NameSilo

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by Reza, Aug 7, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. wot

wot Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

No update on stats for some days now.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. 702

702 Established Member

Anyone having a problem connecting to their DAN landers, or logging into DAN?

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  3. olcayto

olcayto NameFree.net

i can't log into my account too.

edit: it works now

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  4. xeroox

xeroox Established Member

Yea it's lagging as hell, I couldn't accept an offer and in the end, I accepted 3 times after multiple attempts

5. LaszloSchenk

LaszloSchenk Upgraded Member Dan.com Staff Blue Account

Good morning all,

We have noticed some of you mentioned experiencing a slow loading time recently. For the past weeks, we have experienced an out-of-the-ordinary increase in visitors/traffic. Our product team was working on it and is adding additional servers to maintain a fast loading time.

Have a great week ahead.

6. DomainRecap

DomainRecap Top Contributor VIP

Are there any Paypal transaction fees on deposits from DAN? I know Sedo and GD deposit 100% of post-commission amounts (like Friends & Family) but I've never done a transaction through DAN.

Thanks.

7. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

Can confirm this.

8. LaszloSchenk

Good morning @DomainRecap,

Thank you for your inquiry. We maintain no transaction fees for Paypal payouts. We cover the fees for this payout method up to a total of $2000.

Have a great week ahead!

9. DomainRecap

DomainRecap Top Contributor VIP

Thank you for the clarification, but just to be sure, does this mean "the first $2,000 is free" on any transaction or that only transactions at or below $2,000 qualify?

Also, could I attach both a Bank Account and Paypal Account, and then choose which payment method is appropriate based on the total dollar value?

Thanks.

I am asking because I've sold a ton at Sedo, GD, Afternic, etc. but never at DAN, but I recently started directing traffic for a portion of my domains to your nameservers, so I need to be ready.

10. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

yea it's hard to figure this from his answer

cause what this means is actually that dan never pays out to paypal if price over 2k...and there is no splitting or such

so over 2k...and u gotta go bank or btc.

apparently in future they will have credit system...like epik..so u withdraw any amount anytime anywhere.. but u know how that works..arrival date unknown.. could die before.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  11. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

I'm experiencing a long delay with the following DAN portfolio actions:

- Adding one single new domain name (status "To do" in https://dan.com/users/domains/bulks)
    - Removing another single, sold, domain name (status "To do" in https://dan.com/users/domains/bulks)

These tasks are both still pending.

Also, from the DAN.com main page, the search function produces zero (0) results for any simple search query without additional filtering. No domains are shown.

Screenshot_2021-05-18 Bulk imports DAN COM.png

Screenshot_2021-05-18 Search and Buy Domain Names DAN COM.png

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  12. Domain Wildcatter

Domain Wildcatter Established Member

Dan(.com) search is down for me, also.

13. Steve Andersen

Steve Andersen Established Member

Trying to add names. Not working no email response or names getting to portfolio.

14. LaszloSchenk

Good morning @DomainRecap,

Yes, Paypal payouts can be processed for any transaction up to $2000. Any higher transaction values are best processed with alternative payout methods like a wire transfer or BTC but if Paypal is preferred we can still accommodate but the commission will be slightly increased.

It is possible to set both payout details for a wire transfer and Paypal in your payout settings already. Once you have a payout pending you can either set Paypal or a wire transfer as your preferred payout source from within your general settings.

Have a great day.

15. LaszloSchenk

Good morning all,

Thank you for informing us about the problem experienced. All domains you have imported are queued up when this happens and will get processed still. It only will not be as fast as normally experienced. Our apologies for the delay in processing. Our product team made sure to resolve this for you.

Do let me know in case there is still anything we can do for you.

16. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

didnt u or yer people tell me or others here b4 that above 2k paypal payouts are simply impossible? does this mean u changed policy? also how much extra do u charge if pp payout over 2k? I assume it's fixed fee. ty p.s. that credit hold system .. I mean do u know if it will be this yr..next yr? ty

17. xeroox

xeroox Established Member

It will be nice if we can manually choose the payout option inside each transaction and not in the settings

18. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

I dont get it..that's what we do..we go to settings and manually it no? and we can do so for each transaction.

19. LaszloSchenk

Dear Alcy,

We have not stated it was impossible but that Paypal payouts are capped at $2000. Higher payouts were possible at an increased commission of 4% which is why wire transfers or BTC payouts would be a recommended payout alternative. That being said, we are hoping to increase the Paypal payout limit in the future.

Lastly, we have no information on the account balance available. We will let you all know when anything changes on that front.

Have a great day.

20. MasterOfMyDomains

MasterOfMyDomains Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I noticed your for sale/ lease box on right side, floats to bottom of page now, covering part of footer than has contact info etc

21. Charybdis

Charybdis Established Member

@LaszloSchenk on the "add new lead" form why are you asking for so many details (name, email, phone)? This isn't that GDPR friendly.
    Instead it should work like this:
    - both seller and buyer create a dan.com account
    - seller enters the buyer's dan.com account ID when creating the new lead
    - buyer will receive an email notification to his/her registered dan.com account email that a new lead has been created
    - buyers and sellers only change personal details which are absolutely necessary for the VAT invoice, so name/company name, address and VAT number (if any)

Buyers and sellers don't need to change email addresses and phone numbers if they both have a dan account!

22. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

add lead is usually from bodis or other form..where buyer already gives all his info there.

so it has nothing to do with dan

23. Charybdis

I buy domains on Namepros and when I want to use dan.com for the transaction, I shouldn't be forced to give out my name, email and phone to the seller. Seller needs to enter my name, email and phone on the add new lead form on Dan.
    Unnecessary information, should work just by entering my Dan ID.
    What about GDPR ?

24. NickB

NickB it's a mystery VIP

Read their privacy policy before complaining.....it is quite clear

https://dan.com/legal/privacy-policy

25. Charybdis

I understand that Dan needs my name, email and phone number. They are a registered company, they have a privacy policy, great.
    However when I want to buy a domain on Dan from a seller here on Namepros, then I have to share my name, email and phone number first with the unknown seller, because the seller needs to input my details on that "add new lead" form. And this unknown seller is most likely a private individual without any privacy policy. My problem comes from this, why am I forced to share my private details with the seller?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice