IT.COM

域名|Chinese Perspective

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I believe only short and easy-to-remember domain names are sustainable, regardless of where in the world you live and which cultural background you come from.

Now that the Chinese domain market has become a hot topic, I myself want to understand this trend too. Is there any real meaning behind each domain name sold in China? Here, I'd like to share with you what I've found as I read the Chinese news everyday.

GZX.com
GZX can stand for 更自信 (even more self-confident) which can be used in many fields such as education, self-help, and even consumer products to raise your self image.

XLY.com
XLY can stand for 夏令营 (summer camp) or 新领域 (new field) which can be used in recreation and high-tech products.

New: Follow my blog posts on NamePros for updates.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks Kassey for your inspiring work here, at NPs.

Can I ask for your interpretation of the following:

2188i
88dlq
fwzhm
bcswc
wlyhb

I'm looking forward to your answer, in your blog.

•••
Hey Mr Lee I'd like to know what these mean
Ypme
Crv
Dgv
Thanks u ve been a real help

•••
I think Kassey Lee should monetize his precious knowledge somehow. I'm asking NP members who benefit from his researches to make it fair so that they could reward him in a way or another :)
Happy New Year

•••
•••
@andrew111 and @JUWON You folks are wonderful. Actually I have already received many benefits. Because of your support in this thread I started in Nov, I was given the opportunity to start a blog. I have received free help to improve my writing skills. Most of all, being appreciated is the best gift I have got. I'm sure one day you'll be able to help me. So, don't worry about the money thing.

Meanwhile, please keep questions coming, and try to limit your question to one domain name so that I can help more people. Also, if you don't get response from me, don't worry. I'll try to answer the questions in order, hopefully making more interesting blog posts to come. Thank you for your support, and Happy New Year from Middle Earth!

•••
@andrew111 and @JUWON You folks are wonderful. Actually I have already received many benefits. Because of your support in this thread I started in Nov, I was given the opportunity to start a blog. I have received free help to improve my writing skills. Most of all, being appreciated is the best gift I have got. I'm sure one day you'll be able to help me. So, don't worry about the money thing.

Meanwhile, please keep questions coming, and try to limit your question to one domain name so that I can help more people. Also, if you don't get response from me, don't worry. I'll try to answer the questions in order, hopefully making more interesting blog posts to come. Thank you for your support, and Happy New Year from Middle Earth!
Thanks a million.
I know Sh can represent shanghai
What would Gi mean.
Thanks

•••
•••
Hi @Kassey Lee ... Any meaning for pfss in Chinese?

Happy New Year :xf.cool:

•••
hi @Kassey Lee
i made these two word using a pinyin directory ..i forget the url ... got them in .cc as .com were registered .... :)
moufu
fuqiong

are these correct and and have meanings..??.... thanks

i searched and found moufu is also a Japanese word ...which means blanket ....and in Chinese it was related to fortune...i think...

•••
Hi Kassey just read your 8F8G piece- very interesting re "telecommunication" We own both these names 6GLTE.com and 7GLTE.com If you might have a comment please. Both were bought with the future in mind. Thank you and Happy New Year!

•••
•••
•••
•••
Thanks alot @Kassey Lee

so now I can keep 8F8G and expect a buyer

•••
eGeGu.com ( hopefully for a financial company to buy as an end user) comments? Thank you!

•••
•••
Hello Mr. Lee, what are your thoughts on the following, bj99.org and bj66.org ?

•••
•••
Please excuse me for the long delay in responding. I'm still try to find time between writing blog posts and answering questions. OK, let get on with it.

just got PB58.com the other day.
PB58:跑步58>Run 58
Running shoe products etc. I like it.

Any meaning to these
8 3 8 1 8 6 8
8 3 8 6 8 1 8
6 3 8 3 9 9 9 3
With long numbers, I usually don't bother with their meaning. I like 4N and less.

MC
Si
RS
KR
BO
PH
RS:人事>Personnel

bj99.org and bj66.org
BJ=Beijing
99:救救>Save
Some sort of emergency services in Beijing?

•••
Can I ask for your interpretation of the following:

2188i
88dlq
fwzhm
bcswc
wlyhb
Personally, I won't go 5L or more for Chinese acronym. Of course, you can somehow create a meaning, but I'm not sure if it is useful. For example: Google Translate gives:
bcswc:奔驰商务车>Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicles
It's acceptable, but is it useful? I don't know.

Hey Mr Lee I'd like to know what these mean
Ypme
Crv
Dgv
CRV:超人网>Superman net (where all the supermen mingle?)

What would Gi mean
GI is not a Pinyin word.
GI:给爱>Give love
The Pinyin for 爱 is AI, bu some folks also use I for 爱 too.

Any meaning for pfss in Chinese?
Google Translate:
pfss:皮肤色素>Skin pigmentation

made these two word using a pinyin directory ..i forget the url ... got them in .cc as .com were registered .... :)
moufu
fuqiong

are these correct and and have meanings..??.... thanks

i searched and found moufu is also a Japanese word ...which means blanket ....and in Chinese it was related to fortune...i think...

In Chinese
moufu:謀福>Seek blessing

In Japanese:
moufu:毛布(Japanese Kanji characters)>Blanket

•••
Thanks a lot for showing the Chinese perceptive about the domain names, its really helpful. I am trying to understand that why hg1816.com got sold in more than $ 1,000.

Could you please help us in understanding it?

•••
We own both these names
eGeGu.com ( hopefully for a financial company to buy as an end user) comments?
You are collecting a lot of names! All the best to your future return.

GeGu:个股=个人股>Individual stock

A retail site for smal stock investors, maybe?

Geiai.top
GeiAi:給愛>Give love

Typme.com what do u say
If "Typ" is a common term that will be good. However, I tried Baidu but did not find anything special about it. Still, I think as a commodity, even random 5L will have value.

do you see .Org becoming more common in Asia.
Yes, for non-profit entities. It'll take some time, imo. I like this extension because it has a distinctive identity.

so now I can keep 8F8G and expect a buyer
I like to keep 8F8G.com in my collection too if I can have it.

•••
You are collecting a lot of names! All the best to your future return.

GeGu:个股=个人股>Individual stock

A retail site for smal stock investors, maybe?

GeiAi:給愛>Give love

If "Typ" is a common term that will be good. However, I tried Baidu but did not find anything special about it. Still, I think as a commodity, even random 5L will have value.

Yes, for non-profit entities. It'll take some time, imo. I like this extension because it has a distinctive identity.

I like to keep 8F8G.com in my collection too if I can have it.
Thank you Kassey and yes re eGeGu.com for a stock trading company-we happen to have a small hedge fund so thats why it caught my eye. If you ever start brokering to China please drop me a note! Happy New Year!

•••
eGeGu.com for a stock trading company-
Yes, I like it because (1) it's 5L which itself has value over the long term, and (2) stock investment is big in China for retail customers. BTW, I made a mistake here.

GeGu:个股=个人股>Individual's stock

It actually does not mean individual stock but individual's stock (meaning personal investment not investment made by corporate structures), so it's good for targeting retail customers.

Happy New Year to you too, and thank you for the offer. I'll remember that and contact you should such opportunity turn up.

•••
Zhanshi.academy
Dashi.academy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back