Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Aminul,

Our standard commission is 9%, when you import your own transaction we automatically charge just 5%.

We offer multiple payout sources like Paypal, Bankwire, Bitcoin and Ethereum and do not have any payout fees in place.
Has it changed recently as i just received following? "Unfortunately, we can't process transactions above $2k through PayPal without charging an extra fee of 4%."

@LaszloSchenk

•••
Has it changed recently as i just received following? "Unfortunately, we can't process transactions above $2k through PayPal without charging an extra fee of 4%."

@LaszloSchenk

that wouldn't make much sense to change it now.. since they are soon to implement a credit based system where you can withdraw your payouts anytime u want.. in any chunks u want

yeah.. but im definitely interested in hearing the reply too. that would mean its no longer mass payouts to paypal.. cause 4% is roughly what paypal charges.

•••
Good morning Alcy,

The product team was notified and requested to revert this straight away.

Have a great week.

ok thats been done
tnx a lot for quick fix.
and keeping things efficient and not going the other way in that department. cheers.

•••
@LaszloSchenk
hi there. can u explain:
when we sell domain on monthly payment (the old system), did you now modify post sale process so that it asks now for auth code right away? it is a bit confusing, becasue aftr buyer made first paymnt, the window said "do you prefer to push or transfer" but without waiting for answers, it then shows another box asking for code.. an to top it all, entering the code does not work.. it says invalid code. I tried it 3 times.. same result.. and the code is 100% correct (I Can show screnshots). can u clarify this process.. does this only apply to monthly payments or it always asks for auth code now for all sales? ty.

•••
•••

@LaszloSchenk
Good morning @bro,

This remained unchanged. We aim to cover all expenses for payouts but processing Paypal payouts above the $2000 would no longer make it feasible or us. This is why this option still includes an additional 4% commission in case the Paypal payout exceeds the $2000.

Have a great weekend.

•••
@LaszloSchenk
hi there. can u explain:
when we sell domain on monthly payment (the old system), did you now modify post sale process so that it asks now for auth code right away? it is a bit confusing, becasue aftr buyer made first paymnt, the window said "do you prefer to push or transfer" but without waiting for answers, it then shows another box asking for code.. an to top it all, entering the code does not work.. it says invalid code. I tried it 3 times.. same result.. and the code is 100% correct (I Can show screnshots). can u clarify this process.. does this only apply to monthly payments or it always asks for auth code now for all sales? ty.
Good morning @alcy,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Could you please PM me the images and the domain involved? I will make sure to investigate this for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

•••
Good morning @bro,

This remained unchanged. We aim to cover all expenses for payouts but processing Paypal payouts above the $2000 would no longer make it feasible or us. This is why this option still includes an additional 4% commission in case the Paypal payout exceeds the $2000.

Have a great weekend.

wait a minute.. now this rings a bell... have you had this system in place forever? or since beginning? now I seem to recall hearing this before.

would you be so kind and comment on what Reza wrote me here recently that soon you will have a credit based system where we can deposit our payouts into DAN.. keep them there for as long as we want.. or withdraw when we want.. and in any chunks we want... does this imply that if we make a sale for 3k... and keep it on dan as credit... but then decifde to withdraw to paypal later.. and do so in chunks of 1500$ per withdraw... then this 4% will no longer apply?

•••
Good morning @alcy,

Could you please PM me the images and the domain involved? I will make sure to investigate this for you.

ok I will pm you. but can u still clarify the other things I asked, like is this auth code providing a new system? and is it supposed to ask me if I wana push or transfer and without waiting for my reply, it asks me for code? or is this a bug?

ty

•••
Good morning @alcy,

ok Karim took care of manualy starting transfer. plz ignore my pm. however, it seems u do not have a bug on your hands. first off my correct auth code was rejected. 3 times. and secondly, why do you ask people in sale window if they want push or transfer, and then right away without waiting their reply you ask them for code? hope this helps. ty.

•••
@LaszloSchenk I have sent 3 e-mails to Dan support to add a domain and there is no reply. I can't add it because of previous owner listing. Please help.

•••
@LaszloSchenk I have sent 3 e-mails to Dan support to add a domain and there is no reply. I can't add it because of previous owner listing. Please help.
Me either, after they added new tool, allowing you to add 3rd DNS and automatically relist it, but that function is not always been completed successfully, I thought that tool will spare them more times to give you better or quicker services but I feel like it turns out they're getting lazier than before.
I sent several letters with no respond.

Last edited:
•••
ok Karim took care of manualy starting transfer. plz ignore my pm. however, it seems u do not have a bug on your hands. first off my correct auth code was rejected. 3 times. and secondly, why do you ask people in sale window if they want push or transfer, and then right away without waiting their reply you ask them for code? hope this helps. ty.
Got this as well not long ago (solved), if in case this happens again I'll just go straight to Simon/Karam to intervene manually. 1st time encountering it was a shock, thought that buyer suddenly had the push/transfer choice (and that sellers don't have to answer that question anymore [was hoping for that!]).

I think they're tinkering with the bot since not long ago so expect to have the bumps for a while.

•••
Me either, after they added new tool, allowing you to add 3rd DNS and automatically relist it, but that function is not always been completed successfully, I thought that tool will spare them more times to give you better or quicker services but I feel like it turns out they're getting lazier than before.
Problem solved! and here is a tip:
upload_2020-4-12_18-49-59.png

after that step you should wait for 24 hours until relisting done.

•••
hmmm... can someone plz remind me how to export list of all domains from dan into text or just show quick txt window to copy from? or csv.. or whatever... ty

@LaszloSchenk

•••
hmmm... can someone plz remind me how to export list of all domains from dan into text or just show quick txt window to copy from? or csv.. or whatever... ty

@LaszloSchenk
1. Log into your account
2. Select Portfolio to see a list of your names
3. Select the little checkbox on the left of each name. You can select either one or all names if you like.
4. Once selected, you will see the option to Export at the top of your portfolio.
5. Click on Export to export the file.
6. You will get an email once done

•••
1. Log into your account
2. Select Portfolio to see a list of your names
3. Select the little checkbox on the left of each name. You can select either one or all names if you like.
4. Once selected, you will see the option to Export at the top of your portfolio.
5. Click on Export to export the file.
6. You will get an email once done

thanks! :)

dang... its never clear and obvious when you have export option that requires you to do or click somewhere before it shows up.. not ideal.. to find... but.. its' there... normally across registrars etc, you just see export option as standalone link somewhere.. not something that magically pops up after you click checkboxes.. just creates questions like mine :) cheers.

Last edited:
•••
thanks! :)

dang... its never clear and obvious when you have export option that requires you to do or click somewhere before it shows up.. not ideal.. to find... but.. its' there... normally across registrars etc, you just see export option as standalone link somewhere.. not something that magically pops up after you click checkboxes.. just creates questions like mine :) cheers.
I agree. Dan should have something similar to the Domain Importer for people who want to export some names.

•••
I agree. Dan should have something similar to the Domain Importer for people who want to export some names.

so true... perhaps @LaszloSchenk can asdd it to their to do list. else they'll be just stuck with questions like mine. and when you add them all up, its a lot of wasted time for their support... and the confused clients too... well.. thanks again! cheers.

Last edited:
•••
Good morning @alcy,

Thank you for your response and great to hear things got resolved. As indicated in the private message this is no bug. Some extensions/registrars still require manual work. The system does not accept the transfer token instantly in that case as it requires the escrow department before it is enabled to proceed.

Regarding the system Reza was referring to, I do not have the full details on hand but as soon as it develops more information will be granted of course.

Have a great week!

•••
Good morning @kite26,

Could you let me know which email was used, which domain needed to get added and forward one of those messages to me directly at [email protected]? We've had a clean inbox this Friday which indicates that your message did not arrive somehow. I would like to investigate this.

Looking forward to hearing from you/

•••
Good morning @Jimmysun,

Thank you for notifying us and glad to see it got resolved. Indeed, it could require 24 hours on average before the changes take full effect and the domain is relisted. However, I noticed you as well submitted several letters that have not been processed yet. Could you as well forward a few of these messages to me directly at [email protected]?

•••
Good morning @FolioTeam

We will make sure to make this more convenient for our users in the future.

Have a great week.

•••
Good morning @kite26,

Could you let me know which email was used, which domain needed to get added and forward one of those messages to me directly at [email protected]? We've had a clean inbox this Friday which indicates that your message did not arrive somehow. I would like to investigate this.

Looking forward to hearing from you/
The job is done. Thank you.

•••
I tried to make an offer at the Dan lander this morning but got an error

2WLQA6H.png

I wrote to the chat, but it still says "3h ago. Not seen yet", although i think it should be near noon in Netherlands now.

What does?

That's why i use Dan as little as possible lately.

•••
Back