Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm making a test using make offer only since a few days.
Once offer is accepted it seems most buyers takes time to pay or change their mind, decide not to pay, maybe fake buyers.

I found over the years in this business that if I accept an offer without countering it the person vanishes.

The person feels that if he offered less you would have accepted too and it ruins the perceived value of the domain too.

People want to know they got a deal, a steal, they want to be able to tell their friends "the guy wanted 2000 I got him down to 1600". Not, "I made a 2000 offer and he took it". When that happens everyone thinks the same, if you would've offered 100 he would've taken it too.

You also must realize that the pattern used by probably the most successful independent domain seller HD is BIN with financing option. When you do this you show confidence in price, the potential buyer only has one thing to think about, do I buy it upfront or do I make payments? They don't have to start looking and thinking what to offer. More importantly, they make a decision while they are hot on whatever idea they have. By the time you reply to an offer they might've cooled their feet or someone told them their idea is no good.

I use a mix of things on my domains, however, at some point I will just have all listed with a bin and financing.

•••
Ho @LaszloSchenk

Thanks a lot for investigating. Could you see in the httpd logs where this started? At which DAN customer domain? And in the meantime try to block the bot traffic...
Good morning,

Not yet, but we are investigating the matter and working on the problem at hand.

Best regards,

•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

forgive me If this has been answered before.

Waiting to get verified So I can accept Crypto payments on Dan.

Questions is when selecting Preferred Payment Method :

Are automatically be paid via which is selected, or at the close of a sale do we still get the option to pick Bitcoin vs Cash/Wire?

Basically certain sales I may want to receive cash, others Bitcoin...and I'm not sure If "preferred" payment means automatically applied, as that is the setting for our entire portfolios.

Thanks

•••
I found over the years in this business that if I accept an offer without countering it the person vanishes.

yes found the same.

•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

forgive me If this has been answered before.

Waiting to get verified So I can accept Crypto payments on Dan.

Questions is when selecting Preferred Payment Method :

Are automatically be paid via which is selected, or at the close of a sale do we still get the option to pick Bitcoin vs Cash/Wire?

Basically certain sales I may want to receive cash, others Bitcoin...and I'm not sure If "preferred" payment means automatically applied, as that is the setting for our entire portfolios.

Thanks
Good morning @DomainBarracksRob,

Thank you for checking in with us.

Yes, the preferred payout method will always be used to process the payout. Therefore, one has to make sure to have selected the right payout method before a domain is delivered to our holding account in full.

Have a great week.

•••
Good morning @DomainBarracksRob,

Thank you for checking in with us.

Yes, the preferred payout method will always be used to process the payout. Therefore, one has to make sure to have selected the right payout method before a domain is delivered to our holding account in full.

Have a great week.
I was told by Walter that I have to wait until a sale has been completed and then get in touch - I have had a sale go through with DAN and got paid via PayPal so this should mean I have been "verified"

For future sales I would like to be paid in Crypto though....

Also if someone goes down the lease to buy route does this mean the monthly payments from DAN will be in Crypto?

•••
Hello, one suggestion/feedback from my side, that buyer must also be given chance to create inbound lead transaction like all other escrows.

•••
I find such btc payouts as u describe not necessarily being yer fault.. are a major issue

what if I sell name for 10k
.. and 1btc is 10k now.. but when u send payment it's already not going to convert to 10k for me...

that being said..here come stablecoin.. busd..usdt etc..plenty to pick...can u consider solving all these issues we both admit to with btc once for all and use 1 stable coin.. or few..but one enuf... is this something u can consider or are thinking of? ty

comment? @LaszloSchenk

•••
I was told by Walter that I have to wait until a sale has been completed and then get in touch - I have had a sale go through with DAN and got paid via PayPal so this should mean I have been "verified"

For future sales I would like to be paid in Crypto though....

Also if someone goes down the lease to buy route does this mean the monthly payments from DAN will be in Crypto?
Good morning @NickB,

What Walter was referring to is a situation where you have a unique deviating payout request. If you have one instance where you would like to receive BTC instead of your default payout method, it could be requested in the transaction window. However, this is not a standard practice.

If you want to receive a BTC payout you need to get verified once (not required with Paypal) and you can set up the default BTC payout settings right after.

Have a great day.

•••
Hi Alcy,

We do not have any such thing on the planning yet. We offered BTC as this was highly requested by our users. The situation described by you works both ways of course. There is a chance the value will drop but also a chance the value will increase exponentially. We offer the crypto payout option as a service and it is up to you to decide if you prefer it to be processed as such or not.

Perhaps in the future, more alternatives will be offered.

Best regards,

•••
I am really liking Dan.com integration with Efty.com. Havent sold any names yet, been kinda lazy setting it up. Efty.com rocks, but adding a bin button that goes to a nice clean bin landing page at Dan.com is sweet.
I would like to see USD displayed by the amount at that checkout page.
No biggie. Only thing you are really missing is pacific/eastern time zone support. Someone in United States, as you probably know domainers expect things to happen instantly. Not now, but right now.
So hats off to you and @Doron Vermaat for partnering up and doing a good job of it(y)
If i come across any issues, rest assured i will let you know

•••
@LaszloSchenk Will Dan 2.0 go live this week or next week or later?

•••
•••
•••
Hi Alcy,

We do not have any such thing on the planning yet. We offered BTC as this was highly requested by our users. The situation described by you works both ways of course. There is a chance the value will drop but also a chance the value will increase exponentially. We offer the crypto payout option as a service and it is up to you to decide if you prefer it to be processed as such or not.

Perhaps in the future, more alternatives will be offered.

Best regards,

well that's understandable.. but times change and now stablecoin are god.. core of all trades etc.. just as once u agreed to use btc by popular demand and to evolve..do not stop evolving now... plz consider using usdt or another one...usdt is most popular

I hope u talk about it to yer team.

u can keep btc..just add address for usdt

imagine it will solve single handedly all yer conversion issues.. and all issues of btc volatility etc. it's like paying usd straight up...just in crypto. its ideal. perfect.

I mean what do u even tell the guy who sells name for 10k...and if btc is 10k..he expects to get 1btc so he can convert his sale into 10k usdt... but during time u set his payout amount 1btc is 20k...so u send him 0.5btc... then he gets it hours or day later...and btc is changed..anyway u get the point.

this is why btc compared to usdt for payouts is not even close. btc is terrible.

tnx

•••
@LaszloSchenk Will Dan 2.0 go live this week or next week or later?
Good morning @td11,

Unfortunately, I do not have the exact release date yet but it should not take long. We most certainly will let you and other users know here when it will get released.

Have a great day.

•••
well that's understandable.. but times change and now stablecoin are god.. core of all trades etc.. just as once u agreed to use btc by popular demand and to evolve..do not stop evolving now... plz consider using usdt or another one...usdt is most popular

I hope u talk about it to yer team.

u can keep btc..just add address for usdt

imagine it will solve single handedly all yer conversion issues.. and all issues of btc volatility etc. it's like paying usd straight up...just in crypto. its ideal. perfect.

I mean what do u even tell the guy who sells name for 10k...and if btc is 10k..he expects to get 1btc so he can convert his sale into 10k usdt... but during time u set his payout amount 1btc is 20k...so u send him 0.5btc... then he gets it hours or day later...and btc is changed..anyway u get the point.

this is why btc compared to usdt for payouts is not even close. btc is terrible.

tnx
USDT is not USD$ per say, guess who is next on regulation chopping block. if you want dollars payout select paypal, or wire.

Last edited:
•••
USDT is not USD$ per say, guess who is next on regulation chopping block. if you want dollars payout select paypal, or wire.

well u dont know for now about chopping.. or when.

for now stable coins are god.
they are literally the next step in evolution of crypto... after bitcoin.

while we can speculate here about chopping or when or how.. meanwhile dan and others are missing chance to evolve into sc payouts.. just as once in prehistory they evolved into bitcoin.

and people continue to wonder and complain to dan and others why when they get their btc payout and wanna put it to usdt it's less than amount sold for...

and sure as u say we can use PayPal nor wire... but why when usdt infinitely more efficient... which is precisely why its so important. I mean this is why we have cryptos..stablecoins.. cause they are better than pp or wire.

not to mention a 2k paypal payout limit.

•••
•••
Noticed today that the description field is integrated in the regular CSV download, thanks @LaszloSchenk and @DAN.COM

Ref: https://www.namepros.com/threads/da...official-thread.1148567/page-102#post-8086772

Hi @LaszloSchenk

Could you tell some more about the following, please.

If description column is not included when uploading the csv, the descriptions remain as they are.
If description column is included when uploading the csv, the descriptions get an update.

Is this correct? Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
@LaszloSchenk

Hi

What is the process to get my account verified ? I need to be paid in Crypto

Thank

•••
I'm guessing domains listed on Dan but not using their landers are shunted to the bottom of the search results or not even shown in the search results. Not a single view on any domain !

•••
I'm guessing domains listed on Dan but not using their landers are shunted to the bottom of the search results or not even shown in the search results. Not a single view on any domain !

dan never was or isn't famous for their marketplace direct sales or buys.. unless maybe for the few odd super liquid valuable sales happening that way..

u can rely on sedo market..no lander..to get sales...even moreso on gd...but not on dan market... maybe it will change ..but I predict a several years wait time... its basically a lander or for me an add lead company option... tho I even have my doubts about its effectiveness in terms of nonpayers for landers... I gotta say for add leads it works the best of all companies.. and I tried all... it's easy checkout both for buyer and seller payouts.

•••
DAN parking has no any effect on ranking in their search results.

•••
Hi @LaszloSchenk

Could you tell some more about the following, please.

If description column is not included when uploading the csv, the descriptions remain as they are.
If description column is included when uploading the csv, the descriptions get an update.

Is this correct? Thanks.
Good afternoon @Future Sensors,

Thank you for raising this question. When the field is excluded the descriptions remain the same. If you do add the column descriptions get updated indeed.

Have a great week ahead.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back