IT.COM

Can't list domain on Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

70ym

Established Member
Impact
I use txt verification to list some llll.com on sedo, after more than a week these domains still pending verification.

Sedo support said these domains has been listed by other people so there security apartment need to verify them manually.

Really bad markerplace.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

Thanks for your comment.

I am sorry to read that you are having difficulty listing your domain. All domains listed within Sedo’s database are subject to ownership verification. Sedo has this security check in place to ensure that the domains being listed belong to the people listing them.

If you have been asked to manually verify your domains then all you have to do for this is to send us a screen shot attachment of your Registrar account containing all of the following information:

- domain name

- period of registration and expiration date

- your contact data matching the data in your Sedo account

Once we have this, we will confirm your ownership of the domain and list your domain as for sale.

All the best.

Chris

•••
Same problem here. Why TXT/CNAME verification is not enough for Sedo? You cannot fake that if you don't own the name.

•••
Hi,

If you enter your verification ID into the TXT record field of your domains then you do not need to manual verify them.

If the domain is listed in another persons Sedo account, even though sellers agree when joining Sedo that it is their responsibility to keep their domain portfolios up to date and accurate, this may not always be the case. This is the type of situation that we may need manual verification.

If you are having issues verifying your domains give our security team a quick message and I assure you they will help you in verifying them as soon as possible. You can email them via [email protected]

All the best selling your domains
Chris

•••
I use txt verification to list some llll.com on sedo, after more than a week these domains still pending verification.

Sedo support said these domains has been listed by other people so there security apartment need to verify them manually.

Really bad markerplace.
Just wait till you try to delist...

•••
@Sedo If you enter your verification ID into the TXT record field of your domains then you do not need to manual verify them.

I have enter MY verification ID into the TXT record field of my domains and you still manual verify them and it takes 10 days.

•••
@Sedo If you enter your verification ID into the TXT record field of your domains then you do not need to manual verify them.

I have enter MY verification ID into the TXT record field of my domains and you still manual verify them and it takes 10 days.

Hi

Can you give me an example of a domain name so that I can check that for you.

All the best.
Chris

•••
Can somebody please help me? I registered on SEDO, put some of my domains there for sale at fixed price. I wanted to put them on auction, but SEDO is asking $15 for that. Is there any way to list them at auctions for free?

Information on this will be very appreciated.

•••
Can somebody please help me? I registered on SEDO, put some of my domains there for sale at fixed price. I wanted to put them on auction, but SEDO is asking $15 for that. Is there any way to list them at auctions for free?

Information on this will be very appreciated.

Hi,

It looks as though your account has been closed by Namepros so I dont believe you will get my response. If you see this message then please email your query to [email protected] and we will help you with this.

All the best
Chris

•••
Hi

Can you give me an example of a domain name so that I can check that for you.

All the best.
Chris
I sent a request via email with prove of ownership of domain , still not verify
I know i am not only person who add domains for sale on sedo but what i notice is @Sedo is almost any time down , not working properly on any browser (login, can't verify traffic, change price's etc..)
I don't know what is happen but i am disappointed at this point
Also this a problem for a potential buyer if want to buy a domain
With this tech problem Sedo will lose clients & this clients moved to other platforms , not to mention Sedo not promote other TLD's than .com & organise some auctions where nobody bid ( ex: .global) , but refuse to promote .us , .pro , .cc , .biz , .info , .net etc..in special auctions as they do with .global or .space etc..
Personal still intend to use Sedo but if not see any improvment i will move to others

Last edited:
•••
I have added two names to my Sedo parking several days ago after changing Nameservers to Sedo.

However, names are still pending for ownership check. Is this related to the holidays or does Sedo no more support ownership proof by NS settings? @Sedo

•••
Try to delete and relist in few minutes, sometimes it works.

•••
Try to delete and relist in few minutes, sometimes it works.
It does not show in domain list, I can't delet it.

•••
It does not show in domain list, I can't delet it.
Exactly. Besides that I wouldn´t accept such a "solution" which feels like being part of 1990s standards.

•••
Sedo should offer a service to portfolio owners. I tried to submit like 600 names. Boy was it tough. Too much work.

•••
•••
The Sedo listing/ownership verification process has been broken/not fit for purpose for years. I've given up trying to add new names there.

•••
I do not have any problems listing domains at Sedo. The process is very clear, at least for the TXT DNS verification.
I prefer this process, may be slower than list 1000 domains without verifiying nothing, but at least, the ownership of domains is VERIFIED, so nobody can list a domain that does not own.
And if the domain is already listed there by someone else, then yes, it may take a bit longer to verify, but maybe just one more business day, because I think they will check it manually.

•••
I do not have any problems listing domains at Sedo. The process is very clear, at least for the TXT DNS verification.
I prefer this process, may be slower than list 1000 domains without verifiying nothing, but at least, the ownership of domains is VERIFIED, so nobody can list a domain that does not own.
And if the domain is already listed there by someone else, then yes, it may take a bit longer to verify, but maybe just one more business day, because I think they will check it manually.
Is there an easy way to bulk add text files?

@namesilo @Dynadot @name.com @Joe Styler @epik

•••
My question was about delays in the verification by Nameserver settings. The other method does not work for me, not with every registrar and not with the number of domains I use to park.

I am Sedo client for 12 years now. Guess how many domains I tried to add that do not belong to me? If they treat new customers like this I understand it. But I won´t waste even more time with pseudo-security behaviour while fake buyers seem to have a walk-over.

•••
Is there an easy way to bulk add text files?
I understand that the process of adding TXT DNS records can be slowly, but its a good process to verify the domain ownership automatically.
If you look to add in bulk 500 TXT records at the Registrar's side, it will depend of every registrar, and in fact you must be careful on updating in bulk your DNS, to not change 1000 domains whole DNS, not only the TXT record.

Last edited:
•••
My question was about delays in the verification by Nameserver settings. The other method does not work for me, not with every registrar and not with the number of domains I use to park
The process of adding a TXT DNS record is an easy process at every registrar.
But I understand that updating these TXT fields one per one can be a slowly process.
I have found a lot of domains I own that are previously listed at Afternic or Sedo by someone else (before Sedo implemented the TXT verification). So I really appreciate the efforts of Sedo in order to prevent the listing of domains people doesn't own.
In fact, Godaddy also asks now for TXT DNS verification, at least for domains not registered at Godady, in order to list a domain for sale there. It's Afternic that still lacks this kind of verification.

•••
For me I find that the TXT verification at Sedo works very efficiently almost all the time. However, at first I was listing them on Sedo, then when prompted doing the TXT verification at my registrar. When I did it that way it would take considerable time to show verified.

Instead, if I change to first add the TXT verification at my registrar, and then add the domain to my Sedo account, they get verified most of the time in minutes.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Instead, if I change to first add the TXT verification the the domain name at my registrar, and then add the domain to my Sedo account, they get verified most of the time in minutes.
Yes I have seen this too. It's better to add first the TXT field at your registrar, and then, list the domain at Sedo. Doing this the domain will be listed in a few minutes.

•••
I have added two names to my Sedo parking several days ago after changing Nameservers to Sedo.

However, names are still pending for ownership check. Is this related to the holidays or does Sedo no more support ownership proof by NS settings?
Meanwhile both names have been accepted by Sedo. Can´t believe that anybody is working in the last hours of New Year´s Eve in Germany ... whatever: thanks SEDO for (re-)acting, thanks NP for giving the chance to rant.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back