NameSilo

.Com $4.50, till further notice!

Labeled as debate in General Domain Discussion, started by mAd MaX, Mar 12, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. mAd MaX

mAd MaX Established Member

Hi All,

We domainers demand reduction of .Com price to be reduced across all registrar with immediate effect.

Global market is in turmoil, all investments have been halved. Central authorities every where taking initiatives to check further decline and bring market confidence back.

Registrar must do so. We domainers won't be able to sustain ourselves at current registration price anymore.

If you feel Registrar should reduce domain registration and transfer price significantly, pls Like/Comment/Share.

Thanks
    mAx

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

if endusers stop buying names, not even your suggested price reduction will save us.

3. NickB

NickB Aka MrAcidic VIP Gold Account

If people can't afford the $2 - $4 difference per name then either drop them for people who can afford it, stop registering names for while, stop buying names for a while or find something else to do......

4. Intelliname

Intelliname Upgraded Member Gold Account

This is a highly unusual demand and proposed solution in the face of the short term fear that is being created, and in many cases intentionally compounded and further sensationalized by media outlets who are getting massive rating and advertising bumps. The challenges we face are real, the need to keep a calm mind critical, but no one's interests are served by this type of reflection or expectation of entitlement.

Just to understand: you are demanding that the registrars slash their prices, and not only reduce the razor-thin margins they already operate on, but cut deeply into their capacity to ensure they can support their own staff members and future outlooks? That same passion - for slightly adjusted motivations - to keep Verisign for one from further elevating .com prices would be a great outlet! Here though - projecting world collapse as the reason why registrars should further enhance their losses doesn't help anyone. In fact it just contributes more fear to an already concerned general public. Domainers are known for their resiliency, for their courage, their outlook, their innovation, and their optimism. Good values to hold in your own expectation for yourself and others. You are stronger than you think!

I've never met a registrar that doesn't cherish their customer base, and do everything that they can to innovate and improve the overall experience for domain buyers. But to call for actively hamstringing them because of your perception the world is on fire and never will recover?

I hope that we wouldn't look at everything this way. You already have a culture of youth demanding vocally to cancel everything. For all of the products in this world that have actively gouged customers to maximize their self gain and benefit - domain names are seldom classified as one of them. I would pray and encourage you to hold great expectations for the future, anticipate markets to recover (as financial groups utilize global trauma to cover losses and over speculation as part of their refresh strategies), and that basic course corrections ultimately will make us stronger.

You certainly don't want to look back and reflect on how we each individually either built others up, or added to the chaos of the moment, and discover you were on the wrong side of it. Our choices impact others, and I would choose to love one another and expect the absolute best than succumb to the creation of more fear.

I would recommend reflection on the poem "If" by Rudyard Kipling.

"If you can keep your head... when all about you are losing theirs...."

Have a beautiful day! Your are loved, never alone, can choose to cast all fear and anxiety away as it will not serve you, and rest in the knowledge that everything for you will unquestionably work out in the end.

5. timestamp

timestamp Established Member

More namepros domain comics!
    Just like this, but more! Way more!
    We need to revive that section and mad max is on good track.

6. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

of course its all humor. but it doesn't mean we cant have a bit of humourous chat about it.

7. mAd MaX

Domain registrants don't deal with Verisign so we ask Registrars. They should ask Verisign.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  8. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Registers make more money if you can't pay your renewals, then they can auction off your names for added profit, rather than the 30 cents they make on renewals.

Versign is working hard to raise renewals, not decrease them. One minute they were sending domainers lists of unregistered domains, the next minute they are calling them squatters, they are not anyone's friend.

9. BrandCollectors.com

BrandCollectors.com Established Member

just bought a com for $7.99 :( .

10. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Dynadot has a $5.99 registration special for .com

11. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

misleading title,

and i dont agree with this

put them out business further! Markets down

12. cipcip

cipcip Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The prices are fine just the way they are.

13. Ryan217

Ryan217 Established Member

I give it less than a 0% chance of that happening.

14. BrandCollectors.com

it was frash drop so $5.99 unable :/

15. Samer

you ask for too much

$7.85 wholesale, im surprised 5.99 at all 😮

16. jideofor

jideofor Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

hahahahaa... this is the funniest thing I have read on namepros in a long while lol.

17. BrandCollectors.com

$3.9 on porkbun for 5 domains per account I,ve bought two coms the third is showing $8

18. Samer

limit 5 tho so it balances out Dyna 5.99 no limit

my point is, anything under 7.85 loss to reg

19. BrandCollectors.com

even oil prices are down and Russian ruble is down as well..
    Hello Verisign!

20. Furquah

Furquah Brand Ambassador INDIA Epik.com Staff VIP

Yes but only backdrop of Porkbun is they are yet to support Afternic fast transfer and Sedo MLS. I think it's must future for a domainer as after all we register name to sell.

21. mAd MaX

Weren't you complaining about .Inc registration price?

22. NickB

No

Edit...
    Don't think I have ever posted about .inc

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  23. mAd MaX

It's not about paying capacity, it's about paying the right price which is high considering recent market meltdown.

We are not an island.

24. NickB

Said my piece, we have different opinions on this......

25. YairDD

YairDD Top Contributor VIP

What the f*ck are you on about lmao

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice