Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good morning @karamakate,

As everyone has a different taste and desire we have created two options already which are customizable:

1. Standard page which could be as simplistic as you want
2. Brandable page which could show many additional details like traffic/portfolio/domain descriptions etc.

Have a great weekend ahead.

There's a lot of text, icons, colours on the landing page, so I said it was overly distracting, but maybe I wasn't clear enough.

Just compare GD's ns5.afternic.com and Sedo's "Sales Lander v3 Blank" with your own landing pages. Then you will know exactly what I mean.
Also, your new 'minimalistic' option is too compact, you've shrunk everything to one point.

Maybe you should work with a UI/UX expert who knows what "simplicity" is.

•••
Use Brandable lander...
I guess, it was designed for logos...
That's what I'm using at the moment. The logos are still too small to show up correctly.

•••
Instead of Minimalistic, just return 1.0 lander...

Last edited:
•••
I have also noticed that if you refresh a Dan sales page, that counts as a unique. Can they fix that by excluding your own IPs?
I mostly check Google Analytics where I have excluded my IPs, but it would be more practical to see it on Dan as well.

Last edited:
•••
It is not even unique, they count every hit...

Last edited:
•••
There's a lot of text, icons, colours on the landing page, so I said it was overly distracting, but maybe I wasn't clear enough.

Just compare GD's ns5.afternic.com and Sedo's "Sales Lander v3 Blank" with your own landing pages. Then you will know exactly what I mean.
Also, your new 'minimalistic' option is too compact, you've shrunk everything to one point.

Maybe you should work with a UI/UX expert who knows what "simplicity" is.
I think, new Bodis sales form is the most friendly, except the unnecessary vertical scrollbar (I already reported it to Bodis team).

•••
•••
•••
It is not even unique, they count every hit...
DAN traffic stats is not just misleading, the bad faith sellers can use this HIThole to generate any traffic stats they want... for years!

p.s. Tested from my static/dedicated IP, after each my hit - their traffic counter gets +1 in the domain settings.

Last edited:
•••
It already does that. But, I think it resets if you log in from a different device. Mine sticks to the 250 per page selection every time

Ok super! You guys must be very busy... Seems it should be fairly simple to add feature so we can set default # of domains displayed on portfolio page.

•••
It sticks to your 250 only due to cookies.
My cookies and cache are cleared daily, each time I turn on my PC.

Last edited:
•••
Their reply in LiveChat regarding HIThole and Google crawler...

I've just confirmed, this is also being fixed by our product team, they are working with Google to rectify the issue, we hope to have this resolved soon.

I've also communicated the issue of views and they will look into the matter as well.

•••
Been domaining for over 20 years. Decided to give Dan.com a try. Uploaded a list of about 234 domains and 108 are already listed on Dan.com

Most of these I have owned for many years. There is no legitimate way these are listed on Dan.

I've tried to research and see if me adding them will trigger an owner verification but from what I read it looks like I would have to add a verification nameserver to 108 names and jump through a bunch of hoops to get in my portfolio?

Any advice? Really makes me wonder how many of my sales are someone arbitraging my names?

My first impression is not a positive one.

•••
Don't give up just yet. I recently started trialing some of the other guys. Dan.com has been the best overall so far.

•••
Been domaining for over 20 years. Decided to give Dan.com a try. Uploaded a list of about 234 domains and 108 are already listed on Dan.com

Most of these I have owned for many years. There is no legitimate way these are listed on Dan.

I've tried to research and see if me adding them will trigger an owner verification but from what I read it looks like I would have to add a verification nameserver to 108 names and jump through a bunch of hoops to get in my portfolio?

Any advice? Really makes me wonder how many of my sales are someone arbitraging my names?

Good afternoon @inforg,

Great to have you with us.

We have two solutions for this to overcome it promptly:

1. Consult our chat support and they will migrate the domain for you.
2. Add the ownership verification TXT record which can be found in your general settings under the ownership tab. Once the TXT record is added, perform a bulk import in your portfolio section and the domain should move to your portfolio automatically.

Do contact our support desk when you recently signed up. They will be able to give you custom recommendations to help you optimize your listings with us.

Have a great day!

•••

Any advice? ..

Submit your domains. Dan will tell you which ones were accepted, which ones were ignored (duplicate), which ones are rejected (because of being listed by others). You need to "submit" rejected ones again by email or chat (tell them what happened). They will either accept those domains also, or give you a chance to prove you own them. (Your ownership is not so important, current sellers' failure to own is the important thing...so, it won't take much time).

Last edited:
•••
Does everyone here know that the payment options a buyer has depends on their IP / location , and can be drastically limited. This could HURT SALES. and we should all be aware.

•••
Ok super! You guys must be very busy... Seems it should be fairly simple to add feature so we can set default # of domains displayed on portfolio page.
Maybe a major rebuild to add that 😂

•••
These extensions are invalid

Can you add them please to begin add domains in that extensions

.co.bz
.Us.in
.up.in
.UK.in
.tv.in
.travel.in
.pro.in
.post.in
.pg.in
.me.in
.io.in
.internet.in
.intl.in
.info.in
.gujarat.in
.er.in
.dr.in
.Delhi.in
.Cs.in
.coop.in
.com.in
.Cn.in
.business.in
.CA.in
.biz.in
.ai.in
.am.in

•••

i am quite upset and you pulled the trigger. Thank you. I bought a domain name at godaddy auctions, and went to add it at Dan. Its already listed, as this name has a history here. So i smelled fish right away.
There is a person on dan platform with over 200,000 names. A lot not registered. I contacted Aleksandra 4 weeks ago, and told her this person has domains listed that are not registered.
Obviously mine was going thru deletion, so they added it to their Dan account hoping to sell and snag. mThis appears to be there business model, which if i am correct must be against some sort of TOS
Having 200,000 of the 6,000,000 domains listed at dan, and a majority not registered, or registered in someone elses name, is not helping my names rank. This may be why others have seen sales slow down at Dan.
Buddy, has changed his username, I took a picture, worth 1000 words, and @LaszloSchenk your going to fix this issue and use this person as an example.
Stake my left nut he is a member here, and having had same cancer as lance Armstrong thats laying it all on the line.
Their username was domain-verkaufer the link i sent Aleksandra still works even though this guy changed his username.
https://dan.com/domain-seller/domai...9-1d706e00a820?&results=50&order_by=relevance

Since I spoke to Aleksandra 4 weeks ago, and she told me " they" would ask this person to verify ownership, 2 domains have been removed from this portfolio in 4 weeks.

@inforg I am on chat with michael now, lets see if they fix this

Last edited:
•••
Dan.com responded via chat and email. All of my names are now listed.

•••
Still would like to see better verification. Most of those names were never owned by anyone else, or owned before there was a marketplace there.

•••
Michael will look into this.
This person ranks right there with da monster and AD
Name and shame any dishonest person

Dan.com
Hi MOMD,
Your bulk import from November 02, 2021 has been successfully processed:​
  • 0 domains added
  • 0 domains updated
  • 0 domains deleted
  • 0 domains ignored
  • 1 domains failed

It looks like Michael is taking action, when i type my name in dan, it still shows private seller but no link to profile. Unless the dick is reading this thread.

https://whois.domaintools.com/orjew.com one on his for sale list
He wouldnt be dumb enough to use his real account to list names he doesnt own, so no point in trying to track this loser.

Edit: Michael has assured me this will be taken care of. Keep up the good work Dan.com to be frank, even Frank's are happy with your service, so i heard lol. Sorry to rant everyone. Time to go hike in mountains​

Last edited:
•••
1635933743046.png

How come some domains have been showing redirected=true&tld=xyz, some are not?

Anyone having sales or leads in DAN for the past 1 week? for me its zero.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
How come some domains have been showing redirected=true&tld=xyz, some are not

This probably has to do with the way crawlers are indexing the web. Some are indexing the dan.com website and follow links to all domains, the Dan inventory. Some are indexing all separate domains directly and arrive on your lander that way. In Google Analytics you see all of these visits combined. Including normal visits by humans that got redirected, of course.

Also relevant are these settings with regard to redirects on Dan:

Screenshot_20211103-112004_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back