NameSilo

.mobi Companies.mobi at Sedo $3,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Jeff said:
I am? :| I don't see the connection ...
So it's either you're crazy, or I am. :yell:

•••
post bait...definately post bait.

Hit the ignore button -- it's like taking an aspirin IMHO :alien:

•••
#1 - Jeff is not participating in this thread as Staff

#2 - It shouldn't matter if he is or isn't (Staff Members are still members and entitled to their opinions) .... In fact - I intend to Start voicing my opinions a bit more around here very soon (You won't like them all - I can assure you).

#3 - Even the "Seller" states
Personally I think that the negative comments of one poster here will not have had any real influence, especially since that is more than compensated by all the prositive reactions from the others.

I personally Don't see a negative comment toward the seller or buyer - But more toward the "Venue" it was sold at if anything - Anyone that hasn't had a negative experience there has not been doing this stuff long enough.
The opinion over the value of the domain mentioned - We are all entitled to state our opinions on that as well.

#4 - Once again , This was posted in a Discussion section .... There should always be viewpoints from both sides of the fence IMO.
Anyone that only wants to hear "positive" things all of the time should go speak to themselves in a mirror where it is safe.

I and the other staff have done our best to keep those who signed up here just to Trash .mobi (with no reasoning at all) out. For the most part - Those accounts were all the same person and once I actually had a verified Name and Address on this guy (He was not a current member before the .mobi release dates) , I told him I'd out him to you guys if he didnt stay away - And he has.

We've cleaned up threads where things got too heated - and even issued some stern warnings.

NamePros has been more than helpful to .mobi users and investors IMO (Do you see a .mobi section on any of the other major boards ?).

BUT :
he puts himself and you at risk
????? How - By questioning a sale at SEDO ??? Sorry , I don't see it. I stopped using SEDO several years back because of the fake offers etc ...

Please note - I did not say the "possibility" of fake offers - They WERE fake offers and there will continue to be fake offers there on any or all extensions until they screen the buyers by making them fill out a verifiable application BEFORE participating (And even then , Shilling will continue).

There Were No slanderous remarks made ... and even if there was - It's Kind of hard to slander people when you don't even know who they were/are at the time ....

Censoring out Differing opinions in Discussion threads isn't a solution to anything IMO - Proving the extension will Live long and Prosper might be though.
To date : I've not read or seen anything to change my original opinion of the extension ...
Does that mean much to anyone that does believe in the extension ? Probably not.
Could I and many others be wrong ? Yes we could .... We all have been wrong in the past and will be again in the future.
Do I value the Right to voice my opinions among Discussion threads ? YEP

•••
Mark,

I very respectfully disagree with your assessment of the impact.

With that said, this is a discussion board where disagreements are certainly fair game... and we both agree on that.

If you ever have the opportunity, take a look at the totality of the Jeff's posts over the last few months. You'll see why the tipping point was reached by many in this .mobi sub-community.

Sincerely,
Jeremy

•••
Mark said:
#1 - Jeff is not participating in this thread as Staff

#2 - It shouldn't matter if he is or isn't (Staff Members are still members and entitled to their opinions) .... In fact - I intend to Start voicing my opinions a bit more around here very soon (You won't like them all - I can assure you).

#3 - Even the "Seller" states

I personally Don't see a negative comment toward the seller or buyer - But more toward the "Venue" it was sold at if anything - Anyone that hasn't had a negative experience there has not been doing this stuff long enough.
The opinion over the value of the domain mentioned - We are all entitled to state our opinions on that as well.

#4 - Once again , This was posted in a Discussion section .... There should always be viewpoints from both sides of the fence IMO.
Anyone that only wants to hear "positive" things all of the time should go speak to themselves in a mirror where it is safe.

I and the other staff have done our best to keep those who signed up here just to Trash .mobi (with no reasoning at all) out. For the most part - Those accounts were all the same person and once I actually had a verified Name and Address on this guy (He was not a current member before the .mobi release dates) , I told him I'd out him to you guys if he didnt stay away - And he has.

We've cleaned up threads where things got too heated - and even issued some stern warnings.

NamePros has been more than helpful to .mobi users and investors IMO (Do you see a .mobi section on any of the other major boards ?).

BUT : ????? How - By questioning a sale at SEDO ??? Sorry , I don't see it. I stopped using SEDO several years back because of the fake offers etc ...

Please note - I did not say the "possibility" of fake offers - They WERE fake offers and there will continue to be fake offers there on any or all extensions until they screen the buyers by making them fill out a verifiable application BEFORE participating (And even then , Shilling will continue).

There Were No slanderous remarks made ... and even if there was - It's Kind of hard to slander people when you don't even know who they were/are at the time ....

Censoring out Differing opinions in Discussion threads isn't a solution to anything IMO - Proving the extension will Live long and Prosper might be though.
To date : I've not read or seen anything to change my original opinion of the extension ...
Does that mean much to anyone that does believe in the extension ? Probably not.
Could I and many others be wrong ? Yes we could .... We all have been wrong in the past and will be again in the future.
Do I value the Right to voice my opinions among Discussion threads ? YEP

Well said Mr Mark, bravo :imho: :wave:

•••
I and the other staff have done our best to keep those who signed up here just to Trash .mobi (with no reasoning at all) out.
then you clearly haven't read jeff's posts or some others that i won't name

i have, ...for the last 6 month's ..... and you can draw no other conclusion than that the guy dislikes/hates the extension ... but rather than just get the heck out of the group, which is what you would _think_ he'd want to do....

he has to stick around and mount a 1 man disinformation campaign to discredit the extension ...not with arguments that address critical issues

but with a steady drumbeat of innuendo and rumor, things are never quite right to jeff, there's always something going on behind the scenes with mobi that threatens to bring the whole thing down

to state at the beginning of a thread ...absent any evidence, that a bid may be a shill bid is to state nothing, not a gd thing, it's a non-statement

why the f#@k doesn't he start a thread in the main board called "what's up with sedo ?" and get it off his chest ...that i could deal with

no he wants to do it one sly post at a time ...

no, you are wrong mark, you don't get this thing, it's going right over your head

•••
Thread Marathon Over

We will all draw our own conclusions and move on...

•••
It's not over my head .....

Obviously - You guys can't read :

It's called a Discussion thread ................ Get over it !

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back