Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I list my domain in DAN, will it show up for sale in other registrars like Namecheap? The Services and FAQ section don't mention anything.

I tested it with a domain that's listed on Dan and it seems like that is indeed the case!
Good morning @pathfinderbeacon,

Thank you for checking in with us.

We have built the most advanced domain distribution network available. As a result, new integrators are added on a monthly basis causing the network to grow and your exposure to grow along with it. It is correct in thinking that the domains you list at Dan are incorporated into this domain distribution network and offered for sale with each network integrator as well.

Have a great day.

•••

We have built the most advanced domain distribution network available. As a result, new integrators are added on a monthly basis causing the network to grow and your exposure to grow along with it. It is correct in thinking that the domains you list at Dan are incorporated into this domain distribution network and offered for sale with each network integrator as well.

Have a great day.
Thanks for the info and awesome hair btw! I grew out my hair for the first time to find that I have really nice curls, so naturally I bought curly.hair! 😁

•••

Have a great day.
Hello Laszlo. Such distribution is an incredible and highly anticipated feature making Dan a direct competitor to Afternic and Sedo if I get it right.

Yet I just tried to check if my BIN domains listed on Dan show up at different registrars (Namecheap, Dynadot, Porkbun) as for sale, and I found none of them do.

So is this feature available only for some Dan sellers or how it works? Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
Hello Laszlo. Such distribution is an incredible and highly anticipated feature making Dan a direct competitor to Afternic and Sedo if I get it right.

Yet I just tried to check if my BIN domains listed on Dan show up at different registrars (Namecheap, Dynadot, Porkbun) as for sale, and I found none of them do.

So is this feature available only for some Dan sellers or how it works? Thank you!

Hi Goodkindname,

We're currently implementing the final improvements of the network with the first integrators before we announce all ins and outs of the network. Dan sellers are currently getting distributed sales without knowing since we also do not charge a higher commission for these sales.

The following promotional video of the network is not published yet, so do not share it on social or externally please but this gives a good impression of the tremendous value of the first open-domain distribution network built:

Our distribution network offers much more options than the current two closed networks, including activating distributed LTO transactions.

Potential integrators reading about the network for the first time can sign-up here: https://dan.com/api_partnership_program

Kind regards,

Dan

Last edited:
•••
Hi Goodkindname,

We're currently implementing the final improvements of the network with the first integrators before we announce all ins and outs of the network. Dan sellers are currently getting distributed sales without knowing since we also do not charge a higher commission for these sales.

The following promotional video of the network is not published yet, so do not share it on social or externally please but this gives a good impression of the tremendous value of the first open-domain distribution network built:

Our distribution network offers much more options than the current two closed networks, including activating distributed LTO transactions.

Potential integrators reading about the network for the first time can sign-up here: https://dan.com/api_partnership_program

Kind regards,

Dan
Nice to see that you're improving. What I would like to see next at dan would be: incorporating in the network registrars who are not in the other two networks( if it's possible, even registrars already connected to MLS and AFT)-lot's of chinese, european and south american registrars available. Incorporating in the network branding agencies, startup forums/organizations, incubators, venture companies. A new search algorithm. The dan registrar, with 'at cost' pricing, to finalize a buying process from buying to payout in a couple of hours, without to much headache for the seller or buyer. That will be a true DAN 2.0 in my view.

•••
Hi Goodkindname,

Kind regards,

Dan
This is truly great, thank you for sharing this! I'm personally very excited about this change, I'm sure many other sellers too. Finally, some real competition to the established networks.

I have some questions.
1) Since @pathfinderbeacon can see his DAN domains showing up on the Namecheap search, while I don't, does it mean it's currently available for a small number of sellers?
2) Will the network include Godaddy? Since it's the biggest registrar, having our domains in their search path is beneficial.

•••
Trust me, younger people love the style of the landers.

hey guys there is a contest when dan will have more more monthly visitors, so thats why the comparison.
@loredan read my post, thats why. Thanks for the question though 😀

•••
I have some questions.
1) Since @pathfinderbeacon can see his DAN domains showing up on the Namecheap search, while I don't, does it mean it's currently available for a small number of sellers?
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I currently don’t have any domains on DAN. I tested it by looking up one of DNGear’s domains (5am.xyz) on Namecheap and Porkbun and it showed the sale price on both.

•••
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I currently don’t have any domains on DAN. I tested it by looking up one of DNGear’s domains (5am.xyz) on Namecheap and Porkbun and it showed the sale price on both.
Oh, thanks for clarifying. Yeah, that simply means she got her domains added to Sedo or Afternic (or both) and this is the sole reason why they show up as for sale at these registrars. I already got worried I'm missing on something :)

•••
I love and appreciate Dan's efforts for networking market..

but since Dan's beginning.. and still now..for many or great most people..Dan's marketplace..along with networked places...generates zero offers and zero sales.

someone mentioned dan as sedo and afternic competitor.. but its Just a funny statement that has no meaning in reality.

of course we all hope it changes in future..but form looks of it many of us may not live to see it..

ps I love dan for many thing and use regularly...checkout and payout and support are light years ahead of many..but marketplace..as standalone product is generating for most no action. this needs to change so dan can be more than just a good lander and checkout.

•••
I love and appreciate Dan's efforts for networking market..

but since Dan's beginning.. and still now..for many or great most people..Dan's marketplace..along with networked places...generates zero offers and zero sales.

someone mentioned dan as sedo and afternic competitor.. but its Just a funny statement that has no meaning in reality.

of course we all hope it changes in future..but form looks of it many of us may not live to see it..

ps I love dan for many thing and use regularly...checkout and payout and support are light years ahead of many..but marketplace..as standalone product is generating for most no action. this needs to change so dan can be more than just a good lander and checkout.
Not a competitor yet but may become one with this distribution network. I think if they manage to propagate our domains across large number of registrars while keeping their low fees, fast transfer and btc payouts.. In my opinion this sounds like one hell of a competitor! :)

•••

Those are showing in Afternic reseller path.(Not DAN, i guess)
Its too early to comment on DAN 2.0.
One bad move was not to show the minimum offer imho.

How long should a potential buyer try to reach the minimum offer? It seems a potential barrier. Buyers lack of patience would walk away.

Last edited:
•••

How long should a potential buyer try to reach the minimum offer? It seems a potential barrier. Buyers lack of patience would walk away.
Definitely. This was my first red flag with the min. offer not being displayed in 2.0...

•••

that was the best move at DAN2.0

as before even in Google Search results the min offer was visible,
so no buyer would even bother to bid more

that was the only very, very good change

•••

I was happy to see this change.

•••
Update regarding Sav.com managed domains:

As most of you know, we stopped working with Sav.com managed domains a couple of months ago. From today on, we're changing that policy as follow:

1: All Sav.com registered domains are allowed to be sold via Dan.com and its network/transaction partners again, as long as the domains do not have a 60-day transfer lock enabled.

2: Please note that we still cannot deliver newly registered, locked domains at Sav to Dan buyers. For now, sellers have to make sure they only add domains aged +60 days to their Dan account.

In the near future, we'll make sure to automatically reject domains at import when they do not meet the above requirement to make the process easier and clearer for our sellers.

Kind regards,

Dan

•••
•••

As most of you know, we stopped working with Sav.com managed domains a couple of months ago. From today on, we're changing that policy as follow:

1: All Sav.com registered domains are allowed to be sold via Dan.com and its network/transaction partners again, as long as the domains do not have a 60-day transfer lock enabled.

2: Please note that we still cannot deliver newly registered, locked domains at Sav to Dan buyers. For now, sellers have to make sure they only add domains aged +60 days to their Dan account.

In the near future, we'll make sure to automatically reject domains at import when they do not meet the above requirement to make the process easier and clearer for our sellers.

Kind regards,

Dan

what???? u will actually auto reject all newly regged names and recent transfers from adding to our folio??? including our public folio link we show to our buyers..

whose idea is this? and how many cases of vinegar did they have to drink?

is this brilliant idea for sav names only or for all recent reg and transfer locked names at all registrars?

oh and tnx for taking sav codes.. it was basically ridiculous not to. it's one thing if u do not wanna push there..but a code.. come on.

Last edited:
•••
1: All Sav.com registered domains are allowed to be sold via Dan.com and its network/transaction partners again, as long as the domains
Thanks. It's positive for sav investor's.

•••
Thanks. It's positive for sav investor's.

yeah selective public portfolio as dan sees fit removing names from my public folio is so positive I'm gonna die
.wow ...what a step forward.

might as well just remove the whole public folio option..

I guess freedom isn't Dan's vocabulary. they prefer..restrictions and limitations..

Last edited:
•••

Kind regards,

Dan

very wise move

.. it was basically ridiculous not to...

maybe they grow up
they even improved some parts of the German Landing Page

Last edited:
•••
•••
that was the best move at DAN2.0

as before even in Google Search results the min offer was visible,
so no buyer would even bother to bid more

that was the only very, very good change

If we have a domain like Frank.com or Germany.com, We could put a min offer like 5mil or 10 mil and we can sit relaxed. Its not the case for 95% of domains.

Last edited:
•••
upload_2021-8-13_18-32-24.png

•••
@DAN.COM
Feature requests:
1) It would be great if in our domain stats, you would show those left abandoned in shopping carts.
2) Domains which potential clients have used the chat widget or contacted a Dan broker.

After all, these are the real leads, not the low ball offers we sometimes receive.

thanks

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back