Domain Empire

域名|Chinese Perspective

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I believe only short and easy-to-remember domain names are sustainable, regardless of where in the world you live and which cultural background you come from.

Now that the Chinese domain market has become a hot topic, I myself want to understand this trend too. Is there any real meaning behind each domain name sold in China? Here, I'd like to share with you what I've found as I read the Chinese news everyday.

GZX.com
GZX can stand for 更自信 (even more self-confident) which can be used in many fields such as education, self-help, and even consumer products to raise your self image.

XLY.com
XLY can stand for 夏令营 (summer camp) or 新领域 (new field) which can be used in recreation and high-tech products.

New: Follow my blog posts on NamePros for updates.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi @ChinaMobi

Can you help me on this 11 00 10 .com
I do some research it's a Shenhe postcode (but i dont now this district is big or not)

do 11 00 10 have a volume?

Thank you :)
If you really want to go the whole distance, here's the Chinese name.

110010:易易赢赢又赢>Easy easy, win win, and win again

But sometimes you don't have to have meaning for the whole number, as illustrated in my earlier example of branding 91160 by a Chinese medtech startup.

For example, in this case I can just brand the first 3 digits.

110:游游你>Travel travel you

010 is very easy to say and remember in Chinese.

So, I can just brand my travel service as 游游你 010.

•••
•••
•••
Erratic ?
For example:
4N org 12/20 highest BIN 999 12/21 25,000 currently 556
5N CC 12/19 295 12/20 3599 12/21 10,000 currently 139

I don't feel comfortable with such drastic changes. How useful is it to investors if the price fluctuation is so big?

•••
I could not find any meaning for KAGONG. Sorry.

00446688:你你世世乐乐发发>You are forever happy and wealthy.

Well, the translation is a bit overdone, I think. Better just say the domain name in Chinese and people will notice the pattern.

Well, the translation is a bit overdone, I think. Better just say the domain name in Chinese and people will notice the pattern.
Thank You,

Thank you.

•••
How about combinations of N and L.. Eg hg385 .COM does it have any value?

•••
How about combinations of N and L.. Eg hg385 .COM does it have any value?
HG:皇冠>Imperial crown
It is also a betting brand. I've seen this company buying up many domain names starting with HG + numbers, but I don't remember whether its HG 4N or something else.

•••
What chinese people think about xyz zone? Why all NNNN NNNNN in xyz sold now?

•••
Do not ever trust .XYZ numbers. It is very possible that the registry bought their own names, or "sold" them for free. They have done it before.

•••
ChinaMobi, what meaning do you see in these:

ezuo (first 2 letters mean Ehzou)

gake (first 2 Guang'an)

esui (first 2 Enshi)

zhae (first 2 Zhuhai)

Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
I've received quite a few e-mails with offers to buy pcqb.com, mostly from China, with amounts ranging from $500 to $1900 USD.

I'm not really a domainer. I picked up a couple 4L's during the first dotcom bubble pop and I've been holding on to them ever since. I'm not really sure what to do. I'd be willing to let it go for the right price, but I'm not sure what that number should be.

•••
I've received quite a few e-mails with offers to buy pcqb.com, mostly from China, with amounts ranging from $500 to $1900 USD.

I'm not really a domainer. I picked up a couple 4L's during the first dotcom bubble pop and I've been holding on to them ever since. I'm not really sure what to do. I'd be willing to let it go for the right price, but I'm not sure what that number should be.
You can look at GoDaddy auctions for an idea of what the price will be. Each character makes a difference and looking a pcqb, those are good solid letters. When you look at the auctions, compare your domains to the auctions that have similar letters (no vowels). This will give you an idea of the values.

•••
OK, here is a different question:

What conventions are helpful to create a favorable impression in pricing?

For example, are any of these more or less attractive (disregarding the dollar difference) :

$1000
$999
$998
$995
$988
$950

and what about $4999 - would it be better to go to $5000 to avoid the "4"?

•••
@Landov Too many to work on. I'll pick one and look at it.

ESUI

ES:恩施>Enshi City (small county in Hubei province, population 780k. 恩施 also means giving grace)
UI:友爱>Friendship

So, together they become 恩施友爱. Easy to pronounce. I like it. A local friendship club?

Actually, I didn't know this small county until you asked the question. Thanks.

•••
Thanks, Kassey Lee.

I asked to make an idea at what price Chinese geographical .top domains with meaning sell for. I have some of these.
esui.top was sold with 39 yuani according to benmi.com

•••
Thanks, Kassey Lee.

I asked to make an idea at what price Chinese geographical .top domains with meaning sell for. I have some of these.
esui.top was sold with 39 yuani according to benmi.com
esui.top
just so so

•••
Please confirm KFZ meaning. Does it mean: Conficious ?
KFZ stands for:看房子,孔夫子,开发者,客服组,康复者 and so on.
KFZ=看房子>See the house
KFZ=孔夫子>Confucius
KFZ=开发者>Developer
KFZ=客服组>Support groups
KFZ=康复者>the men were recovered(medical treatment)

kfz is a good domain

•••
scz.biz Sichuan

what do you think?

•••
Hi @Kassey Lee.. Does any of the below have any significance in Chinese? Thanks

Yuhv
Areh
Khio
Jros
Ifvr

•••
thank u for ur time wat about
gvl and sjv

•••
OK, here is a different question:

What conventions are helpful to create a favorable impression in pricing?

For example, are any of these more or less attractive (disregarding the dollar difference) :

$1000
$999
$998
$995
$988
$950

and what about $4999 - would it be better to go to $5000 to avoid the "4"?
I'll do a study and get back to you with some examples.

•••
KFZ stands for:看房子,孔夫子,开发者,客服组,康复者 and so on.
KFZ=看房子>See the house
KFZ=孔夫子>Confucius
KFZ=开发者>Developer
KFZ=客服组>Support groups
KFZ=康复者>the men were recovered(medical treatment)

kfz is a good domain
Excellent choices. My favorite one is [KFZ=看房子>See the house] because it's related to real estate and real estate is big business. I hope you can come by regularly to help us understand names better. Thank you. (好帖子。谢谢。)

•••
•••
•••
Hi @Kassey Lee.. Does any of the below have any significance in Chinese? Thanks

Yuhv
Areh
Khio
Jros
Ifvr
I generally do not prefer i, o, and v because they don't rhyme with many Chinese characters, thus reducing the chance to form a meaningful Chinese phrase. I tried, but could not find anything for your list.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back