IT.COM

Consolidated SuperSales - Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

At which of the Domain.com resellers do you have an account?

usernamex

Top Member
Impact
While recovering from the past weekend of scattered deals and in anticipation of the next SuperSale, I am weary of having several threads related to the SuperSales at Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster.

Since the promos often work at more than one reseller, I would love to have a single thread to watch and participate in, if you agree, hang out here and watch this thread!

All NPers are welcome to post coupons and promos here as long as they are Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster. That way we all have a better chance at awesome savings as soon as the promos are live!

The usernamex Guide to SuperSales

SuperSales are promotions done by the family of registrars under Domain.com, including MyDomain.com NetFirms.com Dotster.com

About every 10 days to two weeks, one or more of these registrars runs what I like to call SuperSales - with dot COM / NET domain registrations for bargain prices, $1.99 - $2.99 - $3.99. Sometimes the specials are good for multi-year registrations, sometimes only the first year is discounted.

The super fun part is they let you use coupons ON TOP of the promo, so there have been specials as low as $1.39, $1.59 is more common, and $1.99 is still great any time!

If you are new, the best choice is usually MyDomain, since their renewals are second best (to Domain) and I have not seen the $1.99 special ever offered at Domain direct

A great way to get an account set up is NOT during the frenzy of the SuperSales, and a trick you can use without having to contact support is to buy the easiest to type/remember cheapest domain you can, like whatever ngTLD is on sale for $1.99, that will be your username. You can drop the domain after a year and your account will be fine. Otherwise get on chat and they can set you up ahead of time without having to make a purchase.

To make it easy for everyone, if you can BOLD any coupon codes, that would be super, and if you tested coupons successfully, please mention the reseller where you tested.

Shameless Plug - Support usernamex with these affiliate links:
https://www.mydomain.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839948
https://www.netfirms.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839949

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
any coupon to get .com or .net for 0.99 or 1.99$ ?

•••
Any coupons for privacy? I have names coming up with privacy renewal and Dotster wants to charge $10.99 per name just for privacy!

If no coupons, does anyone know how to disable this renewal for privacy? I can't seem to find any options to stop it from charging me. It looks to be automatic.

•••
They will cancel privacy renewal on request, I sent a ticket and they cancelled it within an hour. Lately, I have been sending tickets instead of getting on chat, especially for things that are not super urgent, it saves a bunch of time and they have handled them all pretty fast.

Login to your account first, then replace with the sibling you need
https://www.netfirms.com/controlpanel/sconsole/new_ticket.bml
>>>>>
Subject: Please CANCEL privacy for domain xxxxxx.com

Please CANCEL privacy for domain xxxxxx.com, it is scheduled to be billed on 6/22/2017

PAYMENT NO.: xxxxxxxxx
ITEM: Domain Privacy
AMOUNT DUE: 12.99
DATE DUE: 6/22/2017

Thank you and have a super day : smile :
<<<<<

There was a phone number also in the email, I have not ever called any of them
You may cancel at any time by calling customer support at 866-317-4678.

PS I had already DISABLED privacy for the domain, if that makes any difference, Enable/Disable and privacy renewal are two separate things though.

Last edited:
•••
25% coupon STARS - valid for the entire weekend

*LIMITED TIME OFFER. STARS coupon ends May 29, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. STARS coupon is good for 25% off all new products and services with no minimum purchase. Maximum savings with the discount is $300. All renewals on products and services after the initial discounted period will be charged at the then current standard list price for the selected period. Coupon is not valid with sunrise registrations, landrush registrations, EAP registrations, pre-registrations, premium registrations, renewals, transfers, custom website design, other coupons, or special pricing.

•••

*LIMITED TIME OFFER. STARS coupon ends May 29, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. STARS coupon is good for 25% off all new products and services with no minimum purchase. Maximum savings with the discount is $300. All renewals on products and services after the initial discounted period will be charged at the then current standard list price for the selected period. Coupon is not valid with sunrise registrations, landrush registrations, EAP registrations, pre-registrations, premium registrations, renewals, transfers, custom website design, other coupons, or special pricing.
STARS is working good for new registrations, transfers and renewals at Netfirms and Mydomain. I've just tested.
Big discount guys

•••
any coupon to get .com or .net for 0.99 or 1.99$ ?

those are not promotions coupon. they either are there.. or not there. and lately, they are not there.

They will cancel privacy renewal on request, I sent a ticket and they cancelled it within an hour. Lately, I have been sending tickets instead of getting on chat, especially for things that are not super urgent, it saves a bunch of time and they have handled them all pretty fast.

Login to your account first, then replace with the sibling you need
https://www.netfirms.com/controlpanel/sconsole/new_ticket.bml
>>>>>
Subject: Please CANCEL privacy for domain xxxxxx.com

Please CANCEL privacy for domain xxxxxx.com, it is scheduled to be billed on 6/22/2017

Thank you and have a super day : smile :
<<<<<

There was a phone number also in the email, I have not ever called any of them
You may cancel at any time by calling customer support at 866-317-4678.

PS I had already DISABLED privacy for the domain, if that makes any difference, Enable/Disable and privacy renewal are two separate things though.

i must be missing something here.. sorry. but why are you guys concerned about privacy renewals when you can just cancel domain renewal autorenew period.. .and this takes care of dn renewal+ privacy.. that's what I too on all domains.. autorenew off.. and I never worry bout automated anything.. sorry if misunderstood yer problems.
cheers

Last edited:
•••
those are promotions coupon. they either are there.. or not there. and lately, they are not there.

i must be missing something here.. sorry. but why are you guys concerned about privacy renewals when you can just cancel domain renewal autorenew period.. .and this takes care of dn renewal+ privacy.. that's what I too on all domains.. autorenew off.. and I never worry bout automated anything.. sorry if misunderstood yer problems.
cheers

I got an email from Dotster saying my privacy option will be automatically charged on the date of expiration. The domains are not auto-renew but apparently the privacy is and there is no way to turn it off. You must cancel it (not turn it off) from my understanding. Considering they want to charge me $10.99 for privacy I obviously opted to cancel.

•••
I got an email from Dotster saying my privacy option will be automatically charged on the date of expiration. The domains are not auto-renew but apparently the privacy is and there is no way to turn it off. You must cancel it (not turn it off) from my understanding. Considering they want to charge me $10.99 for privacy I obviously opted to cancel.

Man you are scaring the shit outta me :(

Did you opt for privacy option in the first place ?

•••
Did you opt for privacy option in the first place ?

In my case YES, I used a free privacy promo coupon in July 2016 just to see how it worked.

ETA: They sent the reminder email 5/23/2017 for the payment they planned to take 6/22/2017, so a full month of warning time. My ticket request to cancel was handled in ten minutes.

We hope you're enjoying online success and are pleased
with the service you've received from Netfirms.

A payment for your "xxxxxxxxx" account is due on 6/22/2017.

Your "xxxxxxxxx" account is scheduled to renew on
7/7/2017. To ensure uninterrupted service for your website and
email, your account will automatically be billed on 6/22/2017 for
the amount specified below. Please refer to the invoice below for payment
information.

All plans and products automatically renew unless you cancel.
The renewal will be for the same term length at the regular rates
reflected below. The payment method that we have on file will be
used for renewals, unless you change it or cancel. You may cancel
at any time by calling customer support at 866-317-4678.

To avoid billing difficulties and service interruptions, please take this
opportunity to log in and review your billing information currently on file at:
http://www.netfirms.com/secureControl/EditCCInfo.bml

If you have questions about your account, services, or your billing,
please call us at anytime.

Best wishes,
The Netfirms Team

Netfirms Invoice
Netfirms, 10 Corporate Dr., Burlington, MA 01803

User's name: xxxxxxxxx
Billing name: xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx

DATE: 1//1900

Please Note:

- This invoice constitutes a payment notice for the
product/service mentioned above only. Other payments or services
are invoiced separately. Information on all products and
services for your account, as well as payment receipt
information, is also available at:
http://www.netfirms.com/controlpanel/BillingCentral/billingSnapshot.bml

- Customers located in the European Union may be required
to pay VAT. If you are located within the E.U., and have
not already done so, please complete the "Account Use
Information" form located in your Control Panel.
http://www.netfirms.com/secureControl/UpdateVATInfo.bml

=========================================================================
Terms of Service: http://www.netfirms.com/legal
Privacy Policy: https://www.netfirms.com/legal/legal_privacy.bml
Cancellation Policy: https://www.netfirms.com/legal/legal_useragreement.bml#cancel-policy
Support: https://www.netfirms.com/support/
Contact Us: https://www.netfirms.com/support/contact.bml

2332inv(12.13.10)

Last edited:
•••

hmmm that doesn't make sense to me
I did notice privacy is on by defauly when I click renew.
but please don't tell me they charge you privacy automatically for a domain which you do not renew, do not set to autorenew.. and let expire lol

that'd be beyond bad. :)

•••
hmmm that doesn't make sense to me
I did notice privacy is on by defauly when I click renew.
but please don't tell me they charge you privacy automatically for a domain which you do not renew, do not set to autorenew.. and let expire lol

that'd be beyond bad. :)

I'm not taking any chances without some great coupon discount which we don't seem to have at the moment. Lol.

Here is one of the emails:

All plans and products automatically renew unless you cancel.

The renewal will be for the same term length at the regular rates

reflected below. The payment method that we have on file will be

used for renewals, unless you change it or cancel. You may cancel

at any time by calling customer support at 800-401-5250.

Last edited:
•••
Reposting this Helpful Hint of the Day:

To add further protection from unwanted charges, I have a placeholder credit card at all the domfam - Domain/MyDomain/NetFirms/Dotster. My card on file is a $5 balance gift card, so when I make a purchase I enter another card. THEN after I am done making purchases, the new card is on file and I change it back to the placeholder card. It does NOT allow you to leave no funding source. And I'm sure I used paypal in the past and I have that removed as well.
https://www.mydomain.com/secureControl/EditCCInfo.bml?ref=cpdropdown

PS These links work if you replace domain / netfirms / dotster for mydomain

ALSO - a few members have successfully left ONLY their paypal info on file with the understanding that paypal is easy to dispute and almost always finds in favor of the buyer, in case of unwanted charges. Personally, I like my placeholder method better, if you can obtain a gift card that can be used like this.

•••

To add further protection from unwanted charges, I have a placeholder credit card at all the domfam - Domain/MyDomain/NetFirms/Dotster. My card on file is a $5 balance gift card, so when I make a purchase I enter another card. THEN after I am done making purchases, the new card is on file and I change it back to the placeholder card. It does NOT allow you to leave no funding source. And I'm sure I used paypal in the past and I have that removed as well.

ALSO - a few members have successfully left ONLY their paypal info on file with the understanding that paypal is easy to dispute and almost always finds in favor of the buyer, in case of unwanted charges. Personally, I like my placeholder method better, if you can obtain a gift card that can be used like this.

Good idea. For the times when I cannot find a coupon here for what I need I could try a Visa gift card perhaps?

•••

On the topic of PP, so they setup an automatic charge setup. From your paypal account, you can disable this automatic charging so that even if they have your paypal, they cannot charge automatically

•••
STARS 25% promo extended one more day - working at MyDomain, Netfirms and Dotster - good for about 13 more hours from time of this post

*LIMITED TIME OFFER. STARS coupon ends May 30, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.

thanks @luantt and @daica85

STARS is working good for new registrations, transfers and renewals at Netfirms and Mydomain. I've just tested.
Big discount guys

•••
STARS 25% promo extended one more day - working at MyDomain, Netfirms and Dotster - good for about 13 more hours from time of this post

*LIMITED TIME OFFER. STARS coupon ends May 30, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.

thanks @luantt and @daica85

Just tried this on Domain.com right now and it's not working. It is supposed to work as I received an e-mail specifically from domain.com (it was working over the weekend). There's still time to 11:59PM PST but it appears they have turned off the coupon early

•••
Just tried this on Domain.com right now and it's not working. It is supposed to work as I received an e-mail specifically from domain.com (it was working over the weekend). There's still time to 11:59PM PST but it appears they have turned off the coupon early

Apparently, the bonus day is only for new registrations and not for transfers... Sucks that they changed the T&C

•••
Apparently, the bonus day is only for new registrations and not for transfers... Sucks that they changed the T&C
At the 30 last mins of STARS, I still transfered my domain to domain.com with only $6.22. You just not the lucky guy buddy.
Anyway, it's expired now. Hope next time would be a better deal - maybe 30 -35% off or .com/.net $1.99 deal

•••
At the 30 last mins of STARS, I still transfered my domain to domain.com with only $6.22. You just not the lucky guy buddy.
Anyway, it's expired now. Hope next time would be a better deal - maybe 30 -35% off or .com/.net $1.99 deal

What? That sucks... I even reached out to support and they said it is not for transfers. Hm. I wonder if there were limits?
Anyway, too late and yes, hopefully we get a good deal soon... Have lots to transfer

•••
What? That sucks... I even reached out to support and they said it is not for transfers. Hm. I wonder if there were limits?
Anyway, too late and yes, hopefully we get a good deal soon... Have lots to transfer
Yes, It was a limit for the code:

And forget it, don't be upset, your good luck will come with the next code :xf.wink:

•••
MyDomain, Dotster and Netfirms are all offering .COM and .NET for only $5.99/1st year
Unlimited domains, price for 1st year. Plus with 18% off code 18cool .COM/.NET are at $4.91/year only.

Transfer available at Netfirms but price will be at $5.99, 18cool not working at this provider

•••
dang... didn't even have time to put one in cart and its over! so say.. 1 hour long.. just about

better luck next time

p.s. so is 18cool dead now for transferS?
anything at all working?

•••
•••
dang... didn't even have time to put one in cart and its over! so say.. 1 hour long.. just about

better luck next time

p.s. so is 18cool dead now for transferS?
anything at all working?

At least there was a promo, which is a good sign. I think they'll come back with (a) longer promo(s) soon... And maybe we'll feel the same "domain registering fatigue" what we felt last year when these promos were so frequent it was frustrating :D

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back