Domain Empire

.mobi Companies.mobi at Sedo $3,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Jeff, admit it, you love this attention...everyone in the .mobi forum hanging on your every word. You've been waiting for this day for many months now, come on, admit it :)

•••
garrett200 said:
Well, the fact that we need clarification says something.

I think the problem you guys are having is not necessarily with this particular post by Jeff, but by the TOTALITY of his postings as a whole.

I would agree with that. Some people have reached their "breaking point", it seems with his type of accusatory skepticism.

•••
•••
Reece said:
I would agree with that. Some people have reached their "breaking point", it seems with his type of accusatory skepticism.

I edited that post to include the fact that I am new here, and don't have the privilege of being exposed to his posts before the beginning of April.

That may be a factor in me coming to his defense on this, because I'm pretty much looking at it with fresh eyes.

That being said, I still don't think this, by itself, comes even close to being slander.

•••
vikrantjain22 said:
Jeff said:
In the plural, I don't think it's worth nearly that amount, in my view .... and with one only one bid, one must consider the possibility that it may be more of this "funny business" with .MOBI's using the Sedo auction systyem, IMHO. :blink:

Who's selling it at this time? :gl:
Thanks.
-Jeff B-)

The Seller is Hennie (Hangol), the same guy who sold Stocks.Mobi and Girls.Mobi for $ 119,000. If you ever do business with him, you will not find a better person to deal with.

Lets not character assasinate somebody just because there is a nice bid to one of his names without knowing the reality. This guy has one of the strongest portfolios around and he is not a guy who would put a shill bid to sell his domains.

Lets be more careful with our comments.

I certainly agree with you vikrantjain22 !

UAE.MOBI | FREEZE.MOBI | SWEEPSTAKES.MOBI | INSURE.MOBI LIQUIDATION.MOBI | BLOGGING.MOBI | TUBE.MOBI | SILICONVALLEY.MOBI |EREADER.MOBI | JOURNEYPLANNER.MOBI| UPLOADING.MOBI

Last edited:
•••
scandiman said:
Jeff, admit it, you love this attention...everyone in the .mobi forum hanging on your every word. You've been waiting for this day for many months now, come on, admit it :)

^ That's just crazy talk! :bah:

Okie ... get your popcorns and Dr. Peppers™ ... here is, once again, my completely unedited post #4 (at Today, 06:34 AM - which is approx. 20 hours after the OP's initial post (again, the OP is not at all related to the Sedo auction whatsoever ... and posted here for info and comment and opinion in the general .MOBI DISCUSSION Forum)! There was never any rush to find and post in this thread or rush to judgement, no intent to harm anyone or hurt feelings, and, please check my posts, 6:34 AM E.S.T. is very possibly THE earliest I have ever posted on the Namepros™ site, as well). :gl:

Jeff said:
In the plural, I don't think it's worth nearly that amount, in my view .... and with one only one bid, one must consider the possibility that it may be more of this "funny business" with .MOBI's using the Sedo auction systyem, IMHO. :blink:

Who's selling it at this time? :gl:
Thanks.
-Jeff B-)

First, I start out by stating, again here in the general .MOBI Discussion Forum (where often appraisals are provided (many by me)), that the domain name, in the plural may not be worth nearly that amount, in my view. I had no idea who was auctioning the domain name at the time - I just knew it wasn't the OP's ("Not mine, but just found out").

Next, I stated ... "and with only one bid, one must consider the possibility that it may be more of this "funny business" with .MOBI's using the Sedo auction systyem, IMHO." There WAS only one bid at the time of my post, and since we're in the Discussion Forum ... it is, in fact, very possible, given the recent history with Sedo auctions, that there may be some "funny business" again going on there, IMHO. There have been several posts/threads of late discussing how .MOBI auctions (and other extensions, as well) bids have not ended up in sales - and Sedo seems to do nothing about it (there is a whole other thread devoted to this topic), as well. So, it is entirely a possibility that one should, and I would argue, must consider IMHO.

With respect to "Who's selling it at this time?", I addressed that above ... I had no idea who was auctioning the domain name at the time. I OFTEN ask who the Buyer's and/or Seller's are, sometimes people know and sometimes they don't. Had a bona-fide COMPANY been Sedo auctioning COMPANIES.mobi, now that might be news ... wouldn't you think? And, perhaps positive news for the .MOBI, as well as worth discussing further!

Thanks for listening, and for your patience (butter and kernels all over the keyboard now)! :p
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff, with all due respect, it's entirely 'possible' the sun will not rise tomorrow too! The interpetation of 'possible' is not the underlying issue at hand with all, and the subsequent postings. And your slow explanatory postings, really just reverberates to the issue at hand, in a round about way! IMOHO. (in my observatorial honest opinion)

•••
Jeff said:
^ That's just crazy talk! :bah:

Okie ... get your popcorns and Dr. Peppers™ ... here is, once again, my completely unedited post #4 (at Today, 06:34 AM - which is approx. 20 hours after the OP's initial post (again, the OP is not at all related to the Sedo auction whatsoever ... and posted here for info and comment and opinion in the general .MOBI DISCUSSION Forum)! There was never any rush to find and post in this thread or rush to judgement, no intent to harm anyone or hurt feelings, and, please check my posts, 6:34 AM E.S.T. is very possibly THE earliest I have ever posted on the Namepros™ site, as well). :gl:

First, I start out by stating, again here in the general .MOBI Discussion Forum (where often appraisals are provided (many by me)), that the domain name, in the plural may not be worth nearly that amount, in my view. I had no idea who was auctioning the domain name at the time - I just knew it wasn't the OP's ("Not mine, but just found out").

Next, I stated ... "and with only one bid, one must consider the possibility that it may be more of this "funny business" with .MOBI's using the Sedo auction systyem, IMHO." There WAS only one bid at the time of my post, and since we're in the Discussion Forum ... it is, in fact, very possible, given the recent history with Sedo auctions, that there may be some "funny business" again going on there, IMHO. There have been several posts/threads of late discussing how .MOBI auctions (and other extensions, as well) bids have not ended up in sales - and Sedo seems to do nothing about it (there is a whole other thread devoted to this topic), as well. So, it is entirely a possibility that one should, and I would argue, must consider IMHO.

With respect to "Who's selling it at this time?", I addressed that above ... I had no idea who was auctioning the domain name at the time. I OFTEN ask who the Buyer's and/or Seller's are, sometimes people know and sometimes they don't. Had a bona-fide COMPANY been Sedo auctioning COMPANIES.mobi, now that might be news ... wouldn't you think? And, perhaps positive news for the .MOBI, as well as worth discussing further!

Thanks for listening, and for your patience (butter and kernels all over the keyboard now)! :p
-Jeff B-)

Well said Jeff. IMO, this whole thing boiled up as much as it did, in part because you were away. People thought you were purposely avoiding the thread, looking for trouble, etc when all they needed was a clarification, much like the one you just provided.

I figured your actual opinion was much the same as what you explained above... Also, I think if you would have included the part about .mobi not being the only extension with "funny business", rather than saying it's been happening lately in .mobi, you probably would have gotten flamed alot less.

Now that this is all over and done with, let's go back to being a big happy family of .mobi owners ;)

•••
hawkeye said:
Jeff, with all due respect, it's entirely 'possible' the sun will not rise tomorrow too! The interpetation of 'possible' is not the underlying issue at hand with all, and the subsequent postings. And your slow explanatory postings, really just reverberates to the issue at hand, in a round about way! IMOHO. (in my observatorial honest opinion)

Hawkeye,

In other words, if it quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Bottom line - Jeff should apologize, be more careful, understand that he's under scrutiny for the TOTALITY of his posts, and we can all move on... that is, of course, unless one of the domain name holders who has been accused of fraudulent behavior doesn't ring in with their special take on this.

Jeremy

•••
Reece said:
Now that this is all over and done with, let's go back to being a big happy family of .mobi owners ;)

Agreed, thanks Reece (and for all of those who have kindly posted and PM'd)! :talk: :hearts:

See you soon.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
Agreed, thanks Reece (and for all of those who have kindly posted and PM'd)! :talk: :hearts:

See you soon.
-Jeff B-)

And this marks the first time I've ever seen someone play the victim role after accusing others of fraudulent behavior...

Today was about the totality of the posts.

:snaphappy:

Last edited:
•••
Glad this thread is over because I think I had too much "popcorns and Dr. Peppers"

•••
Hi Guys,

Thanks all for your support. I was off on a conference for a few days so I couldn't react quicker.
The auction has now ended. Personally I think that the negative comments of one poster here will not have had any real influence, especially since that is more than compensated by all the prositive reactions from the others.

Thanks all for that and let's just forget the rest :)

•••
•••
Righto, Congrats on the completion of the auction. Please keep us posted with respect to the Sedo process ... escrow, successful receipt of funds, and final transfer of the domain to the buyer! :music: :talk:

Thanks and all the best.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
Righto, Congrats on the completion of the auction. Please keep us posted with respect to the Sedo process ... escrow, successful receipt of funds, and final transfer of the domain to the buyer! :music: :talk:

Thanks and all the best.
-Jeff B-)

good grief. please tell me this is sarcasm.........

•••
Jeff's Sig said:
PS. What happened to .MOBI?!?! :guilty:

I dont know Jeff. Why don't you explain to us all? :lol:

•••
think said:
He forgot the DNA sample. :lol:

•••
scandiman said:
He forgot the DNA sample. :lol:

Somebody call for a cavity search?

•••
think said:
Somebody call for a cavity search?
rubber.jpg

•••
•••
it isn't ....right on think

•••
Jeff said:

Thanks and all the best.
-Jeff B-)

This must have been an automated bot.

•••
That picture was taken today! Somebody's eager.

•••
:lol:

Good stuff, see you p.m.
-Jeff B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back