IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not a hobbyist domainer
I started selling domains in 2001

had my first 4 fig sale in 2003

now when I send my domain traffic to a company that brags
to be the best most innovative and up to date company to sell domains at
I expect them to act professionally in every aspect

When I tell them for free how to fix huge issues at the German Landing Page
I don't expect unprofessionally behavior,
but a fast fix
Well, since they wont do it, send your .de domains elsewhere, and stop talking about it.
Thats the fix.

•••
Well, since they wont do it, send your .de domains elsewhere, and stop talking about it.
Thats the fix.

that of course a way to handle it...

but that wouldn't fix it for you
not for DAN
and not for the community

and of course they will fix it
but they wouldn't do it publically
but silently
within some weeks

but they won't tell me

hey DAN that's cool for me
just fix it

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM "Send a counter offer" button doesn't work when you open the chat/offer window from clicking on domain name and under heading "Sales activity"

Show attachment 197188

and another thing

When you change language on submit offer page then offer price disappears after language is changed. this only happens with make offer.
Show attachment 197190
Good morning @td11

Thank you for providing feedback on these bugs. Could you send me a private message or reach out to me through [email protected] with information on the negotiation involved? I would like to try and reproduce the scenario described by you. The bug resolving from changing the language on the make offer page will be relayed to our product team straight away.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:
•••
Hey Laslo,

the german landing page needs a deep investigation

"Diese Domain holen"
is very, very poor german

You had a perfect way to adress the german visitor in 2014

I suggest:
"Diese Domain übernehmen"

"Zahlen Sie jetzt den vollen 500 €"

is very very very poor copy
and WRONG german, too

it should quote "DIE vollen 500 €"
not "DEN"
plural - not only 1 euro
at least - bad Grammar kills sales

but even that is really really bad copy

it should quote
"Zahlen Sie jetzt 500 €, oder wählen Sie Leasingkauf"

upload_2021-8-9_14-10-12.png

•••
@DAN.COM Hope all good.

Do you have a feature wherein "Make Offer" can be enabled above a certain price threshold? For example, enable only if price > $500, else show only BIN? Please let me know as I could not find it in the dashboard. (This assumes LTO is turned off and it is not under consideration).

Thanks in advance.

•••
Good morning @td11

Thank you for providing feedback on these bugs. Could you send me a private message or reach out to me through [email protected] with information on the negotiation involved? I would like to try and reproduce the scenario described by you. The bug resolving from changing the language on the make offer page will be relayed to our product team straight away.

I look forward to hearing from you.
While you are looking into that frustrating bug with the Send Counter Offer button, maybe it's time to rethink the symbols you use there, to make them clearer to sellers. I realise good efforts have been made to present a compact interface, but when only a symbol is presented and is clickable there are risks.

The green tick mark looks like it might open a window to consider an offer but it accepts it with just that click - easy to wrongly accept offer.

The hammer symbol opens a counter offer dialogue, but you have to discover that and it is counterintuitive because the hammer symbol implies the end of an auction - to me that symbol suggest it is the Accept Offer button.

•••
Hey

@DAN.COM I sold domain registered on
Alibaba cloud, I provided the authentication code as requested since the fifth of this month but still haven't gotten any notification as regards approving the transfer

•••
@DAN.COM Hope all good.

Do you have a feature wherein "Make Offer" can be enabled above a certain price threshold? For example, enable only if price > $500, else show only BIN? Please let me know as I could not find it in the dashboard. (This assumes LTO is turned off and it is not under consideration).

Thanks in advance.
Good morning,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We do not offer this yet but I will relay this request to our product team for review.

Have a great day.

•••
Good morning,

Thank you for your feedback.

When hovering over the symbols the purpose of each symbol/button is displayed. This way we can notify our users of the buttons/symbols' main intent.

•••
Hey

@DAN.COM I sold domain registered on
Alibaba cloud, I provided the authentication code as requested since the fifth of this month but still haven't gotten any notification as regards approving the transfer
Hi Soneh,

It is best to contact our support with regards to these things in order to receive a fast response and resolution. We currently have no transaction that we can retrace and help you with.

Could you please contact our support desk and ask for clarification?

•••
Good morning,

Thank you for your feedback.

When hovering over the symbols the purpose of each symbol/button is displayed. This way we can notify our users of the buttons/symbols' main intent.

Hi Laszlo,

While this may be true for the desktop, you cannot easily do this on mobile.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
•••
Do you have a feature wherein "Make Offer" can be enabled above a certain price threshold? For example, enable only if price > $500, else show only BIN?
This is a great idea. Hopefully they will add this feature.

•••
Hello @DAN.COM please look into this issue.
Today I got an offer and I accepted it.
I've pushed the domain to Dan's account, but your staff haven't pushed it to the buyer's account and now the buyer thinks I'm a scammer so please fix this.

•••
I've pushed the domain to Dan's account, but your staff haven't pushed it to the buyer's account and now the buyer thinks I'm a scammer so please fix this.

Just curious. What did the buyer tell you about this?

•••
This is a great idea. Hopefully they will add this feature.

seriously...just put makeoffer wherever I want it. u can do bulk too

•••
as you continue to ignore me
you ignored fixing a huge bug too
-help text of MwSt ( VAT ) German Landing Page-

1) that help text is superfluous -everybody knows about VAT in Germany-
2) the information in this text is not needed at all
3) it will only scare buyers away

- as you quote in that help text "all customers in the EU have to pay VAT" -
yes always and so everybody is aware of it.

but if you insist to use that help text

1) we use 19% VAT in Germany

2) displaying 21% ( correct for the Netherlands ) is really annoying
and certainly not helping German Sales

upload_2021-8-11_0-40-35.png

Last edited:
•••
Good morning Hikithe,

Thank you for contacting us.

If the domain was pushed to us within business hours and the buyer attended to the transfer instructions submitted to them there is no reason why the transfer should not be initiated. However, when it comes to these situations you have to contact our support desk or chat. Through Namepros we cannot locate your account and we do not know which transaction is involved.

Best regards,

•••
https://www.similarweb.com/website/dan.com/?competitors=sedo.com
whomever picked july is not a weiner
Engagement

Total Visits 2.68M 2.95M
Avg. Visit Duration 00:03:50 00:02:05
Pages per Visit 2.83 3.03
Bounce Rate 71.00% 66.19%

sedo gave you a stone cold chit kicking again in july dan.com
Maybe worse than last month, i will find my post in this tangled thread later

my august pick is not looking good at all.
Still luv you, your simply the best, better than all the rest:singing:

hey why not start a google adsense campaign like .today?
Buy 100,000 visits, lets get some traction boys
@wurdd any hair comments :xf.grin:

landers looking great at this end but at my age a lot of things look good that younger crowd would probably disagree with. keep up good work

•••
Engagement

Total Visits 2.68M 2.95M

landers looking great at this end but at my age a lot of things look good that younger crowd would probably disagree with. keep up good work

and now pls compare dan.de versus sedo.de

•••
Engagement

Total Visits 2.68M 2.95M

Trust me, younger people love the style of the landers.

•••
Engagement

Total Visits 2.68M 2.95M

Not sure what's the point of comparing a 20 years old company with a 7 years old one. The results are not bad at all from Dan's perspective. They just have a slightly lower no of visits, but are better on avg. visit duration and then sedo is just slightly better at ppv and br. Not impressive at all for an old, well established company as Sedo is, who had basically no competition at all at least on the european side of the world and just a major competitor (GD/Afternic) worldwide in the first 15 years since they launched. They should have been way higher but instead you look at their crappy site and is frozen in time.

Monthly traffic figures aside (for now), Dan is a million miles better overall than Sedo from any other angle you see this.

and now pls compare dan.de versus sedo.de

Why would someone compare dan.de vs sedo.de? ... what's the point? For Dan, .de is just another crappy market as .at, .it, .uk or any other euro nation taken individually.

Why the hate, man? You're everywhere to bash Dan, like a flocking buffon, why the hate? Cause they don't listen to you? why would they? who the flock are you from their pov? Can't wait to see you doing the same thing to sedo or gd ...

•••
•••
For Dan, .de is just another crappy market

you got my point

but what you forget is:
any buyer from Germany will see those "crapy" Landing Pages

even when they want to buy your precious domain names.

Why the hate, man? You're everywhere to bash Dan, like a flocking buffon, why the hate?

so, you think, providing free feedback on their bugs on their Landing Page is bashing?

Can't wait to see you doing the same thing to sedo or gd ...

both of them have perfect German Landing Pages
so why should I?

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM Thanks for all that's new and upcoming with 2.0

that said...If you want to turn on Beast mode..I vote

adding ETH ( Ethereum ) as a checkout option and setting on landers.

This would be HOT! IMO most nft markplaces are doing their sales and checkouts in ETH

(BTC) good too...

Last edited:
•••
If I list my domain in DAN, will it show up for sale in other registrars like Namecheap? The Services and FAQ section don't mention anything.

I tested it with a domain that's listed on Dan and it seems like that is indeed the case!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back