Dynadot

debate .Com $4.50, till further notice!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mAd MaX

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi All,

We domainers demand reduction of .Com price to be reduced across all registrar with immediate effect.

Global market is in turmoil, all investments have been halved. Central authorities every where taking initiatives to check further decline and bring market confidence back.

Registrar must do so. We domainers won't be able to sustain ourselves at current registration price anymore.

If you feel Registrar should reduce domain registration and transfer price significantly, pls Like/Comment/Share.

Thanks
mAx

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Said my piece, we have different opinions on this......
Certainly we do.

Unnecessary personal attack on my capacity was undesirable. You don't know mine neither do I of yours.

•••
Certainly we do.

Unnecessary personal attack on my capacity was undesirable. You don't know mine neither do I of yours.
What a douche you are...

^^^personal attack example^^^

My previous comments where not personal attacks...learn to read....

•••
What a douche you are...

^^^personal attack example^^^

My previous comments where not personal attacks...learn to read....
If people can't afford the $2 - $4 difference per name then either drop them for people who can afford it, stop registering names for while, stop buying names for a while or find something else to do......

👆 Wasn't personal attack?! You MoronKing 😏

•••
👆 Wasn't personal attack?! You MoronKing 😏
I do not time for this crap.....look up the definition of "personal attack"

"Making of an abusive remark on or relating to one's person"

Nowhere in my post do I mention you or anybody else by name, thus it is not a personal attack just my opinion on what people can do if they don't like current prices....

You decided to take it personally for some reason......

•••
•••
We domainers won't be able to sustain ourselves at current registration price anymore.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

•••
an apple would get more expensive before it is chump change. The company will try to reconcile its losses by raising prices then they will flood with low prices to cut losses. They dont cut prices first unless sales. :)

•••
You can already get a .COM for about $8.99 at places like NameSilo and NameBright

•••
Its depend on policy of registry when they want to determine suitable price for registrars, then registrar choose certain price for reseller or registrant. Another solution to cover reg, transfer or renewal fee that we could do now is build some passive income through our portfolio , never reg or renew worthless domain and focus on quality than porfolio quantity.

•••
You can already get a .COM for about $8.99 at places like NameSilo and NameBright

True as of currently but as said also-

"You certainly don't want to look back and reflect on how we each individually either built others up, or added to the chaos of the moment, and discover you were on the wrong side of it. Our choices impact others, and I would choose to love one another and expect the absolute best than succumb to the creation of more fear."

-Domain pricing use to vary drastically from 0.99 as 1-time promo, 2.99 for the bulk orders and also regular pricing was 4.95 at some good companies 5-10 years ago.

Thus altogether large investing input cost as with a terrific Intelliname portfolio drives pricing to end buyers and further at registrars as high profit parties are more involved. And with all that real SME businesses in need for acquisitions are delaying and all positiveness is turning frenzy.

Last edited:
•••
We domainers demand reduction of .Com price to be reduced across all registrar with immediate effect.

Global market is in turmoil, all investments have been halved. Central authorities every where taking initiatives to check further decline and bring market confidence back.

Registrar must do so. We domainers won't be able to sustain ourselves at current registration price anymore.

If you feel Registrar should reduce domain registration and transfer price significantly, pls Like/Comment/Share.

Thanks
mAx

I really think they should double the price of their domains and sell them through any of the reputable BOGO domainers:xf.wink: If it works for the "end user" it should work for the "middle man" too.

•••
•••
The wholesale cost to registrars is $7.85 per domain (as charged by Verisign, not counting any limited time registrar promotions) so I think that, even though well-intentioned, the OP message is aimed at wrong people. The registrars are already often losing money on each .com registration or renewal, or making almost nothing. Now Verisign, well yes, it is making a rather tidy profit (gross profit in 2018 is about 84% of revenue) on the wholesale as their annual statements show (see e.g. pg 37 of their most recent financial statement.)

Bob

•••
IMO .COM Should be $10-for life...

You Buy Once.. Yours For Life... Done.

"Renewals" time waste and cash waste every-time is bad for corporations and public IMO.

•••
•••
If you're really hard up for the extra $4 then I'm sure folks here would pass the hat...

•••
I clicked on the thread thinking there's special offers going on somewhere. Never knew it was yet another COVID-9 panic thread :xf.frown:

•••
IMO .COM Should be $10-for life..
Who knows how that could result on the business trending in convenient produce sectors especially, but for online marketing that would be a next age of .com-plus-rest bubble.
But as is/should be always with giving there is a condition, so number of "purchased" domains than should be somehow limited, as with EE national registrars during first decade of 2k' - allowed per registered company name, or as with sim card numbers allowed freely to purchase w/o limits from the state operators and also for resell to the end users publicly.

And that would provide assured value for now days average pricing of $800-900 per domain sale.

Last edited:
•••
pay with bitcoins - hahahahaha

•••
IMO .COM Should be $10-for life...

You Buy Once.. Yours For Life... Done.
There's a few obstacles to this idea:
1. Companies go out of business and don't need a domain anymore.
2. Business ideas come and go. Most ideas are never executed after buying the domain.
3. Domain owners die. The heirs don't know how to manage a domain, if they can even find the account.

•••
Easy way to get .com $ 4,5 or less available on Porkbun $ 3,9 or dynadot $ 5,99. Sometime godaddy also provide awesome promo on .com under $ 4,5. We could register and think about renewal in another time

•••
Go to @epik.......... Case Closed. Yay, you saved 25% by switching

•••
Meanwhile Verisign is laughing

Samer

Last edited:
•••
lol

Last edited:
•••
We must fight with Verisign to drop prices.Registrar must start the campaign and we are with them, Why should any Registrar loose. There must be something to do, VERISIGN SUCKING BLOOD.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back