Domain Empire

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are there any filters you use? I see and notice a lot of bot traffic showing up on GA

I'm using filters that exclude the IP ranges of crawlers in aggregated CIDR notation. Those ranges can be found on the Internet, but I collect them myself based on other sites I'm hosting, where I also exclude them from certain httpd stats and reporting. This is so much easier on Unix. Nevertheless, it cost me years to accumulate the CIDR ranges.

I would not advise filtering based on city for crawlers.

Last edited:
•••
For the first time, a buyer has bought a domain name from me through lease to own with 60 installments :xf.grin:.
I hope that the buyer will pay all installments.
Thanks @DAN.COM
I just wanted to keep you informed. Unfortunately this transaction has been canceled because the buyer has not paid the 2nd installment :xf.frown:. I got the domain name back from DAN.

•••
Thanks Laszlo, for now I have moved all my domains to the hybrid parking option which means I can see the daily visitors stats for all them on Bodis...
That's what I did too. Updates every 3 hours

•••
I miss using Dan.com :( I stopped after the Sav thing.

Now I am wondering if Dan was trying to do the industry a favor by launching an early warning sign. I don't know. I am not privy to what happened, or what/how things were said behind the scenes. All I know is It's unfortunate being a custdomainer feeling stuck in between a domain service provider battle.

I have a lot of my portfolio at sav, though I do have domains at other registrars that would be better managed in a neat consolidated domain management platform such as Dan. Things were much easier to manage, and domaining was way less stressful when I had first migrated to Dan; I miss that feeling.

I hope to wake up tomorrow and find the motivation/focus/decision to start using Dan again, and make things easier on myself. The spreadsheet game may be for some, but not for me.

I stopped sending traffic after they consciously ignored my request
to adopt the german version of the LP to more common use.

arrogant ignores I know a lot.
sedo ignores handling of the VAT issue for more than 20 years
DAN, well they used to listen, when they were tiny

my own page is much better for my german customers
good they ignored me

Last edited:
•••
I just wanted to keep you informed. Unfortunately this transaction has been canceled because the buyer has not paid the 2nd installment :xf.frown:. I got the domain name back from DAN.

that is the most likely outcome

so I don't offer that no more

Last edited:
•••
Never mind. Seems to be my Wifi. For some reason all sites load normally except Dan. But on my mobile on 5g it loads normally ...

Last edited:
•••
On Twitter, when linking to a domain name for sale on DAN, the image that used in the twitter card is generated from the DAN domain for sale page background image. This ends up not looking very good on Twitter.

"Domain Name For Sale | DAN.COM I found a great domain name for sale. Check it out!"

Maybe it would be a better to use the sellers profile picture for the Twitter image? Or have a setting in the DAN seller options for a preferred image to use for social media sharing?

Any thoughts?
Thanks @DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

•••
Sure it’s be answered here before so apologies in advance.

What is the commission rate on sales that happen via the Efty/ Dan intergration?

They visit my Efty Landry and click the dan bin button which takes them to Dan escrow checkout,

Is this 5% the same as importing a lead or no ??

Thanks You

•••
Sure it’s be answered here before so apologies in advance.

What is the commission rate on sales that happen via the Efty/ Dan intergration?

They visit my Efty Landry and click the dan bin button which takes them to Dan escrow checkout,

Is this 5% the same as importing a lead or no ??

Thanks You
5%

•••
On Twitter, when linking to a domain name for sale on DAN, the image that used in the twitter card is generated from the DAN domain for sale page background image. This ends up not looking very good on Twitter.

"Domain Name For Sale | DAN.COM I found a great domain name for sale. Check it out!"

Maybe it would be a better to use the sellers profile picture for the Twitter image? Or have a setting in the DAN seller options for a preferred image to use for social media sharing?

Any thoughts?
Thanks @DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk
Good morning @Maxxo,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have made sure to write out the feature request and will relay it to our product team this morning. We appreciate the suggestion.

Have a great week ahead.

•••
Suggestion:
Please mention in the settings that without passport & utility bill verification - a seller can sell up to a certain amount, and if they want they can send documents through the settings before the seller actually sells a domain and then you ask for it and hold the payout until the verification is done.

Last edited:
•••
Suggestion:
Please mention in the settings that without passport & utility bill verification - a seller can sell up to a certain amount, and if they want they can send documents through the settings before the seller actually sells a domain and then you ask for it and hold the payout until the verification is done.

Ouch, this sucks and becomes a little like Flippa before they went downhill.

What's the threshold ?

Edit* - I've had a look all over the place, couldn't find where to upload ID in the settings. Personally I sold in five figures at Dan so far and they never asked for an ID or utility bill so ... are you sure?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Dear @davidc1,

The rule has been there for quite some years already. The only difference I have to mention is that your statement that a buyer can change his mind within those 14 days is wrong. We have already secured the funds and will not refund it. We simply state that when you have a domain transfer and a token is communicated to a buyer directly we will not pay out until the domain is moved to the account. Without this procedure, you as a seller can change the transfer token after receiving the funds which is a high-security risk.

We do understand that you do not want to wait too long for your funds to arrive which is why we have set the boundary at 14 days after which we will move the domain to our own registrar and proceed with the payout.

Best regards,

I have a buyer that purchased and paid for a domain (.shop extension) last week. But sofar he hasn't completed the transfer of the domain. Even though two reminders have been sent.

On the website nothing is mentioned about a situation like this. I guess it doesn't happen too often. :)

So I'm wondering if the above quote from Lazlo (which is pretty much the only related info I could find) is still correct? Meaning if the buyer doesn't reply in 14 days, Dan will transfer the domain to their own registrar and pay out the funds to my account.

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM hopefully, you are working on the appropriate look and feel of a Landing Page that targets the German market, too

Last edited:
•••
So pissed with Dan. @LaszloSchenk this is not fair. Sold a domain since Friday and I haven't received my payment.

Contacted you and all you could say is I should stop sending multiple messages and that the day has not ended yet.

The day has ended still nothing. Unfair, so unfair

•••
So pissed with Dan. @LaszloSchenk this is not fair. Sold a domain since Friday and I haven't received my payment.

Contacted you and all you could say is I should stop sending multiple messages and that the day has not ended yet.

they don't work weekends
therefore delay possible

I hate it too,
but I don't want up their commission either

•••
they don't work weekends
therefore delay possible

I hate it too,
but I don't want up their commission either
No. I have domainer friend that made a sale today and got paid today.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••

Last edited:
•••

Dear Samuel12,

Thank you for contacting us and sorry to hear this.

We actually do work during weekends and provide both chat support and escrow support. We do incur delays when sellers send dozens of messages asking for the same payout. We strive for the fastest service possible and sending dozens of messages asking for payouts only swamps our inbox. Each new message you send ensures you are relisted at the back of our queue causing the response time to your inquiries to become much longer. It, therefore, is best to wait for a response instead and you will see that support is granted much faster. A second downside is that multiple inquiries require multiple account managers to attend to the same issues. Due to this both you and other clients will have to wait longer before getting a response.

When it comes to your transaction, the domain was delivered to us on a Friday evening at 22:40. As you can imagine, we tend to be closed by that time. For the past years, we have offered support during weekends but payouts only have been processed on business days. Due to this, you have not received your payout on both Saturday and Sunday. It could require up to one business day on average before payouts are processed. Meaning, it will come through this morning latest.

Best regards,

•••
Suggestion:

@LaszloSchenk could you please let us know what's this all about?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back