Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
everyone has to do kyc now...even binance u cant trade no more if no kyc... they will lose half clients ...same for dan half people will never use btc payout anymore...cause this kyc defies whole purpose of anonymous currency.

but this was all predictable from start..governments in the end will win..take control...because they always do... and there always were and will be kings and peasants... 1%.. and 99%

get used to it...peasants can be happy and achieve enlightenment too. u dont need blue blood for that one.. tho u do need rh-

I don't mind paying taxes for crypto gains
so I don't mind paying taxes for BTC paid domain sales

but I do mind me being photographed holding my ID
and I do mind copying my ID into DAN

there has been an epik disaster
to explain why

•••
I don't mind paying taxes for crypto gains
so I don't mind paying taxes for BTC paid domain sales

but I do mind me being photographed holding my ID
and I do mind copying my ID into DAN

there has been an epik disaster
to explain why

yea that selfie thing is overdoing it. I'm sure there are other ways.

I mean what is next .. a foto of our johnson.... I mean come on.. private is private.. period

Last edited:
•••
Your Graphik Dan Web is not rendered properly in Chromium 95 on Linux, especially capital "I" letter (it looks really ugly on Dashboard and in Portfolio).

And overall, this font is very mediocre in terms of its design.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Their /buy-domain/ directory shows 626k indexed domains only.

Show attachment 202872

Looks like, because only 7 of tens of thousands "meta" domains are showing in index.

Could be even earlier, because I've checked few dozens of domains I've published in July, and they are not showing up either.
555K as of now, trending down...

•••
Congratulations, and thanks for implementing the new features, @DAN.COM (y)

Last edited:
•••
555K as of now, trending down...
That number usually fluctuates during the day, and sometimes doesn't show the real indexing coverage. Saying it based on my SEO experience with big websites.

But that doesn't answer the question about why are all of my domains aren't indexed ;)

•••
Dan.com product update #2 has just been published!

The update includes the introduction of a new domain for sale page that our sellers can start using from today on: https://news.dan.com/203941-dan-com-product-update-2
This is nice but why do we have to upload background image for every single domain? Can't they be all saved so that we can choose from the already uploaded ones?

•••
But that doesn't answer the question about why are all of my domains aren't indexed ;)
Even my domains with 1,XXX visits monthly (including bots) are not indexed.

•••
That number usually fluctuates during the day, and sometimes doesn't show the real indexing coverage. Saying it based on my SEO experience with big websites.

Which privacy settings do you use at Dan? Sellers that enforce strict privacy like no links to their domain shop have less indexing for their domains due to us not sharing specific URLs with search engines in that case.

•••
This is nice but why do we have to upload background image for every single domain? Can't they be all saved so that we can choose from the already uploaded ones?

You don't have to! If you select the minimalistic template in your general settings and add 1 background image, that one will be used for all your domains: https://dan.com/users/settings/for_sale

•••
Before DAN 2.0 all domains were indexed perfectly.
Even with Privacy:ON.

•••
Which privacy settings do you use at Dan? Sellers that enforce strict privacy like no links to their domain shop have less indexing for their domains due to us not sharing specific URLs with search engines in that case.

I have my privacy turned ON, but that's in order to stop buyer from choosing an alternative, even from my portfolio. Don't understand why should I get less coverage than any other user in this case. And that makes no sense to not index the domains based on privacy setting. Also I would appreciate if it was written somewhere, because that's definitely not a commonly used practice.
Thanks.

•••
When domains have their own backlinks - DAN internal Privacy doesn't matter at all.
They are just NOT indexing, and very probably - since 2.0
Google crawler is banned, bad (SEO unfriendly) Standard lander, or something else...

Last edited:
•••
does someone here use hybrid bodis pages? so I need to put dan servers right?

how does it compare for park rev to just using bodis?

•••
does someone here use hybrid bodis pages? so I need to put dan servers right?

It doesnt work, bodis dont approve domains, even with the TXT record.
And it's not as fast as landers, you could miss some sales.
And on mobile, you'll earn nothing as you dont dont see ads at the top screen, but only at the bottom.

•••
It doesnt work, bodis dont approve domains, even with the TXT record.
And it's not as fast as landers, you could miss some sales.
And on mobile, you'll earn nothing as you dont dont see ads at the top screen, but only at the bottom.

yeah
.. I'm gonna stick to bodis

just have dan lander aftr

tnx

•••
Just Bodis is many times better in terms of parking revenue.

•••
@LaszloSchenk Hi, can you investigate the issue various users are reporting about domains page not indexing? If its google fault there is nothing we can do but can we get a verification?
I just tested 2 domains moved from DAN to ParkingCrew a few days ago - and I see ParkingCrew snippet in SERP...
So it is NOT Google's fault. It is just hype 2.0

Last edited:
•••
And what sales volume of regular domainers?
In other words, excluding parties like HugeDomains, Registries etc.
Top Secret...
Or nothing to say.

•••
•••
The search engines have another opinion about their landers...

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM
Please make the logos 30 to 40% bigger. They're too small as is on the landers.

•••
Your Graphik Dan Web is not rendered properly in Chromium 95 on Linux, especially capital "I" letter (it looks really ugly on Dashboard and in Portfolio).

And overall, this font is very mediocre in terms of its design.
UPD: I don't see this issue in the previous 93 build.

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM
Please make the logos 30 to 40% bigger. They're too small as is on the landers.
Use Brandable lander...
I guess, it was designed for logos...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back