Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is anyone else trying to upload domains today without success?

It's funny how the automatic notice says the import has been successfully processed but it actually failed to add the domain. A very successful failure. :rolleyes:

Show attachment 154172
It happens if your domain is already there from the previous owner. Try to contact the support they will fix that in no time.

•••
Is anyone else trying to upload domains today without success?

It's funny how the automatic notice says the import has been successfully processed but it actually failed to add the domain. A very successful failure. :rolleyes:

Show attachment 154172
Someone already has the name listed. Contact Dan to remove the listing, then add the name again

•••
It happens if your domain is already there from the previous owner. Try to contact the support they will fix that in no time.

Someone already has the name listed. Contact Dan to remove the listing, then add the name again

Thanks. I thought about that but when I searched for the domain I didn't find it in DAN's database. So I assumed it was some random error.

It turns out I missed an s when searching for the name and the domain is, indeed, already listed. Thanks again!

•••
Hello did you sold any domain on Dan for the last 3 weeks?
thanks

•••
Good morning all,

@Rhinnnn, when you open the import report the reason for failure is mentioned right behind the name. When it is already listed you can add the 3rd ownership verification email or contact support indeed and they will add the domain for you.

Have a great day!

•••
I'm disappointed in Dan.com's position towards a sav.com push on a sale. I haven't seen any evidence of the accusation dan provided as an example of why they wouldn't complete a recent sale on a push. I'm not saying it's not true. I'm saying this seems like a petty reaction to some past issues between the two companies.

Net result to me as a seller is a canceled sale.

Perhaps dan.com should make it clear in their signup that they don't do business with sav.com and of course update that to include any other registrar you get in a fit with so users know whether your platform is viable for their portfolio.

In lieu of additional clarity
To provide clarity in this thread: DAN does not and will never work with sav.com. We do not accept or process any transactions for SAV managed domains.

Dan.com will not process any transactions for Sav.com managed domains.

Is Sav.com the only registrar that Dan.com won't process transactions for?

Wondering if I, or anybody else, should be concerned about using other registrars if wanting to be open to the possibility of processing transactions at Dan.com?

Last edited:
•••
if I, or anybody else, should be concerned about using other registrars if wanting to be open to the possibility of processing transactions at Dan.com?
You or anybody else should definitely be concerned about using registrars whose ethical standards are so low they feel ok stealing other people's work. Because when somebody doesn't understand that theft is wrong, they can as well steal something from you – like your domains or account balance.

•••
•••
You or anybody else should definitely be concerned about using registrars whose ethical standards are so low they feel ok stealing other people's work. Because when somebody doesn't understand that theft is wrong, they can as well steal something from you – like your domains or account balance.

stealing a design is a very complex topic
when I saw the sedo "new landers" I was reminded of dan at first

they to me were clearly influenced by dan

same is true for sav landers
I have seen other landers similar to sav
so did they "steal" it?
and from whom?

if you want a copyright protection for a design
you need to claim and pay for a copyright or tm

next you will learn
how difficult that is

Last edited:
•••
You or anybody else should definitely be concerned about using registrars whose ethical standards are so low they feel ok stealing other people's work

Though my question derived from their recent stance against Sav.com.

I use multiple registrars, and am always on the look for new up and coming registrars. Or maybe be deceived by some old ones re=branding, perhaps under new ownership.

Nonetheless, as we have already been informed that Dan.com will not process Sav.com transactions (I don;t know the exact reason. It sounds like it has more than just IP theft, seems something else had to have occurred in the take down request, or some other avenue) I'd like to know what other registrar Dan.com will refuse to process transactions registered from?

Is it only a matter of time before other domains regged at a particular registrar are banned from Dan? Has it happened to other registrars already?

Recently, (right or wrong) Dan.com had banned Corona related domains from their marketplace. Another registrar/marketplace took that as an opportunity to market their marketplace as a place that sells these type of names. To each their own, but a conflicting decision. I also don't imagine dan.com would not host or support some of the content other domain name registrars have tweeted/enabled. But still Dan.com does business with them? Just trying to figure out where Dan.com draws the line, and how many registrars Dan.com has drawn a line against.

Last edited:
•••
also if all true then dan should put clear disclaimer somewhere 4 sellers...that names regged on which registrars will not sell...ridiculous and not seen elsewhere as such disclaimer may be

•••
Good morning all,

Thank you for your inquiries.

There is no need to worry regarding the usage or denial of registrars. Only this singular registrar is not being processed on our marketplace. We are an open and independent marketplace and will not ban any registrar from the platform unless we have no other option. All other registrars are still facilitated through our platform.

Have a great day!

•••
Good morning all,

@Rhinnnn, when you open the import report the reason for failure is mentioned right behind the name. When it is already listed you can add the 3rd ownership verification email or contact support indeed and they will add the domain for you.

Have a great day!
I have used my ownership dns but two domains failed anyway and i needed to contact the support because they were already listed. Isn't the ownership point to prevent this issue?

•••
Good morning all,

Thank you for your inquiries.

There is no need to worry regarding the usage or denial of registrars. Only this singular registrar is not being processed on our marketplace. We are an open and independent marketplace and will not ban any registrar from the platform unless we have no other option. All other registrars are still facilitated through our platform.

Have a great day!

plz tell me u at least take sav auth code to transfr out aftr sale...seriously now

•••
Yeah it would be good to get a little more clarity here...

1) Are Sav names blocked from being submitted to Dan at all, they can't be listed period? If we try to list a Sav name, it will fail? If not, what happens if a Sav name sells, the transaction is just cancelled and we lose the sale?

2) If I close a direct deal for a name that I keep at Sav, I cannot import the lead into Dan? I can't use my favorite Escrow service at Dan, I have to find another one to use?

3) What makes Sav unique here? What if another new marketplace rips off Dan down the road? Why would the situation be different?

This comes off looking spiteful against Sav (and I give the benefit of the doubt to Dan, I imagine you have a good reason to be spitful), but please think about who this decision impacts the most.
  • Your users, who pay the price by having to split up our portfolios, pushing us towards your competitors, and if Dan landers convert the best - we are potentially missing out on sales.
  • And Dan, who pays the price by missing out on commission from these lost sales.
  • In fact, it seems like everyone suffers from this decision... except Sav? It actually helps Sav.... Let's say that Dan's landers are the best in the business. If a Dan customer wants to sell a name using a Dan-style lander, but that name is at Sav, you're basically forcing us into the arms of your enemy here.
This decision hurts Dan users, hurts Dan, and helps Sav...?

To be clear: I will choose Dan over Sav because I have no reason to use Sav and I like Dan a lot. But it would be nice if we could understand the reasoning behind this better, since we're paying the price here as Dan users.

•••
3) What makes Sav unique here?

I support that request

in case you @DAN.COM have an issue with sav other than
your claim of them stealing your design idea
I would love to know that
in order to not register names with them
when I share your concerns

I guess its a matter of fairness
not to have fellow domainers run into issues with a registrar
especially when they are dan's customers

disclaimer:
I have no names at sav
actually I have no connections to sav at all
I'm not even sure if I have an account there

in fact, if DAN would not deny service for sav names
I would most likely never had heard of them

Last edited:
•••
I have used my ownership dns but two domains failed anyway and i needed to contact the support because they were already listed. Isn't the ownership point to prevent this issue?
Good morning @xeroox,

Thank you for your response.

It most certainly does. Do you have both the parking nameservers and the ownership verification nameserver added to your domain? If so, the verification could take up to 36 hours to take full effect. If you want the domains to be added faster you can always contact our support to have it added.

Have a great weekend!

•••
Every domain seller has the freedom to choose which company to work with. We simply do not work with sav.com, as they have demonstrated to us multiple times that they are an untrustworthy & immoral party to work with.

This is our conclusion based on our working experience with them and the due diligence we've performed on the people and the company behind sav.com.

We are protecting our customers by not working with sav.com. Nothing less, nothing more.

If anyone here wants to work with them, we have no problem with that but we simply do not facilitate any transactions for any domains registered or managed at sav.com. And that means that we will not accept domain pushes but also not facilitate auth code transfers for domains managed by them.

Lastly, we wouldn't take such a heavy step if we didn't have valid reasons to block sav.com managed domains from our marketplace.

In the past, we've had bad experiences with other registrars that we still allow on our platform. Sav.com is the only registrar that managed to get on our blocklist. That's an accomplishment in itself...

•••
Every domain seller has the freedom to choose which company to work with. We simply do not work with sav.com, as they have demonstrated to us multiple times that they are an untrustworthy & immoral party to work with.

This is our conclusion based on our working experience with them and the due diligence we've performed on the people and the company behind sav.com.

We are protecting our customers by not working with sav.com. Nothing less, nothing more.

If anyone here wants to work with them, we have no problem with that but we simply do not facilitate any transactions for any domains registered or managed at sav.com. And that means that we will not accept domain pushes but also not facilitate auth code transfers for domains managed by them.

Lastly, we wouldn't take such a heavy step if we didn't have valid reasons to block sav.com managed domains from our marketplace.

In the past, we've had bad experiences with other registrars that we still allow on our platform. Sav.com is the only registrar that managed to get on our blocklist. That's an accomplishment in itself...

just use plain yes or no if u take codes
saying not facilitate auth codes is just unclear
ty

•••
•••

if its no all across line
dont u think u should make it clear somewhere with big letter disclaimer for sellers not to sell sav names on dan? i mean why would seller go through lenghty hard negotiations with buyer and then be told you can't complete sale. without such disclaimer, if such sales happen, then do not complete, then potentially many sellers lose buyer and sales altogether, do u not fear those sellers would hold everything against u? as sole responsible for their failed sale.

•••
if its no all across line
dont u think u should make it clear somewhere with big letter disclaimer for sellers not to sell sav names on dan? i mean why would seller go through lenghty hard negotiations with buyer and then be told you can't complete sale. without such disclaimer, if such sales happen, then do not complete, then potentially many sellers lose buyer and sales altogether, do u not fear those sellers would hold everything against u? as sole responsible for their failed sale.

No. Sav is too small.

Suspect all well when Sav takes the industry seriously and accepts Paypal.

DAN is the best.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
No. Sav is too small.

Suspect all will b well when Sav takes industry seriously and accepts Paypal.,

DAN is the best.

Samer

im not following u.
i have names on sav.. due to their better prices on soem tlds.. and other peoples have names there too... if dan does not put disclaimer somewhere, who do u think people will blame and cause problems too and be real mad at if they negotiate sale on sav name... then tells them its cancelled cause they dont do sav... and in many cases those sellers will lose the deal and buyer altogether..

i dont get it why u talk abiot small or big.. it does not mater if small... even if this happens to one seller its already one too many. hence the need for clear disclaimer. i mean how would yuu like it if it happened to your sale.

that being said i dont think there is a market on this planet that wont even take auth code from sav to complete sale... but maybe for this reason dan shuld take codes too... I respect about dan opting not to deal with sav... but for god's sake, if your the only market on the planet to reject certsain registrar, then maybe this should just tell u to let it go... and that maybe the wrong sav did to u is in this case far lesser than the wrong u are diong to your clients by not taking auth codes at least for sales. never mind opening escrow accnt there. plz recosider auth code @DAN.COM

i think this whole incident is not just making sav look bad, but making dan look bad. cause risking sales for their clients by noit taking auth codes is basically unforgivable for an escrow/market domain company. no mater what sav did.

Last edited:
•••
Thankfully, it wont.

i have my names with a more reliable registrar

very much enjoys its relationship with DAN ty.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Thankfully, it likely wont.

i have my names with a more reliable registrar, which enjoys a better reputation with DAN.

i love dan
but make no mistake about it dan is not the domaining authority that establishes or decides reputations of registrars.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back