NameSilo

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I tried to make an offer at the Dan lander this morning but got an error

2WLQA6H.png

I wrote to the chat, but it still says "3h ago. Not seen yet", although i think it should be near noon in Netherlands now.

What does?

That's why i use Dan as little as possible lately.

hmm i just sent a lead for completion to dan this morning. I hope that the buyer will not see an error like this... can u confirm @LaszloSchenk ty

•••
I tried to make an offer at the Dan lander this morning but got an error

2WLQA6H.png

I wrote to the chat, but it still says "3h ago. Not seen yet", although i think it should be near noon in Netherlands now.

What does?

That's why i use Dan as little as possible lately.
Dear @golan,

Sorry to see this post. Our country was celebrating the annual Easter holiday last Monday. Due to this, we had to process almost the double amount of inquiries on Tuesday which resulted in a slightly delayed response.

I will proceed our conversation in the chat we already had regarding this as we still need more information in order to determine why this message was generated. It seems the situation is an isolated case as no additional remarks were received regarding this.

Best regards,

•••
how to remove make offer link?
i have choose no make offer for one of my names but it still shows make offer

•••
Having min offer and BIN price same will remove make offer link.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think make offer button should be removed from the landing page

Screenshot_20200415-132225.png

Last edited:
•••

actually i never tried putting just BUYNOW in settings. did you try it? what does it do?

but I did try and know you can remove makeoffer option by setting min offer price = buynow price. so there is no need to remove makeoffer completely... because 5489594854 people want to use it and rely on it for their selling strategy. including me. ;)

cheers

•••

When you log in, click on menu.

From the drop down menu, you will see arrow to select option by your username. Click on it. From the submenu shown select Settings.

The first thing their is buy options. Select the first to display only selling price, the second option will show both the BIN and make offer, while the last will show only make offer. The first option to display only BIN should do the magic.

Hope that help's

Last edited:
•••
When you log in, click on menu.

From the drop down menu, you will see arrow to select option by your username. Click on it. From the submenu shown select Settings.

The first thing their is buy options. Select the first to display only selling price, the second option will show both the BIN and make offer, while the last will show only make offer. The first option to display only BIN should do the magic.

Hope that help's

should do it or does it? ;)
have you tested it? I ask because i have not... and considering that aside from this option you mention, dan allows alows us to keep makeoffer option on but enter bin=starting price to remove makeoffer button also... i am not quite sure if they're the same effect or what not.

maybe @LaszloSchenk can briefly clarifty about all the different methods (maybe there are stil others?) to remove makeoffer button from landers, and differences between them. ty

•••
•••
I have not tried it. @LaszloSchenk should please confirm.

Though personally I like the make offer option to always show:xf.cool:

of course me too
tons of people use makeoffer
the solution anywhere to anytning is never to remove something permanently for all, but simply to make it always optional

however as I asked Laszlo before, and we can wait for his reply, i am confused a bit why they have more than one way to basically remove makeoffer from landers. or what the differences might be. cheers

•••
@LaszloSchenk

On a DAN seller's domain portfolio view for the end users, where they have ability to sort domains (by relevance, length, price) it would also be nice if people had ability to sort alphabetically.

Yes? Any thoughts on this idea?

Thanks!

•••
@LaszloSchenk

On a DAN seller's domain portfolio view for the end users, where they have ability to sort domains (by relevance, length, price) it would also be nice if people had ability to sort alphabetically.

Thanks!

the portfolio view cuts at 500 names
careful! ;)

i guess they put it on their to do list.. but stil no mention of this bug on the seller options.. i disagree with their lack of urgency abotu this particular bug/feature.. but... i do not run the show here :)

just heads up. in case you got more than 500 names.. cause this bug is PARTICUALRLY hard to spot.

•••
I have not tried it. @LaszloSchenk should please confirm.

Though personally I like the make offer option to always show:xf.cool:
Good morning all,

The make offer option can be disabled in two ways:
1. from the general settings for the entire portfolio by selecting "make offer only"
2. per domain individually by equalizing the minimum starting offer to the buy now price

Have a great day!

•••
@LaszloSchenk

Thanks!
Good morning @Maxxo,

Thank you for your request. I will make sure to forward it to our product team and list the feedback.

Have a great day!

•••
Service getting slow day by day - please do something - sold domain two days ago got two replies from dan yet - lol one reply / day .

•••
Service getting slow day by day - please do something - sold domain two days ago got two replies from dan yet - lol one reply / day .
Good morning @Hireinternet,

This should not happen at all. Thank you for notifying me. Could you please share the transactions involved within a private message? I will make sure to investigate the matter for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

•••
I received first offer of 200 on one domain, on ipad as i clicked on the offer tab it instead got accepted by mistake without opening it.
Unfortunately buyer paid within mins. I kept sending messages to cancel right from that second but everything is automated and support unavailable.
Screenshot_20200418-024339_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20200418-024348_Chrome~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200418-024401_Chrome~3.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I wish we could price domains in BTC or ETH instead of euros.

•••

lol... not a bad suggestion.. at least give that option.. cause not many selers would probably like to use it as of now

however, no problem for buyers to pay in btc.. so thats great.. and almost amounts to same thing as listing price in btc.. no? ;)

ps. @LaszloSchenk speaking of.. is there any chance at all you might consider showing in brackets next to bin price its BTC equivalent? this would be good.. it can show potential buyers right off the bat you acept btc payments! but not everyone would want this in brackets, so you can make it optional in settings as all other things you often make optional.. good feedback? doable? ty.

•••
I received first offer of 200 on one domain, on ipad as i clicked on the offer tab it instead got accepted by mistake without opening it.
Unfortunately buyer paid within mins. I kept sending messages to cancel right from that second but everything is automated and support unavailable.
Maybe they should implement a "Are you sure?" confirmation popup message. Right now, I believe agreements can be reached with one click which can be risky. Even counteroffers are simple type in and one click. If you accidentally type in the wrong amount and the buyer accepts, guess what - it's a done deal.

•••
Maybe they should implement a "Are you sure?" confirmation popup message. Right now, I believe agreements can be reached with one click which can be risky. Even counteroffers are simple type in and one click. If you accidentally type in the wrong amount and the buyer accepts, guess what - it's a done deal.
This is good idea. I am always afraid of accidentally pressing the wrong button. Especially on mobile.

•••
•••
Good morning @garptrader,

Thank you for your request. I will make sure to forward it to our product team for reviewal.

Have a great week.

•••
Good morning @sbweb,

Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestion. I will forward it to our product team and make sure its discussed internally.

Have a great week.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back