Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@DAN.COM
@LaszloSchenk

Would it be possible to have the IP Address of the buyer actually link to the results of the IP lookup? It would be much more convenient than having to manually copy it then manually looking it up.

Good morning @Dane

Thank you for your request.

I will make sure to relay this to our team for review as well.

Have a great day!

•••
What would be nice would be to have a chat bot using a floor price to respond to an offer, agree or counter offer using this floor price.

•••
Dan SSL Chrome issues..jpg
Forgive me if this is discussed already, but I feel it is important to discuss, I have often and now very often seeing the Your connection is not private lander through chrome, at one point their staff told me its on my side in settings, but what if majority of chrome users worldwide also have these settings auto set by chrome ?

Are we losing MANY sales from buyers never seeing sale landers ?
How many others have repeatedly seen this issue in chrome ?

Chrome is most used worldwide I assume, and this could be a big problem.
Thoughts ?

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 197946 Forgive me if this is discussed already, but I feel it is important to discuss, I have often and now very often seeing the Your connection is not private lander through chrome, at one point their staff told me its on my side in settings, but what if majority of chrome users worldwide also have these settings auto set by chrome ?

Are we losing MANY sales from buyers never seeing sale landers ?
How many others have repeatedly seen this issue in chrome ?

Chrome is most used worldwide I assume, and this could be a big problem.
Thoughts ?
Good morning @ecomslice,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Which domain is involved in this case? We will make sure to look into this for you.

•••
Screenshot_2021-08-23-15-09-43-483_com.android.chrome.jpg

One example. But it's random to device and domain over many months

Good morning @ecomslice,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Which domain is involved in this case? We will make sure to look into this for you.

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 198036

One example. But it's random to device and domain over many months

You're right, DAN serves an outdated certificate for your domain. This is not a browser issue.

Validity
Not Before: May 1 20:18:08 2020 GMT
Not After : Jul 30 20:18:08 2020 GMT

Last edited:
•••
@Future Sensors

Thank you kindly for your input. Could you elaborate ? I'm not smart in some tech areas.These dates are checked how and they mean what ?
I am very concerned if this issue is happening randomly for many domainers.

Last edited:
•••
@Future Sensors

Thank you kindly for your input. Could you elaborate ? I'm not smart in some tech areas.These dates are checked how and they mean what ?
I am very concerned if this issue is happening randomly for many domainers.

The first thing I noticed in your screenshot was the text "NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID". This means that a certificate is present, but the certificate has the wrong date (not valid anymore), so it cannot be trusted by any browser. Every TLS certificate is only valid for a certain time period, which is indicated by two dates: "Not Before" and "Not After". The Let's Encrypt certificate DAN is using for your domain is valid for only 90 days and has to be renewed (about) every 90 days, this is an automated process at DAN.

The second thing I checked was, if the nameservers for your domain are pointing to ns1.dan.com and ns2.dan.com correctly (they do) and if you changed nameservers recently. It seems that you've changed nameservers to DAN in the first week of June 2021, so that is almost 3 months ago. Usually, when you change nameservers to DAN for your domain, you will have to wait a couple of days (not months) before DAN will generate the first certificate for your domain.

The third thing I checked was the certificate itself, by querying the DAN servers directly, using the same openssl command I described earlier in this posting, for your domain specifically. This gave me the two dates May 1, 2020 and Jul 30, 2020 as mentioned earlier.

In general, I think there are no large issues with DAN certificates at the moment, but still you get this warning, so there might be a glitch somewhere. Maybe it's because the domain was hosted at Undeveloped before, then Epik, now Dan again, but this is just a guess. DAN can find this out for you.

Last edited:
•••
The first thing I noticed in your screenshot was the text "NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID". This means that a certificate is present, but the certificate has the wrong date (not valid anymore), so it cannot be trusted by any browser. Every TLS certificate is only valid for a certain time period, which is indicated by two dates: "Not Before" and "Not After". The Let's Encrypt certificate DAN is using for your domain is valid for only 90 days and has to be renewed (about) every 90 days, this is an automated process at DAN.

The second thing I checked was, if the nameservers for your domain are pointing to ns1.dan.com and ns2.dan.com correctly (they do) and if you changed nameservers recently. It seems that you've changed nameservers to DAN in the first week of June 2021, so that is almost 3 months ago. Usually, when you change nameservers to DAN for your domain, you will have to wait a couple of days (not months) before DAN will generate the first certificate for your domain.

The third thing I checked was the certificate itself, by querying the DAN servers directly, using the same openssl command I described earlier in this posting, for your domain specifically. This gave me the two dates May 1, 2020 and Jul 30, 2020 as mentioned earlier.

In general, I think there are no large issues with DAN certificates at the moment, but still you get this warning, so there might be a glitch somewhere. Maybe it's because the domain was hosted at Undeveloped before, then Epik, now Dan again, but this is just a guess. DAN can find this out for you.
Good morning @Future Sensors and @ecomslice,

We appreciate the input and assistance.

However, after verifying the name it appears you are experiencing an DNSSEC issue which can be verified here: https://dnsviz.net/d/autonomousalliance.com/dnssec/

You would either have to restore the DNSSEC settings to its default with your registrar or remove current configurations. Once done, our system can start rendering new certificates for you which will resolve the issue.

Have a great day.

•••
Good morning @Future Sensors and @ecomslice,

We appreciate the input and assistance.

However, after verifying the name it appears you are experiencing an DNSSEC issue which can be verified here: https://dnsviz.net/d/autonomousalliance.com/dnssec/

You would either have to restore the DNSSEC settings to its default with your registrar or remove current configurations. Once done, our system can start rendering new certificates for you which will resolve the issue.

Have a great day.

Good morning @LaszloSchenk

Thanks.

Since @ecomslice has been experiencing these certificate issues for almost three months without noticing, I was wondering if DAN could do even better checks to see if the TLS certificate was indeed successfully renewed and provisioned. Most users will not notice these issues on their own. A warning in the dashboard would be very helpful. Your own logs at DAN should give hints about the failed renewal attempts as well.

Last edited:
•••
@Future Sensors & @LaszloSchenk

I have now verified via dynadot support that the SSL was off via DNSSEC ,

However the concern is now larger, I never did any changes aside from Name Servers,
dynadot has no current way to verify SSL is in " True" Status unless manually visiting the site url.

they said that changing NS can randomly cause this SSL issue in DNSSEC. Scary :xf.frown:

This issue is also random as to which device or browser.

So basically all domainers have many potential " YOUR CONNECTION IS NOT PRIVATE " WARNING
when buyers visit our landers.

VERY concerning,

We might want to start recording this issue, and see if its per registrar some more than others.
I am very discouraged right now, I have see this issue so many times, and there is no way I could sit around visiting all my domains from multiple browsers and devices each week.

I will now post this same message in Dynadot thread in hopes to carry the concern to the right path.

Last edited:
•••
My guess is DAN wants to force sellers to place BINs and place the lowest min offers possible in order to convert more sales. They assume that sellers will be pushovers and sell for less than they'd expected...it's hard for many domainers to say no to offers

That's definitely not our goal. Here's our logic:

When a buyer sees a minimum price, our data indicates they'll almost in all cases simply place the minimum offer set and the moment they do that, you've lost as a seller because the wrong price point is now set for the buyers.

We handle thousands of transactions and analyze tens of thousands of leads and base this type of decision on what we simply observe.

Kind regards,

Dan

•••

However the concern is now larger, I never did any changes aside from Name Servers,
dynadot has no current way to verify SSL is in " True" Status unless manually visiting the site url.

they said that changing NS can randomly cause this SSL issue in DNSSEC. Scary :xf.frown:

So basically all domainers have many potential " YOUR CONNECTION IS NOT PRIVATE " WARNING

VERY concerning,

We might want to start recording this issue, and see if its per registrar some more than others.
I am very discouraged right now, I have see this issue so many times, and there is no way I could sit around visiting all my domains from multiple browsers and devices each week.

I will now past this same message in Dynadot thread in hopes to carry the concern to the right path.
Hi,

I'm not an expert on SSL but I just tested your domain on the site sslshopper.com and It looks that there is an issue

Last edited:
•••

VERY concerning,

I will now past this same message in Dynadot thread in hopes to carry the concern to the right path.

The only thing you have to do is remove the DS records for your domain at Dynadot. You can find these in the DNSSEC settings.

Please don't touch any SSL settings at Dynadot, because Dan is doing that part for your domain.

Check whois.com for the DNSSEC line, you should see the change there.

Keep your NS records pointed to ns1.dan.com and ns2.dan.com.

Once you've successfully removed the DS records at Dynadot, wait a couple of days and see if Dan was able to provision a new certificate for your domain.

Screenshot_20210824-111427_Chrome.jpg

•••
That's definitely not our goal. Here's our logic:

When a buyer sees a minimum price, our data indicates they'll almost in all cases simply place the minimum offer set and the moment they do that, you've lost as a seller because the wrong price point is now set for the buyers.

We handle thousands of transactions and analyze tens of thousands of leads and base this type of decision on what we simply observe.

Kind regards,

Dan
What? I'm not arguing the point that the prospective buyer will enter in an offer that reflects the minimum offer...that's not the issue.

The issue is: How long will a prospective buyer guess and plug in amounts until they just move on? If your minimum offer is higher for a particular domain, think about how much guesswork the buyer has to do in order to reach the acceptable minimum offer...

They're not just going to put in a ridiculously great offer because it keeps denying them and saying that their offer doesn't reach the minimum offer set. They're going to want to know exactly how much to offer in order not to grossly overpay.

There's zero logic in hiding the minimum offer..

Please address this, not the fact that a buyer is more likely to just offer the minimum set...especially when they have zero clue what the minimum offer is.

•••
Would be nice to let the customer comment while making an offer. Epik allow it and it seems great.

•••
Would be nice to let the customer comment while making an offer. Epik allow it and it seems great.
Good morning Davidc1,

Thank you for your feedback.

We do not offer it at this moment. We notice buyers tend to submit an offer they do not support to be able to send a message to the seller. This is used to try and secure a domain for a price below your stated minimum for example. Through our current model, one is forced to confirm their offer is binding before they are enabled to send written messages to you. All leads that aim to get in touch with a seller contact our support desk and in turn, our account managers ensure to pre-filter these leads and relay any viable ones to you.

Have a great day.

•••
Good morning Davidc1,

Thank you for your feedback.

We do not offer it at this moment. We notice buyers tend to submit an offer they do not support to be able to send a message to the seller. This is used to try and secure a domain for a price below your stated minimum for example. Through our current model, one is forced to confirm their offer is binding before they are enabled to send written messages to you. All leads that aim to get in touch with a seller contact our support desk and in turn, our account managers ensure to pre-filter these leads and relay any viable ones to you.

Have a great day.
I dont know how you prefilter anyting as everytime I tried using make offer with dan i have a lot of unpaid domains

•••
I dont know how you prefilter anyting as everytime I tried using make offer with dan i have a lot of unpaid domains
Hi Davidc1,

That is not what I was referring to. I stated that all who contact our support desk get pre-filtered by our account managers and any viable ones relayed to our sellers directly.

Regards,

•••
@Dan

When someone makes an offer below min offer a message is shown:
"Your offer does not meet the minimum starting offer requirement set by the seller."

Is there an option to show the min starting offer in the message?
Currently it is a guessing game for the potential buyer which I don't feel the right way.

Last edited:
•••
Not sure if this is possible ;

I want to turn off make offer for all my domains but want some exceptions, is this doable?

If not ; an easy fix would be to allow us to create folders and sub folders and then allow us to change these settings on a folder basis.

•••
Would be nice to see the price amount in the "payment received" email.

•••
@Dan

When someone makes an offer below min offer a message is shown:
"Your offer does not meet the minimum starting offer requirement set by the seller."

Is there an option to show the min starting offer in the message?
Currently it is a guessing game for the potential buyer which I don't feel the right way.

No one would listen :(

•••
Not sure if this is possible ;

I want to turn off make offer for all my domains but want some exceptions, is this doable?

If not ; an easy fix would be to allow us to create folders and sub folders and then allow us to change these settings on a folder basis.
Good morning @UmerK,

Thank you for checking in with us.

We have a way to bypass it and set some domains with a make offer only. In order to set this up, you would have to enable the make offer + buy it now option for all domains. For all domains that you want to disable the make offer option for you should make sure that both the buy it now and make offer price are identical to each other. This way the make offer option will be revoked and only the buy now button is displayed.

The most efficient way to do this would be by using the bulk importer through the "edit prices" option.

Have a great weekend ahead!

•••
+ 1 to showing min offers

Although probably DAN is testing and need some time to draw conclusions

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back