IT.COM

Do not use Sedo anymore!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

70ym

Established Member
Impact
Two days ago I list a domain for sale on sedo and namepros.
The domain was sold on namepros in 5 minutes.
Then I tried to delete the domain on sedo.
But the domain is pending verification so I can not delete it. I also received the email: Please confirm your ownership - domains already listed.
So I change the dns to ns1.bodis.com to avoid txt-verfication.
But yesterday the domain was sold on sedo, I do not know when the domain is add to sedo successfully.
I explain the situation immediately to sedo, and sedo cancel the transacuion in 10 minutes and ask me to pay the commission fee. I reply immediately on sedo and do not receive any reply in a whole working day.
I have other domains sold on sedo and pending transfer, I have to cancel the transfer because sedo locked my account.
I dont think it is my fault since I have try my best to avoid this situation.
I have sold many domains on sedo but sedo just do not respect the seller and treat the seller like a fool.
So I will not use sedo anymore unless sedo apologize and unlock my account in one day.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yea
I guess it should not have verified

something messy

Last edited:
•••
•••
i wish it was easier to verify own domain with Sedo.

Wow, nightmare to remove instant, too.

Last edited:
•••
Two days ago I list a domain for sale on sedo and namepros.
The domain was sold on namepros in 5 minutes.
Then I tried to delete the domain on sedo.
But the domain is pending verification so I can not delete it. I also received the email: Please confirm your ownership - domains already listed.
So I change the dns to ns1.bodis.com to avoid txt-verfication.
But yesterday the domain was sold on sedo, I do not know when the domain is add to sedo successfully.
I explain the situation immediately to sedo, and sedo cancel the transacuion in 10 minutes and ask me to pay the commission fee. I reply immediately on sedo and do not receive any reply in a whole working day.
I have other domains sold on sedo and pending transfer, I have to cancel the transfer because sedo locked my account.
I dont think it is my fault since I have try my best to avoid this situation.
I have sold many domains on sedo but sedo just do not respect the seller and treat the seller like a fool.
So I will not use sedo anymore unless sedo apologize and unlock my account in one day.

Never list a domain on more than one marketplace with a buy now value.
Technically you should not even have offered it on namepros at the same time as listing it on sedo because if the situation was reversed and it sold on sedo first you would have received an infraction on namepros.

There is an unfortunate lesson here and I am sorry it happened to you.

If someone else learns from it then the topic was worthwhile.

Last edited:
•••
Technically you should not even have offered it on namepros at the same time as listing it on sedo because if the situation was reversed and it sold on sedo first you would have received an infraction on namepros.

You’re right.
Sedo is still slow, though.

Last edited:
•••
Oddly enough, I'm coming to this thread after spending an hour reading replies to a similar thread about Sedo.

Truly hoping that this issue gets resolved for you and all involved.

Great point.

Last edited:
•••
I think the injunction happened when the listing was placed on more than one marketplace. The best thing to do is focus on one marketplace at a time when trying to sell a particular digital asset.

•••

So, based on what are you saying, all the listing from namepros should be exclusive... Do you really think that namepros marketplace could survive by enforcing this? So somebody should list a domain with a buy now price, reseller rate,(2, 5, 10% sometimes even under 1% of the retail price) for days, weeks, months until sumebody decide to buy it at reseller rate, without any chance of selling it to an end user? How many could make a profit out of this and what will be the quality of domains? The result will be that in less than 1 month after enforcing this there will be only a handful of domains in the marketplace and even them, worthless. Do you really think that most big players they list them at a single marketplace? Everybody understands these situations, Dan, afternic, godaddy, sedo and so on. The only thing is that if it will happen to often, they will start asking questions, but most of the times they will be OK with it.

Last edited:
•••
So, based on what are you saying, all the listing from namepros should be exclusive... Do you really think that namepros marketplace could survive by enforcing this? So somebody should list a domain with a buy now price, reseller rate,(2, 5, 10% sometimes even under 1% of the retail price) for days, weeks, months until sumebody decide to buy it at reseller rate, without any chance of selling it to an end user? How many could make a profit out of this and what will be the quality of domains? The result will be that in less than 1 month after enforcing this there will be only a handful of domains in the marketplace and even them, worthless. Do you really think that most big players they list them at a single marketplace? Everybody understands these situations, Dan, afternic, godaddy, sedo and so on. The only thing is that if it will happen to often, they will start asking questions, but most of the times they will be OK with it.

So it would be safe to say that you should have different sale arrangements on each platform you use so that you don't run the risk of the sales overlapping...🤔

Last edited:
•••
Ive stopped listing my name on @Sedo about 2 years ago since they required verification, i have approx 1000 domains and have sold many in the last two years, mostly through @DAN.COM

Their website/platform is also trashy to use.

•••
I list on DAN, sedo, afternic. If it sells, I immediately know and I remove it from the other marketplaces.

If I list it on NP and as soon as there is a bid, I consider that domain sold and remove it from the other marketplaces.

The problem here is OP couldn't remove it from Sedo.

Sedo's verification is so trash, but it's also a great gatekeeper. I have lots of domains I need to list on Sedo, but changing the nameservers to sedo.. and still not having it happen for 1 day can be a pain.

•••
I think the injunction happened when the listing was placed on more than one marketplace. The best thing to do is focus on one marketplace at a time when trying to sell a particular digital asset.
This is a dream. It's not fessible.
So it would be safe to say that you should have didn't sale arrangements on each platform you use so that you don't run the risk of the sales overlapping...🤔
In the real world, the probability to make a sale is very small, 1-2-3%....the probability to make a sale on two platforms, on the same time is 0,0000 something%. If that small probability will hit you one day, everybody will/should understand and the marketplace where it happened later, even after seconds, should cancel the sale with no drama.

Last edited:
•••
So, based on what are you saying, all the listing from namepros should be exclusive

If you read my post carefully you will see I said not to list on 2 marketplaces with buy now.
That should be a big no no for everyone.

Just imagine if it sold at sedo and someone posted sold at namepros... instant infraction.

It is ok to list on multiple marketplaces but buy now should never be active on more than or or ultimately you face being locked out if something goes wrong.,

•••
If you read my post carefully you will see I said not to list on 2 marketplaces with buy now.

Just imagine if it sold at sedo and someone posted sold at namepros... instant infraction.

It is ok to list on multiple marketplaces but buy now should never be active on more than or or ultimately you face being locked out if something goes wrong.,
Makes sense

•••

So, if you participate in Afternic premium network, you can't list your domain ad Sedo MLS, no? Why do you think that registrars who offer both options, like namesilo, dynadot, until recently epik and a few others are so popular among domainers? Hint: both networks require 'buy now' prices. It's easy when you are a passive seller and you don't care about the cash flow, but for the rest of us, we need to use any option.

•••
So, if you participate in Afternic premium network, you can't list your domain ad Sedo MLS, no? Why do you think that registrars who offer both options, like namesilo, dynadot, until recently epik and a few others are so popular among domainers? Hint: both networks require 'buy now' prices. It's easy when you are a passive seller and you don't care about the cash flow, but for the rest of us, we need to use any option.

Only takes once for your domain to sell at two places simultaneously and ultimately you will be banned on the marketplace where you did not finish the transaction. There is no explaining yourself out of it.

There are numerous topics (search) on namepros where members sold a domain on two platforms at once and it never ends well.

As a safety... list with make offer on one and buy now on the other.

Last edited:
•••
I was the buyer at Sedo, the domain was dvnx dot com. About the same time as my purchase, I also googled the name which showed it to be sold at NP here few hours before. Since the WHOIS showed pendingTransfer as status so asked Sedo to verify if the domain indeed belongs to the seller and, here at NP, I was wanting to confirm with the seller if the Sedo listing is his old one. Now he sent me the link to this thread today. The domain wasn't pending verification but listed at BIN price when I purchased it at Sedo.

It's obvious that you shouldn't have a domain at BIN at multiple places. Even if it got sold, OP could have changed the domain setting from BIN to Make Offer.

Last edited:
•••
I was the buyer at Sedo, the domain was dvnx dot com. About the same time as my purchase, I also googled the name which showed it to be sold at NP here few hours before. Since the WHOIS showed pendingTransfer as status so asked Sedo to verify if the domain indeed belongs to the seller and, here at NP, I was wanting to confirm with the seller if the Sedo listing is his old one. Now he sent me the link to this thread today. The domain wasn't pending verification but listed at BIN price when I purchased it at Sedo.

It's obvious that you shouldn't have a domain at BIN at multiple places. Even if it got sold, OP could have changed the domain setting from BIN to Make Offer.

Huge coincidence you bought the very name he was selling here.

•••
It was a user error so you may as well admit it move on.

Last edited:
•••
Ive stopped listing my name on @Sedo about 2 years ago since they required verification, i have approx 1000 domains and have sold many in the last two years, mostly through @DAN.COM

Their website/platform is also trashy to use.

I have hundreds of domains appox 400 and listed with sedo web portal from past three years.
last month sedo blocked my account due to false bidding. (One or two guys intensively making offers / wrong bidding due to those mistakes & false counter bids my accounts got locked . raised several request to enable. Still now they are not enabled account. I have completely stopped now, iam listing domains in alternative market place.

•••
Another misleading thread.
Trying to blame someone else for your mistake.

•••
Hi 70ym

Again your post is extremely unfair towards Sedo like your others. Id like to bring your attention to the fact that you sold an impressive amount of domains with us in 2020 successfully since your last post titled ‘Sedo is really one of the worst marketplaces’ where you were complaining because it took 2 working days to complete a transfer for you over the holiday period. Now in this instance, I understand you maybe upset that your domain has sold on another platform, which you claim was stuck in the ownership verification check, if that is the case then we apologise for this and we will work to resolve this for you. However as other Namepros members have pointed out the chances of this happening is so rare and you simply just needed to call us about it so we could have looked into this for you as a special case. We will help you as we do every time.

Your domain will not automatically verify without the txt record. Your domain was verified in our system on the 04.01.2021 at 01:20:16 because a txt record was valid and present. The whois information suggests the domain was updated on that date and due to what you have written to us internally it suggests to us that actually the verification process was completed quickly. Despite your claim that the domain was not verified and you sold it elsewhere, you didn’t email Sedo until 06.01.2021 to tell us about this at which time a transfer had been setup.

Sedo provides you with timely responses and an agent who speaks your native language to try and give you the best user experience. I have also personally gone beyond to make sure you get the best experience possible. It would be assumed that the titles of your posts are constructive and proportionate.
Can I suggest that before you feel you have no other resort but to write a post online that you call me personally so that I can resolve your problems for you. My direct number is +49-221-34030-152 and Im located in our German office. In the meantime, I am going to speak with the person that has created the commission invoice and see where they stand on this, as I am sure they are looking into your query already and looking at what stance they will take with it.

All the best
Chris

•••
Your domain will not automatically verify without the txt record.

All the best
Chris

This is the problem with my .uk domains as i am a registrar with nominet and do not have the ability to add a TXT record.

I could do this if my names were registered with other registrars like godaddy, reg-123, etc

I have about 800 .uk's on my own TAG

If there was an easy solution then i would give you a go again.

•••
Hi 70ym

Again your post is extremely unfair towards Sedo like your others. Id like to bring your attention to the fact that you sold an impressive amount of domains with us in 2020 successfully since your last post titled ‘Sedo is really one of the worst marketplaces’ where you were complaining because it took 2 working days to complete a transfer for you over the holiday period. Now in this instance, I understand you maybe upset that your domain has sold on another platform, which you claim was stuck in the ownership verification check, if that is the case then we apologise for this and we will work to resolve this for you. However as other Namepros members have pointed out the chances of this happening is so rare and you simply just needed to call us about it so we could have looked into this for you as a special case. We will help you as we do every time.

Your domain will not automatically verify without the txt record. Your domain was verified in our system on the 04.01.2021 at 01:20:16 because a txt record was valid and present. The whois information suggests the domain was updated on that date and due to what you have written to us internally it suggests to us that actually the verification process was completed quickly. Despite your claim that the domain was not verified and you sold it elsewhere, you didn’t email Sedo until 06.01.2021 to tell us about this at which time a transfer had been setup.

Sedo provides you with timely responses and an agent who speaks your native language to try and give you the best user experience. I have also personally gone beyond to make sure you get the best experience possible. It would be assumed that the titles of your posts are constructive and proportionate.
Can I suggest that before you feel you have no other resort but to write a post online that you call me personally so that I can resolve your problems for you. My direct number is +49-221-34030-152 and Im located in our German office. In the meantime, I am going to speak with the person that has created the commission invoice and see where they stand on this, as I am sure they are looking into your query already and looking at what stance they will take with it.

All the best
Chris
I use more than 10 marketplaces, and in fact sedo is the worse marketplace I have expreienced honesty. The domains I sold at sedo less than 1% of my domains. The reason that people buy my domains just because I sell the cheapest domain on sedo. That's one of the reason of this happen: once I list, people will buy it.

I have contaced sedo 24 hours before I wrote this post. You cancel the transauction and created the invoice in half an hour after my first explanation. It was 11 am on German. But you did not reply me word in a whole working day. Sedo provides the most slowly responses in all the marketplaces I used.

I used custom dns for my domains, I changed the dns of the domain once it sold. The reason maybe cache. That's the problem of sedo verfication system.
Sometimes it takes more than 10 days to verify a domain even if I used txt record. I dont want to discuss the technical details a lot. This situation always happen. Even hugedomains still list my domains on afternic for a BIN price.
If this problem happen in other marketplace, it will be solved in 24 hours. Sedo has a lot of problems and poor support to solve the problems. It just not worth to watse a lot of time to play with sedo.

Last edited:
•••
Back