IT.COM

ccTLD .ES Restrictions are lifted! / Landrush

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
.ES Restrictions are lifted!

With the lifting of .es restrictions on November 8, there could be a nice little mini rush for .es domains. As of that date, .ES domains will be available to register by anyone, for any purpose.

According to the story on dnjournal, and subsequent comments, there are still plenty of keywords available...

With the coupon code at eurodns, it brings the price of .es domains down to 14.40 euros.

Here are some quick factoids on .es and spanish internet trends..

Internet Usage Statistics:
16,129,731 Internet users as of Sept/2005, 37.1% of the population, according to Nielsen//NetRatings.

Latest Population Estimate:
43,435,136 population for 2005, according to world-gazetteer.

Growth

13.2 %
ITU

37.1 %
Nielsen Net//R

Any of you guys gonna register some .es goodness? :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Landrush of Spanish 2nd level .ES domains

It's about to begin!

In 7 hours and 10 minutes time the ESNIC registry for the Spanish ccTLD .ES will reopen and start accepting gradually registrations. :) This will mark the first liberalisation of a major ccTLD in Europe, excluding previous cases like Sweden, because Spain simply is much more of an overall key market, which has lots of growth potential, not to mention how widely spoken Spanish is outside Spain (however it's not relevant for this ccTLD, despite some domaining sources claim so boldly).

The English update on the schedule, hence some quite bad wording:

The corporate public entity Red.es announces the gradual beginning of the registration operations of domain names under “.es”, according to the rules established by the New Plan of Domain Names under the country code corresponding to Spain “.es”, passed by the Order ITC/1542/2005 (Official Journal of May 31, 2005) for next November 8, at 7:00 according to the following calendar:

* On November 8 it will be admitted applications of domain names under “.es” that begin with a number or any letter from “a” to “b” inclusively.
* On November 9 it will be admitted applications of domain names under “.es” that begin with a number or any letter from “a” to “e” inclusively, since 7 A.M. of such day.
* On November 10 it will be admitted applications of domain names under “.es” that begin with a number or any letter from “a” to “n” inclusively, since 7 A.M. of such day.
* On November 11 it will be admitted any domain name under “.es” according to the National Plan of Domain Names since 7 A.M. of such day.
* Any application that does not fulfil this planning will not be admitted to be processed.

https://www.nic.es/ingles/avisos/05_10_20_apertura_registro.html

7 AM/0700 CET is 6 AM/0600 UTC/GMT.

Discuss any issues that arise, report grabs and what not. :) I myself won't see any action today due to the phased launch, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for my pre-regs.

•••
Oh sheesh. :D Seems like the both of us were working on starting a thread about it at the same time, but never saw each others thread.

•••
Good thing I did ;)
Threads merged.
-Allan :gl:

•••
lol yeap well i am naver heard of a .es before but that sound pretty kool for a wesite
www.darkneal128.es lol dont go to this link though i just made it upp for ppl who dont already know that

•••
haha it had to happen :). Btw guys there going fast, I understand eurodns is accepting preordering, has been for a little while. I have the feeling spanish domainers may be upping the anti before the hoards arrive....I had about 20 available domains written down 2 days ago...GOOD ones..all gone now.

•••
Allan,

Thanks for the merger! :)

•••
mattius said:
haha it had to happen :). Btw guys there going fast, I understand eurodns is accepting preordering, has been for a little while. I have the feeling spanish domainers may be upping the anti before the hoards arrive....I had about 20 available domains written down 2 days ago...GOOD ones..all gone now.

Indeed, but they are only "gone" for sure if eurodns beats everyone else who wants them to the punch, right?

-Allan

•••
Ya im not sure how that entire process works, i hope it goes ahead a little cleaner than the .be bonanza. But the whois shows those domains i had written down as taken now. I didnt realise eurodns were accepting preordering until it was too late :(

•••
Lool You guys realize that eurodns is just 1 out of 25 registrars? 1/25 chance. Not bad if you preregged a bunchload.

•••
.ES is only good as typo for .SE :D:D:D j/k

•••
Btw that coupon code is DNJOURNAL_ES

•••
At the rate this "opening to the world" trend is going, first .BE, then .ES, I won't be surprised if all the other European nations open up their ccTLDs "to the world".

It does allude that the Internet statutory boards in Spain and Belgium see .EU as a threat to ccTLD identity and relevance.

•••
first .BE now .ES
WooHoo it is the BEES knees

•••
Barefoottech said:
first .BE now .ES
WooHoo it is the BEES knees

Stick to the domains ;) :D

•••
I was thinking of registering bab.es for the heck of it, looks like EuroDNS.com isn't open for business yet.

•••
Looks like NIC.ES couldn't handle the load... Their servers are 'down for maintenance'.

•••
the entier servers are backbombed. i tried registereing a domain through indom.com probably the order will fail and i will get refund but worth a shot :)

•••
I'm dying to see if some of my pre-registrations went through,...I wonder if anything has been regged yet,they've been down since the stroke of 7am (Spain time).

•••
You forgot .TW launch. And soon (Dec 1) - .CO.UA

•••
Dillpup

Good to see u up and not missing this one. :P

I just placed an order for 20 names @ 1:00am est hoping they would go through.

Oh well. I guess I'll just stick to clean-up duty like always.

Good luck to all.

•••
got some premium names pregged at a reputable registrar which just open pre-registration *procrastination*

•••
KwelX said:
Dillpup

Good to see u up and not missing this one. :P

I just placed an order for 20 names @ 1:00am est hoping they would go through.

Oh well. I guess I'll just stick to clean-up duty like always.

Good luck to all.

Hey Kwel! I wouldn't miss .ES,it looks gooooood.
I just got a notification that I DIDN'T get one of my pre-reg's from Digival.es...does that mean I did get some of my others? Remains to be seen...Still no confirmation and the whois is still down..

Try and get some good ones people,it's crunch time!

•••
hmm, the world is flooding with extensions all coming out like worms from the woodworks :dead:

•••
I've preregged 9 .es domains. I hope I get some of them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back