NameSilo

Cheapest domain name registrar?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MatchStix

Account Closed
Impact
So far, the cheapest I know of is DomainsAreFree.Com which sells a top level domain for as low as USD$ 3.99

Can it be any cheaper than that?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
aplus.net had it 1 dollar for new customers. They told me there was no catch, but I don't believe them.

Other than that I doubt it can get any cheaper.

•••
OH, too low to believe them!

•••
I'd stick to GD even if you pay $5,19 for a new domain..atleast you know what you get! I also doubt anything below $3 is without a catch, there has to be one :)

•••
i've read some good testimonials for http://www.myvaluehost.com/ before. they offer $4 domains. but i don't think you'll be able to get anything for lower than that.

•••
I wouldn't go any lower then you need to honestly, because the lower you go the less features that registar will most likely have.

•••
I wouldnt go with domainsarefree
The best i would recommend is namecheap and godaddy

•••
domainsarefree = poor support

•••
Yaa thats right if you go below $5 marks there is always a risk factor involved.And more over the services offered also decreases.
I would rather stick to $5 mark.

•••
Who else thinks it's funny that at Domainsarefree.com, you either have to pay $3.99 for a domain alone, or pay $4.95 a month (about $60 a year) for hosting with a "free" domain. Doesn't seem like the domains are really free there. I'll stick with GoDaddy at $5.19.

•••
Netfirms are selling domains for USD 4.95...

Does GoDaddy's domains come with free hosting?

•••
MatchStix said:
Netfirms are selling domains for USD 4.95...

Does GoDaddy's domains come with free hosting?

No, you have to pay extra to use their hosting services. They will host a "For Sale" or "Coming Soon" page for you for free though. They also offer free url redirection.

•••
NamePros (right here :P) is cheap if you are a active member, you may only have to spend a few $ on np$ :D

•••
Namepros rocks
I am a damn active member and making $$$USD$$$ with my posting skills
I dont think its against rules to post and earn and sell

•••
I'd rather pay a bit more and deal with a reputable dealer... I don't buy names at domainsite for that very reason, I don't feel that saving a buck is worth having to try to deal with their support. Also, I prefer registerfly due to their good support and they have frequent sales so they have the prices of domainsite but with a lot more options.

•••
WuLabsWuTecH said:
I'd rather pay a bit more and deal with a reputable dealer... I don't buy names at domainsite for that very reason, I don't feel that saving a buck is worth having to try to deal with their support. Also, I prefer registerfly due to their good support and they have frequent sales so they have the prices of domainsite but with a lot more options.

I agree. Persoanlly, I like GoDaddy & NameSecure but for different reasons.

GoDaddy is easy to change the registrant & transfer to another account holder whereas NameSecure, you have to fax documentation for them to transfer to another account - it's not self served. But NameSecure is $7.95 a year, and has an easy to use interface & emails you monthly to remind you of the domains you have and when they expire (which I personally like).

When special deals are going, I'll flock to a specific dealer (e.g. the free .info craze back in Oct '04 some were offering) but ... choose wisely. As everyone has said, cheapest isn't always the best.

•••
I would say DomainSite because they have one of the lowest prices and good reliability and support ;)

•••
Humdizzy said:
aplus.net had it 1 dollar for new customers. They told me there was no catch, but I don't believe them.

Cant believe that.
Better go for godaddy, enom and of course NP! :tu:

•••
I don't use cheapest because cheapest means in most times limited purchases and not the best control panel.

So i would suggest Idotz.net as it has a simple Control Panel and Its only $8.75 per .Com
Its the best for me it might be for you aswell ;)

•••
NP and godaddy are the best :hearts:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back