IT.COM

Consolidated SuperSales - Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

At which of the Domain.com resellers do you have an account?

usernamex

Top Member
Impact
While recovering from the past weekend of scattered deals and in anticipation of the next SuperSale, I am weary of having several threads related to the SuperSales at Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster.

Since the promos often work at more than one reseller, I would love to have a single thread to watch and participate in, if you agree, hang out here and watch this thread!

All NPers are welcome to post coupons and promos here as long as they are Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster. That way we all have a better chance at awesome savings as soon as the promos are live!

The usernamex Guide to SuperSales

SuperSales are promotions done by the family of registrars under Domain.com, including MyDomain.com NetFirms.com Dotster.com

About every 10 days to two weeks, one or more of these registrars runs what I like to call SuperSales - with dot COM / NET domain registrations for bargain prices, $1.99 - $2.99 - $3.99. Sometimes the specials are good for multi-year registrations, sometimes only the first year is discounted.

The super fun part is they let you use coupons ON TOP of the promo, so there have been specials as low as $1.39, $1.59 is more common, and $1.99 is still great any time!

If you are new, the best choice is usually MyDomain, since their renewals are second best (to Domain) and I have not seen the $1.99 special ever offered at Domain direct

A great way to get an account set up is NOT during the frenzy of the SuperSales, and a trick you can use without having to contact support is to buy the easiest to type/remember cheapest domain you can, like whatever ngTLD is on sale for $1.99, that will be your username. You can drop the domain after a year and your account will be fine. Otherwise get on chat and they can set you up ahead of time without having to make a purchase.

To make it easy for everyone, if you can BOLD any coupon codes, that would be super, and if you tested coupons successfully, please mention the reseller where you tested.

Shameless Plug - Support usernamex with these affiliate links:
https://www.mydomain.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839948
https://www.netfirms.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839949

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My guess is with @kaposzta - if you look back to the last $3.99 promo, there was a very short $5.99 promo a few days prior, as if they were live testing before the big promo. Also, it has been the pattern that all promos overlap with a coupon. Everyone can check for promo codes daily, they post promo codes at 13:00 UTC SHARP if they are going to post, I check on facebook rather than wait for promo emails - https://www.facebook.com/mydomain

$5.99 promo April 21 lasted less than 6 hours https://www.namepros.com/posts/6110509/ Then there was a $3.99 promo on Apr 24, 2017 that also worked for transfers at NetFirms only and the promo lasted less than a day. That day (Apr 24th) there was also a new coupon that worked on top of the promo

Now I am collecting all my Auth Codes in a spreadsheet to be ready in case this will actually happen in the next few days. Especially for dot NET since they weren't working at NetFirms for some reason last time.

Maybe (hopefully) this will happen - Magic Conch - Please bring us another transfer Promo! : grin :

•••
New coupon I've just received. Save up to 25% on new domain names, web hosting, G Suite, and more! Sale ends June 8, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. Exclusions apply.

SUPER20 - 20% off spend $30
SUPER25 - 25% off spend $50

4f43116d-8a7a-4a96-9017-b5e6c78a10cf

Good luck to you,

Last edited:
•••
OK everyone keep watch for a promo : fingers crossed :

@daica85 - my emails from MyDomain and Dotster show June 8th expiry - what sibling was your notice from? They have goofed dates before
*LIMITED TIME OFFER. SUPER20 and SUPER25 coupons end June 8, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.

•••
Ah I also think it will be on June 8th. It's just a typo mistake, between the text and the image :)

•••
Different codes for Domain.com, keep in mind domain.com doesn't do the promos if they end up having one

*LIMITED TIME OFFER. CHEER20 and CHEER25 coupons end June 8, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.
CHEER20 20% off $30 or more in a single order.
CHEER25
25% off $50 or more in a single order.

PS - If you have transfers and can wait a day or so, see if they happen to run the promo and then check at NetFirms, even without codes it would be a better deal

PPS @daica85 you can edit two posts up to fix the date : smile :

•••
•••
I wanted to renew a domain at Dotster, and the renewal price is $18. I immediately started the transfer to Uniregistry for $8.88 :)

•••
@kaposzta - silly goose, don't renew, transfer between siblings with the discount : wink : That's why the 25% coupons are decent - makes it $6.22 for COM, or the rare bigger coupons 30% which seems to have been the maximum for the past year or so. Even better if you catch the flash sale at NetFirms, yet that is a fluke, only happened once since the promos slowed down.

Here's how: https://www.namepros.com/posts/6116504/

•••
@kaposzta - silly goose, don't renew, transfer between siblings with the discount : wink : That's why the 25% coupons are decent - makes it $6.22 for COM, or the rare bigger coupons 30% which seems to have been the maximum for the past year or so. Even better if you catch the flash sale at NetFirms, yet that is a fluke, only happened once since the promos slowed down.

Thank you, I'll try this next time :)

•••

Whelp... I did not know this... Will use it right away

•••
Any .net transfer deals now?

•••
NET transfer is $9.25 at MyDomain, so if you have SIX to transfer, you can get that down to $6.94 with the 25% [$50 Minimum] coupon
[6] * $9.25 = $55.55 * 0.75 = $41.63/6 = $6.94 each

Of course you can mix and match extensions for transfers too. Just for fun, below is COM ORG INFO BIZ US [all still $8.29] ME 9.99 NET 9.25 CO 29.99 IO 49.99
Was able to test adding fake domain transfers to cart one at a time by using the back button, then testing coupon, all while NOT logged in.

ss-np-myd-transfer-prices-25percent-06-07-2017.png

•••
I let a .com domain expire at Netfirms and the renewal is $13.99. Has anyone been able to use a coupon code to transfer between siblings after domain has expired or is it even possible to transfer at all.

•••
@korganian - Totally, I even did one on purpose at expired day 39 yesterday just to test the limits. The domain must be unlocked and not have privacy, and get the Auth Code. I knew the trick BEFORE expiry, so there may be something different if it has already expired and you didn't get Auth and unlock before.

If all that is good follow the steps in this post: https://www.namepros.com/posts/6116504/

Lemme know if there's a problem getting Auth/unlocking after it's already expired.

•••
NET transfer is $9.25 at MyDomain, so if you have SIX to transfer, you can get that down to $6.94 with the 25% [$50 Minimum] coupon
[6] * $9.25 = $55.55 * 0.75 = $41.63/6 = $6.94 each

Of course you can mix and match extensions for transfers too. Just for fun, below is COM ORG INFO BIZ US [all still $8.29] ME 9.99 NET 9.25 CO 29.99 IO 49.99
Was able to test adding fake domain transfers to cart one at a time by using the back button, then testing coupon, all while NOT logged in.

ss-np-myd-transfer-prices-25percent-06-07-2017.png
I just wanted to have only 2 at the moment.. Is there any coupon?

•••
18COOL works at MyDomain, just tested with single dot NET, makes it $7.58, better than nothing?

Also go back thru the last few pages of this thread and look for any other coupons that do NOT have an expiration. 18COOL may be the best though

domain.com - you can test other siblings, this is less discount though AND you may have already used these codes
Coupon Applied: SOCIAL: Save 15% on entire order (exclusions apply)
Coupon Applied: 15SALE: Save 15% on your entire order (exclusions apply)

•••
@usernamex I'm probably looking to transfer ~15 or so domains.. which one of the sibling registrars is the best bet (by best, I mean the cheapest :D)

•••
@anantj - it used to be Domain/MyDomain/NetFirms/Dotster in that order, because of the renewal costs. However, that was all before we learned about transfer between siblings. So, in theory, now it doesn't really matter.

These transfer prices I checked today 7 June 2017 at MyDomain, these are extensions I get asked about most often, and this is before coupons
COM ORG BIZ INFO US - $8.29
NET - $9.25 ME - $9.99 CO - $29.99 IO - $49.99 TV - $29.99

Pretty much 25% coupon is my goal - COM transfer is then $6.22, current coupons good another 28 hours - coupons end June 8, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.
CHEER25 25% off $50 or more in a single order - domain.com ; SUPER25 25% off $50 or more in a single order - MyDomain ; May work at other, these were all I tested

IF you have time to wait and hope for another transfer $3.99 deal (which is a big maybe) that of course would be better, that is NetFirms ONLY and it's technically a glitch, so no guarantees they won't eventually fix it.

The way I look at it is my best price elsewhere is $8.10 so $6.22 saves me $1.88 per domain, I'll take that discount all day long

•••
@anantj - it used to be Domain/MyDomain/NetFirms/Dotster in that order, because of the renewal costs. However, that was all before we learned about transfer between siblings. So, in theory, now it doesn't really matter.
Actually, it does. Domain.com transfer price is $8.89 $8.29 & netfirms is $9.99. So even after coupon application, there is price difference in the actual transfer costs...

Last edited:
•••
Even though the transfer between siblings is now available, I still stick to Domain and MyDomain over NetFirms and especially Dotster, just in case I have some forgotten emergency renewal that can't be transferred.

The original basis for this logic was based on the RENEWAL prices for dot COM:
edit - MyDomain now $12.99 so check until I have time to redo this, moot if doing transfers
Domain.com..........$11.49 MyDomain.com.....$11.99 NetFirms.com........$13.49 Dotster.com...........$17.49

Here's the TRANSFER pricing I get when actually adding to cart at Domain.com
ss-np-domain-dot-com-transfer-prices-06-11-20171.png

MyDomain I posted a messy pic a few posts up, wil fix later
https://www.namepros.com/posts/6192041/

Last edited:
•••
@anantj - are you actually adding them to your cart and seeing the prices or just basing that on text, graphics or the price list? The transfer prices I get when added to cart are different than what you are getting.

Corrected my post. Apologies for the error in typing. I was in a hurry when I was posting this. I see 8.29 for domain.com as well. I'm basing this on actually adding to card prior to applying the coupon. I might be mistaken about the exact number for Netfirms too but I'm certain it is in the 9.xx range (at least a dollar over domain.com).

Agree with you on using the renewal price as one of the determining factors when selecting the sibling registrar

•••
Gosh while waiting for the next DomFam coupon, I may have to travel to the swiss ALP(names) for a $5.99 COM TRANSFER special - https://www.namepros.com/threads/1024292/

Post comments/questions there, not here, this post is breaking the thread rules, I will have to bribe the OP not to report me : grin :

•••
Mediocre coupon - OK if you have a deadline and your domains are not dot COM. If time is not a factor, wait for a 25% without minimums

Save 15% on the 15th! Use coupon code FIFTEENOFF on MyDomain.com. Sale ends June 16, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. Exclusions apply.

•••
Save 25% without any limit. works for transfers.

Code: DETECTIVE

Coupon and offer ends June 19, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. DETECTIVE coupon is good for 25% off new products and services with no minimum purchase.

•••
DETECTIVE can be use for new registrations, transfers and renewals also - 25% off. I've check for my domains at MyDomains

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back