Dynadot

.info BuyGold.info Scheduled To Drop Tomorrow - Why Was Snapnames Able To Grab it Today?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
BuyGold.info

I have been tracking this domain for a while.

It expired, was not renewed, and is / was scheduled to be deleted
tomorrow, Thursday, April 29, 2020.

Earlier today I saw that BuyGold.info was snapped up by Snapnames.com ,one day before deletion, on behalf of an individual.

At first, the WhoIs info reflected Snapnames.com.

Now the WhoIs reflects an individual's name.

Does anyone know how Snapnames could circumvent the normal deletion process?

I've contacted Afilias with that question among others but I won't hold my breath waiting for a response.

Any ideas???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are the ones who know about that. Contcat them as if you are intersted in another domain name to get more information if you are not willing to tell them about your current domain name.

•••
They are the ones who know about that. Contcat them as if you are intersted in another domain name to get more information if you are not willing to tell them about your current domain name.

I assume there will be a lot of potential buyers for that domain name there ;)

•••
Earlier today I saw that BuyGold.info was snapped up by Snapnames.com ,one day before deletion, on behalf of an individual.

At first, the WhoIs info reflected Snapnames.com.

Now the WhoIs reflects an individual's name.
so it seems that guy is the only bidder for that domain so its pushed to him now without auction.

whats unusual thinng here :-/

snap grabs domain with their contacts only.

•••
so it seems that guy is the only bidder for that domain so its pushed to him now without auction.

snap grabs domain with their contacts only.

chandan,

I participate in the domain drop just about every day so I know about Snapnames ability to get just about any domain they want that is released by the Registry.

If you would have read my original post you would have seen that the
"unusual thing" is that Snapnames was able to get the domain one day before it was supposed to be deleted.

How was that possible is my question?

I did contact the Registry, Afilias, about the matter.

The response I received today from them stated that the domain was release properly on April 28, 2010.

I do not believe them though.

BuyGold.info appears on today's (April 29) .INFO drop list, not yesterday's (April 28).

•••

Maybe Halvarez (or his cousin/colleague/friend) is back.

Yes, I would imagine that a lot of buyers would be interested in such a scammy domain.

•••
is that Snapnames was able to get the domain one day before it was supposed to be deleted.

How was that possible is my question?
yes its possible as i too seen few times with .info drops

one LLL.info which dropped a day earlier (it possibly a hand reg :laugh: not even backorder as the whois shows an individual in Godaddy with creation time which is after 30 mins of usual drop time)

I did contact the Registry, Afilias, about the matter.

The response I received today from them stated that the domain was release properly on April 28, 2010.

I do not believe them though.

BuyGold.info appears on today's (April 29) .INFO drop list, not yesterday's (April 28).
its a fault from registry side and probably they wont accept that :D

•••
That name was scheduled to drop on 28 Apr.

•••
it possibly a hand reg :laugh: not even backorder as the whois shows an individual in Godaddy with creation time which is after 30 mins of usual drop time

Wow, all that preparation only to see someone else snap it up for $0.89 - what a bummer!

•••
finally it seems that I wasn't the only one interrested by this domain... ;)

•••
That name was scheduled to drop on 28 Apr.

Okay thanks.

The drop list I use showed it dropping on the 29th.

Where did you find your info?

For the record, I don't really care about the domain all
that much and would have regged it only if I could get it
for GoDaddy's low price.

•••
different time zone ? did you have it on backorder ?

•••
Who was the previous registrar? If SnapNames has an arrangement with them, then it's quite normal for the domain not to drop, and to be purchased by whoever backordered it at SnapNames. I don't see anything unusual about that. I presume the domain also retained it's age, Yes?

•••
Any weird transaction based at Snapnames doesn't surprise me anymore.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back