IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't really know what is going on. I have received 3 leads this month on Dan on 3 different domains. They all made an offer for each of the domains they wanted to buy. I negotiated with them to a price and agreement was reached.
The problem now is that none of them made payment despite several reminders sent. After 2 weeks the transaction had to be canceled.
What could be wrong? Were they having issues making payment? Or was it bots?
I am very sad about this.
Good morning @etifit

Thank you for your post.

With every agreement reached on our platform, we will always chase the payments by phone, private emails, and automated emails. Multiple follow-ups are scheduled to chase these payments but unfortunately not all come through.

Could you send me a private message indicating which domains are involved? I will make sure to verify the status for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

•••
Thank you guys. Four months might be longer than I expected. I believe the Pandemic should affect the domain trading to a large extent like small business start up or even for investment purpose.

However, in a long haul, it'd be good news for online remote business. At the very least, social giants should not be that soon squeezing up the traditional B2C etc..

Good morning @Martin Andrews,

For these inquiries I strongly recommend you contact our support chat directly. It yields the fastest response time.

Have a great day.

Thanks, I will wait reply.

•••
This is only my second sale on Dan. How long does it usually take to close sale please.

Just concerned as I dont want it to be off putting for the buyer.

Edit: Transfer completed. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
so dan does not take amex at all or there is some less obvious way for buyer to checkout with amex? anyone knows? @LaszloSchenk

•••
•••
Does not take Amex at all

so are there alternatives like i dunno.. buyer checks out through paypal and on paypal he pays using his attached amex to paypal? or that won't work?

so dan.com + amex = deal breaker?

if so then is there really nothing dan can do to save these deals? I mean im sure its no small number of deals.

@LaszloSchenk

•••
so are there alternatives like i dunno.. buyer checks out through paypal and on paypal he pays using his attached amex to paypal? or that won't work?

so dan.com + amex = deal breaker?

if so then is there really nothing dan can do to save these deals? I mean im sure its no small number of deals.

@LaszloSchenk
Dan accepts PayPal. So, if your buyer attaches his Amex card to his PayPal account and then pays using PayPal, I believe it would fly (read it either in this thread or the old undeveloped thread. Can't remember). But still need @LaszloSchenk to confirm that

•••
It would be nice, if we could verify domain, that was listed by previous owner without chatting and waiting, optionaly. It can be done with TXT records, for example.
Why can’t we communicate with a prospect without accepting or rejecting an offer? Its super awkward to have to decline a low offer just to send a message. Also at some point will you guys start blocking repeat non paying offenders?

Maybe because otherwise people can use Dan just for chatting.

•••
Accepting, declining, should be two click process. It is very easy to accept or decline an offer othersiwe. And it is not clear what those 3 icons mean . You move mouse over these icons and wait for message to pop up, as if this is a standard thing. I made a 5-figure counteroffer and it was accepted, but not paid, probably it was accepted by accident, but the buyer can't make another offer now, either because I wouldn't accept it, or because he had to disappear after making a legaly binding offer.

•••
Some suggestions:

Make stats useful: number of visits is not useful. You can shows stats similar to Sedo's stats, and add more: have a record of all visit IPs.

If price added, or an auctions started , previous bidders can be informed (I think Sedo does it).

You can require $10 refundable payment for bidding, if this option is selected by the seller, and it would be given to the seller, or kept by Dan if the buyer cheats.

•••
@LaszloSchenk
what are the odds in our portofolio views (the one not cut at 500) in our account, u can add an option of SHOW ALL in the tab that says how many domains per page we want to view? ty

•••
Dan accepts PayPal. So, if your buyer attaches his Amex card to his PayPal account and then pays using PayPal, I believe it would fly (read it either in this thread or the old undeveloped thread. Can't remember). But still need @LaszloSchenk to confirm that
Good morning @FolioTeam and @alcy,

@FolioTeam, thank you for clarifying the situation already. It is correct that one can connect his/her AMEX card to Paypal. Through it, a buyer can indirectly pay for a domain using their AMEX.

Have a great week.

•••
Some suggestions:

Make stats useful: number of visits is not useful. You can shows stats similar to Sedo's stats, and add more: have a record of all visit IPs.

If price added, or an auctions started , previous bidders can be informed (I think Sedo does it).

You can require $10 refundable payment for bidding, if this option is selected by the seller, and it would be given to the seller, or kept by Dan if the buyer cheats.
Good morning @topdom,

Thank you for your suggestions and feedback. I will make sure to relay it to our product team for review.

Have a great week.

•••
@LaszloSchenk
what are the odds in our portofolio views (the one not cut at 500) in our account, u can add an option of SHOW ALL in the tab that says how many domains per page we want to view? ty
Good morning @alcy,

Thank you for your question.

I will forward it to our product team but chances are slim this will be implemented. I do believe this would make the page loading very slow as opposed to the alternative offered.

Have a great week.

•••
Good morning @alcy,

Thank you for your question.

I will forward it to our product team but chances are slim this will be implemented. I do believe this would make the page loading very slow as opposed to the alternative offered.

Have a great week.

thanks. well, you mean it'd only load the page more slowly (though probably not even too much) if one chooses that SHOW ALL option right? or do you mean even without chosing this show all option, the other choices would load slower too? I really do not think so.

the reason I ask is beause showing all names on one page can let us copy all our domains as regular text for our uses.. I know we can export domains now too, but its not working for me oddly enough... whereas cvs or other work fine on other sites.

ty

•••
Good morning @FolioTeam and @alcy,

@FolioTeam, thank you for clarifying the situation already. It is correct that one can connect his/her AMEX card to Paypal. Through it, a buyer can indirectly pay for a domain using their AMEX.

Have a great week.

ok that would still be a good option to pay AMEX.
sadly, my buyer contacted me after I told him to do it through pp, and said he doesn't even see pp on his checkout screen... was this some temp weeekend bug (I know you do not work weekends).. or what is oging on? buyer from usa. here is what he saw:

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 3.40.40 PM.png

•••
thanks. well, you mean it'd only load the page more slowly (though probably not even too much) if one chooses that SHOW ALL option right? or do you mean even without chosing this show all option, the other choices would load slower too? I really do not think so.

the reason I ask is beause showing all names on one page can let us copy all our domains as regular text for our uses.. I know we can export domains now too, but its not working for me oddly enough... whereas cvs or other work fine on other sites.

ty
Good morning @alcy,

Thank you for your response.

This is why I forwarded it to our product team but yes it will ensure the page loading time is significantly slower when we present all domains on one page. In addition, the payment of your buyer was not made possible as the transaction value exceeded $1000. I already had contact with your buyer and proposed two solutions.

Have a great day!

•••
In addition, the payment of your buyer was not made possible as the transaction value exceeded $1000. I already had contact with your buyer and proposed two solutions.

Maybe ..on the checkout screen..you can display a message " For payment above $1000, PayPal is not available"

•••
•••
Maybe ..on the checkout screen..you can display a message " For payment above $1000, PayPal is not available"
Good morning @Crysis,

Thank you for your suggestion.

We have considered this but found that the dropout rate is higher when displaying this on the checkout pages. Currently, all who are processing their payment contact us directly when Paypal is not showing as an option. In turn, we explain the situation to them and propose several alternative payment methods. Regardless, I will forward your remark to our product team for reviewal still.

Have a great day!

•••
@DAN.COM

colud you please change the wrong german language on the landing page

it's no good german to ask for
"Preisvorschlag unterbreiten auf dieser Domain"

as you see at ebay.de they use
"Preisvorschlag für Angebote"

so the correct german would be
"Preisvorschlag unterbreiten für diese Domain"

but I recommend using the much better:
"mein Preisvorschlag für diese Domain ist"

upload_2020-5-8_12-46-45.png

•••
are dan wire bank payouts reliable for you guys? i read on another thread 1yr old someone had issues..

what does dan charge for bank wire transfer of our payout ?

•••
@DAN.COM

colud you please change the wrong german language on the landing page

it's no good german to ask for
"Preisvorschlag unterbreiten auf dieser Domain"

as you see at ebay.de they use
"Preisvorschlag für Angebote"

so the correct german would be
"Preisvorschlag unterbreiten für diese Domain"

but I recommend using the much better:
"mein Preisvorschlag für diese Domain ist"

Show attachment 153719
Good morning Frank,

Thank you for reaching out to us and providing the suggestions.

The product team was notified and will correct the grammar accordingly.

Have a great week.

•••
are dan wire bank payouts reliable for you guys? i read on another thread 1yr old someone had issues..

what does dan charge for bank wire transfer of our payout ?
Dear @alcy,

Of course, our bank wires are reliable. I am not sure what issues this individual experienced but when all details are added correctly by you no delays are incurred and the payment is delivered promptly.

Have a great week.

•••
Is anyone else trying to upload domains today without success?

It's funny how the automatic notice says the import has been successfully processed but it actually failed to add the domain. A very successful failure. :rolleyes:

Danfailure.jpg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back