review. If they don't enable my global payment service it will impact greatly on my business. Reminds me of butterfly effect. Dan changes name of their bank account in the Netherlands and from another part of the world I lose access to a very valuable service for my business.

Mine still looks ok I think, I can go to the page and look at my Banks' details and whatnot. Hope yours will be fixed back soon.

•••

account manager

I don't think any Payoneer user will know who's the correct person to contact. We don't have any managers assigned to our accounts last I checked. And according to this page https://www.linkedin.com/company/payoneer/people/ I can see at least more than 100++ types of managers working for Payoneer. So who to go to?

The simplest & fastest solution would be to change back the bank account's name to 'DAN.com'. You used this before (before changing back to Undeveloped BV, not sure what's with this reversal), and all payments from 'DAN.com' went through without any problems.

It's very hard for users to contact Payoneer except via Live Chat, and even then there's no option to include other people into the chat line. Other than that, Payoneer is unlikely to budge unless a HUGE number of users complain on their community forum.

At any rate I've posted a thread there at https://community.payoneer.com/en/d...on-previously-undeveloped-bv-dan-com/p1?new=1 , so please directly inform the others affected to participate in that thread as well

However I will still request to change back the bank account's name. It's very likely that the word "Transfer" is a "Money Laundering red flag trigger". EDIT TO ADD: It seems more dangerous to keep this name (DAN Domain Transfer Foundation) if it's going to end up triggering more red flags from other banks and potentially getting every seller marked as a launderer.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back