IT.COM

Cheapest Domain Name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Cheapest Domain Name? (Registrar)

Well I really don't care THAT much for prices of domains, since what I look for is quality.
But just out of curiosity, what's the cheapest possible domain name you can get on the internet (except forums like NP)?
I do mean domains that includes most of the major TLD's, such as .com, .net, etc.

So... please post your thoughts :D Thx

I'll make the list of mentioned name as we go along

Yahoo!-$9.95/yr
Domain Speed - $7.75USD/yr
Resellers.co.in - .info - $2.20USD/yr
Dynonames - .info - $4.95/yr
NetFirms - $4.95/yr
Namecheap - .info - $2.88/yr
DomainSite - $6.95/yr
DynaDot - .com/.net $7.99/yr | .info $2.99/yr

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you people. Keep 'em coming for us newbies B-)

*updated*

(Yay page 2!)

•••
yeah i agree Domainsite is cheap and good.

•••
Though I've heard complaints about DomainSite's sloooow services? (Not sure, heard from others)

•••
don't forget 1 and 1. They offer some great domains for about 5.75$- Plus they offer free 1 Gb mailbox. I haven't found an offer like that yet anywhere.

•••
•••
:o thanks for telling me that! I won't add it to the list then

•••
Yahoo seems have very great price but never have a try!

•••
Yahoo's very untrustable. I put it on the list since it's one of those fairly LARGE companies. They're reliable but I dun think it's worth it

•••
If your ever looking for a reliable uk company for .co.uk etc then read the www.123-reg.co.uk reviews here on this forum. These guys who are now part of Pipex are basically number 1. Used them for 6 years and point to my co-located servers with my business and never have problems. Good support and transfering is easy. So is the control panel.

•••
tipsfromthetop said:
If your ever looking for a reliable uk company for .co.uk etc then read the www.123-reg.co.uk reviews here on this forum. These guys who are now part of Pipex are basically number 1. Used them for 6 years and point to my co-located servers with my business and never have problems. Good support and transfering is easy. So is the control panel.

What's the best deal from it?

•••
The deal is peace of mind!! i can tell you i would rather that than paying a $ less on a domain. Especially when buyng and selling domains. I want to know if i put in a transfer request they follow through with it, not like many registrants. Also you do not have to pay for parts of the control panel it is a totally free registar.

•••
tipsfromthetop said:
www.resellers.co.in do the .info for 2.20 usa dollars. I have had no problems with resellers very good actually.

seems like they use directi
not seems but, they are using that only

•••
But I thought Resellers do hidden fees with the most major TLD names? (Read somewhere, don't recall)

•••
•••
leviathon said:
But I thought Resellers do hidden fees with the most major TLD names? (Read somewhere, don't recall)
BS , Resellers do exactly like most registrars ,tell you all the fees upfront
FYI , Namepros Domains is a reseller ,do you think -RJ- Would rip people off.
Most registrars started out as resellers.
Yahoo
Registerfly
Namecheap
to name just a few
Unfounded prejudices like yours, having no basis in fact, is what gives resellers a bad name they do not deserve.
How many of your fellow NPer's can afford to be a registrar ,but most can /have become a reseller for a little or no money.
Do you even know the difference between a reseller and a registrar?

Last edited:
•••
Okay... thanks for the info. I am wrong, sorry 8-X

•••
yoshiwara said:
namecheap which has a good reputation has .info for $2.88
a good reputation in taking over domains instead of putting them into redemption period

•••
Another pointer: some folks buy domains and want their personal info private (blind service). There's few registars that offer it, but godaddy does (with DomainsbyProxy). If you're new to domain buying, and weary of spam and other internet junk, it's worth getting the blind service. It hides your personal info, but still keep within ICANN's rules. You can even get SSL certs handled that way too (which is all great if you're a single mom and don't need to invite kooks over for dinner).

And Godaddy is having a sale on domains bought with their blind service now. Peace of mind, especially when domains might sit for months before being bought (and you have to promote it to sell).

CKL

•••
•••
kraam said:
is 15 euros cheap?

For how long? 2 years? If so, no.

CKL

•••
•••
I think domainsite are good value, but i have heard some complaints about there services.

I havent heard any complaints about namecheap though...and judging by this rating:

http://www.registerindex.com/registerindex.php?detail=20

45 reviews and 4 stars...which is max.

$8.88 domains, using SAVE7993 coupon, brings it down to $7.99 for .coms..

One of the best registrars in the game at a very reasonable price, 24 hours a day...

P.S No, unfortunately im not a namecheap affiliate atm...
:p

•••
there are alot of cheap sites you just need to look forthem.

•••
kraam said:
there are alot of cheap sites you just need to look forthem.

Yes I think we figured.

Domain site's updated ;)

•••
rehash said:
a good reputation in taking over domains instead of putting them into redemption period
Really? Has it happened to you already? I have some domains at NameCheap and now I'm worried.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back