Domain Empire

Consolidated SuperSales - Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

At which of the Domain.com resellers do you have an account?

usernamex

Top Member
Impact
While recovering from the past weekend of scattered deals and in anticipation of the next SuperSale, I am weary of having several threads related to the SuperSales at Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster.

Since the promos often work at more than one reseller, I would love to have a single thread to watch and participate in, if you agree, hang out here and watch this thread!

All NPers are welcome to post coupons and promos here as long as they are Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster. That way we all have a better chance at awesome savings as soon as the promos are live!

The usernamex Guide to SuperSales

SuperSales are promotions done by the family of registrars under Domain.com, including MyDomain.com NetFirms.com Dotster.com

About every 10 days to two weeks, one or more of these registrars runs what I like to call SuperSales - with dot COM / NET domain registrations for bargain prices, $1.99 - $2.99 - $3.99. Sometimes the specials are good for multi-year registrations, sometimes only the first year is discounted.

The super fun part is they let you use coupons ON TOP of the promo, so there have been specials as low as $1.39, $1.59 is more common, and $1.99 is still great any time!

If you are new, the best choice is usually MyDomain, since their renewals are second best (to Domain) and I have not seen the $1.99 special ever offered at Domain direct

A great way to get an account set up is NOT during the frenzy of the SuperSales, and a trick you can use without having to contact support is to buy the easiest to type/remember cheapest domain you can, like whatever ngTLD is on sale for $1.99, that will be your username. You can drop the domain after a year and your account will be fine. Otherwise get on chat and they can set you up ahead of time without having to make a purchase.

To make it easy for everyone, if you can BOLD any coupon codes, that would be super, and if you tested coupons successfully, please mention the reseller where you tested.

Shameless Plug - Support usernamex with these affiliate links:
https://www.mydomain.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839948
https://www.netfirms.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839949

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You have to be logged in for transfer coupons to work

I was logged in at Dotster.

Did not work.

Does this only work at Domain/com.

Don't have an account there.

•••
Domain was the only one I didn't have before, then in anticipation of the end of year sales, I finally set up there. It's the best choice anyway because renewals are cheapest if it ever comes to that.
http://www.domain.com/affiliate/gettingstarted.bml?AffID=858296

I just always go where the coupon and promo is best : smile :

From Best (Lowest Cost) to Worst (Highest Cost) renewals it goes Domain >> MyDomain >> NetFirms >> Dotster
So if the promo works at Domain, then use that which applies today

•••
Domain was the only one I didn't have before, then in anticipation of the end of year sales, I finally set up there. It's the best choice anyway because renewals are cheapest if it ever comes to that.
http://www.domain.com/affiliate/gettingstarted.bml?AffID=858296

I just always go where the coupon and promo is best : smile :

From Best (Lowest Cost) to Worst (Highest Cost) renewals it goes Domain >> MyDomain >> NetFirms >> Dotster
So if the promo works at Domain, then use that which applies today

So it works at Domain/com if you are logged in or if you create an account when you transfer domains in?

•••
All this applies to me setting up at Domain.com

First I created the account because I wanted to personally test the account setup without purchase/affiliate trick, which worked beautifully. Most important to me was being able to pick my username since if you do it while making a purchase it uses that domain as your permanent username and that's just annoying. So I would recommend to anyone to always do it this way, then you'll never have a funky or difficult username.

Then when I saw the new coupon, since I had already set up the account, I just logged in and tested the coupon for new regs and transfers.

Last edited:
•••
I was logged in at Dotster.

Did not work.

Does this only work at Domain/com.

Don't have an account there.

domain.com is their main house site so to speak. like brother. and rest is sisters.
I think its the oldest of them all containing the most users/domains regged there.
you can doble check on stats if you want and call them or search online.. but I'm pretty sure this is true.. its also probably why domain.com rarely gives 2$ reg/transf promos... while sisters are more genberous.. looking for more clients.. maybe to catchup with domain.com.. level things up etc.. who knows..

not to mention domain.com is ultra high value domain... compared to which dotster.com is .. well.. not much :) but thta's besides the point.. we're not here to talk about domain values lol
its just fun to do.

anyway.. yeah.. you gotta get account there to use some coupons.. though often they work all across...

once you open domain.com account you can also consolidate all domains and push them free there.. from dotster or all other places. they do that no prob.
in fact I just tested this on phone with a dude this morning. moved one to try it out
may move more later. needs a ticket. not instant to do... i think they'll only do like 5 on phone.. if u wanna move 100. need open ticket.

save yourself some hassle when you ask for it, and make sure you tell the rep to change RSP after the move.. else u get error when u click nameserver tab. .and its like your domain is not there! :) i had to wait 15 mins with guy on phone til he figured it out with tech team lol

gl

Last edited:
•••
then you'll never have a funky or difficult username

Yeah, this happened to me at Dotster.

I hate having a domain name as my user name.

•••
•••
How can you open an account at Domain/com without buying a domain or signing up for an affiliate account?

Is there a way to just setup an account like you can at other registrars?

•••
You don't ever have to use the affiliate account - especially if you set it to Hosting Credit. If you never give out your code to anyone, you'll never be bothered by it.

•••

yep.. we don't really gotta know what it means. they know it.
u just tell them to change it
say "change RSP por favor" and they take from there.
don't say it and you'll be seeingg your newly moved domain in domain.com panel, but it'll technically still reside on doster. :)

the way to test move was good is click NAMESERVER tab.
if u see red error its no good.
else its ok.

Last edited:
•••
You don't ever have to use the affiliate account - especially if you set it to Hosting Credit. If you never give out your code to anyone, you'll never be bothered by it.

So the only way to setup an account without buying a domain is to setup an affiliate account?

Is this a special account or is it just like a regular account?

•••
Registry Service Provider (“RSP”)

•••
It's just a normal account, and you can share the code IF you want to refer your friends and get comission. I like free money, so I was going to do the affiliate anyway, and wish I had known sooner for the sister companies

•••
I am there now and they want me to pick and pay for a hosting package.

So I should just click the affiliate link at the top and create an account that way?

•••
•••
•••
I am reading the Affiliate agreement and it looks complicated.

Maybe it will be easier just buying a domain to open an account.

•••
Yeah but then you'll be stuck with that name as your username

•••
OK Everyone - counting down - coupon expires at 11:59PM Dec 31 Pacific (07:59 UTC) so for everyone doing transfers, ya got ~16 hours from now to get them started.

30% minimum $60 BIGBANG is the best coupon we've seen for the past couple months. I did a bunch of transfers at 25% around Thanksgiving/BF/CM because I wasn't sure how long it would be until there would be another good coupon that would work for transfers, this one is good!

Best place for today's deal - http://www.domain.com/affiliate/gettingstarted.bml?AffID=858296

•••
If you sign up for an affiliate account at Domain/com how long before you are sent your login info?

Can you use your account right away?

•••
When I did mine, I logged in right away, no email, no wait, good to go. Likely since you are choosing your own username and password - just be sure to remember them : grin :

•••
How do transfers work when transferring to Domain/com.

Just transferred a bunch and there is no indication at all anywhere that the process is moving.

Already submitted bulk auth codes.

When I look in Domain Central it still asks for the auth code.

Seems like nothing is happening.

Does anybody know how this works at Domain/com?

•••
@Cdomains - Did you pay yet? Or just enter all Auth Codes? It is a multi step process.

STEP ONE - submit Name (space) AuthCode in the Bulk box. Then they get verified to make sure the Auth Code is correct and there is no lock, you'll get an error right away if that happens so you can fix, usually I either type/copied Auth Code wrong OR I forgot to take lock off.

At this point you will see them the list "Pending Domain Names", here's a screenshot:
Kh8EoTK.png

STEP TWO is "Verify Domain Credit"
Once you have all your domains loaded in, use the CHECKBOXES on the LEFT and "Verify Domain Credit" That will take you to the Shopping Cart and you can enter your Coupon Code and pay. You can pay with a different method than whatever you have on file.

STEP THREE - Apply the Paid Credit
After you pay, go back to the "Pending Domain Names" list, use the checkboxes again and again submit "Verify Domain Credit" This time, it will Verify that you already paid, and the names will appear on the list of "Current Domain Names" Once you see them there, the transfer process is initiated.

"Pending Owner Approval" - they are sending you approval emails. When you receive them, you will go to a verification page and have to enter the Auth Code again. I keep all mine in a text file or spreadsheet so I have them handy to enter.

"Pending Registry Approval" - they are waiting for the losing registrar to approve the transfer. If you are transferring away from GD or NameSilo or anyplace that has fast/force approve, you can do this at the losing registrar to speed things up. Otherwise, sit and wait!

Once complete it will show - "Completed - Managed by (RSP Name Here)"

*Special Note* - if you are using a coupon with a minimum you MUST do all you intend to transfer in ONE transaction, or else the coupon will not work. They are sticklers for meeting the minimum so if it is $60 and you only have $59.99 total, it will not work. Also if you meet the minimum and pay, and later you try and add something you forgot, it will not work, OR you will have to meet the minimum again. The coupons DO have a maximum savings of $300 per coupon, so if you hit that it will stop for THAT coupon, for that account.

Last edited:
•••
New Coupon - New Years Day ONLY

RESOLUTIONS 35%

Kick off 2017 with a brand new website! Save 35% on new products and services on MyDomain.com with coupon code RESOLUTIONS. Sale ends tonight at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. Exclusions apply.

1701-2017x01a-dot.png

Last edited:
•••
wow quite amazing
let's see if it works on netfirms and others..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back