IT.COM

Cheapest Domain Name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Cheapest Domain Name? (Registrar)

Well I really don't care THAT much for prices of domains, since what I look for is quality.
But just out of curiosity, what's the cheapest possible domain name you can get on the internet (except forums like NP)?
I do mean domains that includes most of the major TLD's, such as .com, .net, etc.

So... please post your thoughts :D Thx

I'll make the list of mentioned name as we go along

Yahoo!-$9.95/yr
Domain Speed - $7.75USD/yr
Resellers.co.in - .info - $2.20USD/yr
Dynonames - .info - $4.95/yr
NetFirms - $4.95/yr
Namecheap - .info - $2.88/yr
DomainSite - $6.95/yr
DynaDot - .com/.net $7.99/yr | .info $2.99/yr

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well I guess reputation, service, speed and control panels are the most important to a domain registrar service, not the price. The few dollars difference are tiny, but the services may effect the whole thing, along with the next person who uses it

(Page 3)

•••
what is the latest updated rates for each company with domain pricing.

•••
godaddy @ $4.19 for coms, nets and orgs :)

•••
I like dynadot.com. I have bought all my domains from them. .com, and .net for $7.99 and .infos for $2.99. They may be a few cents more than some domain sites but the best thing is I can register a domain through paypal without credit card verification. And plus I can get my domain registered in under a minute. I dont like godaddy and their resellers because they take over 5 minutes to register. Once I registered through one of godaddy's resellers because it said they accepted Paypal. After 5 minutes of unchecking unnecesary options, making an account, giving my address and personal info, it said I needed to verify my Paypal payment with a credit card. That is the most time I wasted buying a domain.

•••
Indeed domain registration prices are not so important these days. You have to look at the support quality. When it comes to pricing, competition is so fierce that a time is coming when registrars will have to pay customers to register domains. Well, actually this is a fact when domains are sold below $6 per year.

•••
I shall add to my list. Thanks everyone it has been a while since the last post was posted.

•••
the link u guys provided is great.. i would better check it out..

•••
rehash said:
a good reputation in taking over domains instead of putting them into redemption period

what is this? the only reviews of namecheap have been positive. what are you referring to?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back