Dynadot

ccTLD Restrictions - Are they bypassable?

NameSilo
Watch

atinc

EntrepreneurTop Member
Impact
Some ccTLD domains are restricted and you can`t register if you are not citizen or resident in that country.

Are there any fellow domainers who are bypassing those restrictions and registering any ccTLD domains?

If so how? And is it a safe thing to do?

Looking for any good or bad experiences who went thru this already.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This was something I looked into a few months back when I was considering purchasing a .eu domain name, but didn't think it was worth the additional fees associated with this type of purchase. There are companies that provide this service but as each ccTLD has different rules of registration, it would depend on what ccTLD you were looking to register as well as your home country. But they in fact, act as a holding company for the your ccTLD of choice and are able to register these domains while complying with the rules of registration. There is obviously an additional cost associated with this type of service. As I said I never followed through so I can't speak of the service or reputation of this particular company, whose link I have placed below, and I am not endorsing or affiliated with them whatsoever, but here is simply just an example for you to gain more knowledge! Good Luck!
https://www.ascio.com/

•••
This was something I looked into a few months back when I was considering purchasing a .eu domain name, but didn't think it was worth the additional fees associated with this type of purchase. There are companies that provide this service but as each ccTLD has different rules of registration, it would depend on what ccTLD you were looking to register as well as your home country. But they in fact, act as a holding company for the your ccTLD of choice and are able to register these domains while complying with the rules of registration. There is obviously an additional cost associated with this type of service. As I said I never followed through so I can't speak of the service or reputation of this particular company, whose link I have placed below, and I am not endorsing or affiliated with them whatsoever, but here is simply just an example for you to gain more knowledge! Good Luck!
https://www.ascio.com/
Great source, thank you!

I wish they gave some insights about pricing of their services.

The reselling process might be a problem tho if the buyer is not into paying extra to own the domain.

Is there anyone who has experience with ascio.com ?

•••
You can incorporate locally if you want to buy a lot of domains. For just one domain and assuming you want to develop it (be the end user), a TM can be an option. Or find someone trustworthy willing to be the registered holder. Some registrars provide a trustee/local contact service.
There may be several ways to qualify, depending on the extension.

•••
•••
Back