NameSilo

.info .com , .info or .net whch oneis better ..?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
hi

I want to launch a new site . I am just confused with domain registration. so can anyone suggest me which one I should go for

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
.com ... and then .net and then .info..

•••
If your building a website that will you will be a brand in the future, I would suggest to register all the top level domain names including .com, .net. org. and .info
But if you want the most trusted extension, go for .com. If dot com is not available then use for the .net or .org extension.

Good Luck

•••
hi

I want to launch a new site . I am just confused with domain registration. so can anyone suggest me which one I should go for

What kind of website are you launching? :gl:

Regards,
Jeff B-)

•••
**Evil Grinz**

.info for the win! ;).....but I'm a big time supporter of the extension but I feel for a professional site .com would be the choice but don't be so quick to dismiss .info as it ranks and does very well also. Extensions now days are getting less and less important as the .com space is very crowded and people are looking for alternatives.

So anyway let the mud throwing begin ;) hehe.....I just love being the 1 in the crowd rooting for the underdog ;)

Cheers

Blake A. Worthington

•••
So anyway let the mud throwing begin ;) hehe.....I just love being the 1 in the crowd rooting for the underdog ;)

The .INFO could be good for a "Geo" niche type of site, but it's not generally among my favorites due to its length and overall lackluster demand/desirability/usage by End users; but, again, a lot depends here on what type of website is being launched, IMHO. :gl:

Just my two sense,
Jeff B-)

•••
**Evil Grinz**

.info for the win! ;).....but I'm a big time supporter of the extension but I feel for a professional site .com would be the choice but don't be so quick to dismiss .info as it ranks and does very well also. Extensions now days are getting less and less important as the .com space is very crowded and people are looking for alternatives.

Cheers

Blake A. Worthington

Blake, could you give examples of high ranking .info sites. I always thought was that a .info was an automatic points down in the same way that .gov sites get boosts. (Those .99 cents deals make them a spam haven.)

The only big site I know of that scores high is blackfriday.info

•••
I would range them
COM
NET
ccTLD domain names
then INFO

•••
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=spain&meta=&rlz= 2nd

'austria' austria.info 2nd & 3rd (wikipedia.org 1st)
'solvenia' solvenia.info 2nd
'peru' peru.info 3rd
'germany' germany.info 5th

Larger to smaller places

'vienna' wein.info 3rd
'cotswolds' cotswolds.info 3rd
'plympton' plympton.info 3rd & 4th
'frant' frant.info 3rd

Information sites

'coursework' coursework.info 2nd
'research information' researchinformation.info 1st

Google returns 1580,000,000 .info pages it thinks are worth indexing

•••
**Evil Grinz**

Cheers

Blake A. Worthington

I do agree with usualcliche. Of course some extensions are more suitable for certain type of websites than others but for informational websites .info is the perfect extension.

We started a website on info domain and it has performed so well so now it is our main project.

Of course if you planning to start ecommerce site then .info extension is not the best choice and you should try to get .com.

So if you could let us know what type of website you are planning to star then you could get better advice.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back