Dynadot

advice Bulk Forwarding Afternic Domains to Buy It Now Pages

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ali

Top Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
I decided to change it up and I recorded my first video for Zandibot. My video production skills need work, but if you guy love videos, I will continue learn more and provide you better production!

Today, I am covering the process I use to bulk forward all of my domain names to Afternic buy it now pages. This is a new approach for me in 2016 and I wanted to share the process with you as well.

Watch the whole video: Bulk Forwarding Your Domains to Afternic Buy It Now Pages

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, its working..lol
Thank you

we talked private about going through bodis for aftrnic landers..

so im curious to know what benefits you get using this method over going through bodis? thanks for explaining! maybe I am missing something good here and should change too! :)

•••
we talked private about going through bodis for aftrnic landers..

so im curious to know what benefits you get using this method over going through bodis? thanks for explaining! maybe I am missing something good here and should change too! :)

Both are working same Alcy.
I got only 30 visits in afternic via Bodis.
Now i am trying to do with Nameserver.io.
Let us test this way.

•••
Both are working same Alcy.
I got only 30 visits in afternic via Bodis.
Now i am trying to do with Nameserver.io.
Let us test this way.

ok keep posted on results. or any differences you see between bods redirect and this. I am open to new options, looking for best ways like all of us here. cheers.

•••
Max limit for fast transfer, you can price above no problem.
Yes, I believe you can price it up to $4,999,999 or something on Afternic.

•••
ok keep posted on results. or any differences you see between bods redirect and this. I am open to new options, looking for best ways like all of us here. cheers.

I've never used the Bodis redirect - does the same thing? Or do you go to a parking page first, and then click a link to go to the Afternic sales page?

•••
Thanks, Ali.

I have been wondering if the best sell-through rate might occur from simply forwarding to the GoDaddy "Yes! Your Domain Is Available" page: https://www.godaddy.com/domains/searchresults.aspx?checkAvail=1&domainToCheck=edeom.com since the average person is already familiar with GoDaddy.

On a different note, I know that the Afternic guys advise forwarding to this page: http://www.edeom.com rather than the BIN one. They claim conversion is higher without displaying the BIN on the lander.

•••
•••
I've never used the Bodis redirect - does the same thing? Or do you go to a parking page first, and then click a link to go to the Afternic sales page?

hi, I've been doing bodis redirect for very long time before seeing your method. and it worked fine for me.. but like all of us, domaining is constant improving and perfectioning so I am glad to read new options to everything all the time. in the end, we're all here to learn and make best of it all.

bodis is one of very few companies which alows direct redirect to url (any url, including afternic sale lander). allowing you to completely bypass parked page. voodoo does not let you do it.. nor parkcrew.. nor any other place I heard of. which is why I like bodis for this.

like most, I am no fan at all of switching dns all the time, having multiple registries for my domains.. so I just set all to bodis and then direct it from there through redirects etc. simple to do. they have nice interface. it literally takes 1 second to bulk switch all your domains to any sale lander url you want.
plus they have also their own sale lander.. which is make offer only now.. which is very nice. plus recently added escrow account to bodis, which mans you can also use their sale lander to set buynow, and buyer pays escrow.com

I asked them to combine in future their make offer lander with their buynow into one page. at which point I may very likely just stick to that (no commission fee) versus using afternic or other sale landers.

if you are interested in checking out the two builtinto bodis sale landers they are here just set it up for you as example:

makeoffer: www.69vr.club

escrow buynow: www.69virtual.club

I also want to point out that bodis is the only company I know of to let you use yoru google analytics tracking# for stats. meaning that if you redirect to afternic lander through bodis, you can still track it all via GA.

hope it helps anyone to make best choice for them.

•••
Thanks, Ali.

I have been wondering if the best sell-through rate might occur from simply forwarding to the GoDaddy "Yes! Your Domain Is Available" page: https://www.godaddy.com/domains/searchresults.aspx?checkAvail=1&domainToCheck=edeom.com since the average person is already familiar with GoDaddy.

On a different note, I know that the Afternic guys advise forwarding to this page: http://www.edeom.com rather than the BIN one. They claim conversion is higher without displaying the BIN on the lander.

hmmm that's odd... everyone I talked to says more chance to sell with buynow there! ;)

•••
bodis is one of very few companies which alows direct redirect to url (any url, including afternic sale lander). allowing you to completely bypass parked page. voodoo does not let you do it.. nor parkcrew.. nor any other place I heard of. which is why I like bodis for this.

I like te bodis redirect
thank you Alcy to point me in this direction

as far as I recall you can do same thing with above as well

•••
•••
I like te bodis redirect
thank you Alcy to point me in this direction

as far as I recall you can do same thing with above as well

yes my pleasure Frank.
I honestly do not like above.com much for their crowded interface.

so I do not know if you can redirect directly to url like afternic sale lander with them. I think they are just company to direct traffic to various parking companies. for revenue optimization. I do not believe they allow you to go to a url directly, without any park ads. but maybe I am wrong.

there are many options around for various sale landers.. sedo.. afternic.. flippa (no buynow).. godady etc.. I also prefer afternic sale lander from them all.. cause it's nic elooking and has buynow+makeoffer which is importnat to me to have both.

however, there is good chance in future when bodis mixes their builtin sale lander into 2 in 1 makeoffer+buynow, I will switch to bodis only.

it is extremely fast loading etc.. and no commission! other than escrow.com fee.

•••
Very interesting. Do you have to "upload" the domain to Bodis first? If so, that seems like an extra step?

With Bodis:
1. Set NS
2. Upload to Afternic
3. Upload to Bodis

Without Bodis:
1. Set NS
2. Upload to Afternic.

Is that right? or am I missing something? Thanks.

•••
Very interesting. Do you have to "upload" the domain to Bodis first? If so, that seems like an extra step?

With Bodis:
1. Set NS
2. Upload to Afternic
3. Upload to Bodis

Without Bodis:
1. Set NS
2. Upload to Afternic.

Is that right? or am I missing something? Thanks.

it takes 1 second to tag copy all my domains in excel.
then 1 more second to paste them into bodis ADD DOMAINS window.

so to me this extra step is very negligable. bodis has a very fast UI. and most friendly of all park companies I know. and I know a few. cheers.

•••
On afternic, in your opinion, is it better to hide your profile or not?

I am talking about the "ABOUT THE SELLER" section located at bottom right of a listing.

•••
On afternic, in your opinion, is it better to hide your profile or not?

I am talking about the "ABOUT THE SELLER" section located at bottom right of a listing.

tough to say imo
I'd leave this question as a subjective personal choice
and what feels more right to you.
I personally leave option there. it's small.. in corner..
not some right in your face link or on same screen list of others domains.. which yes could distreact buyer from buying the main domain

•••
it takes 1 second to tag copy all my domains in excel.
then 1 more second to paste them into bodis ADD DOMAINS window.

so to me this extra step is very negligable. bodis has a very fast UI. and most friendly of all park companies I know. and I know a few. cheers.

Okay that makes sense. Yea the folks at Bodis are awesome, I've just never used it for parking before. Interesting system, wish I knew about it ages ago ha.

•••
Which one is best veterans? Please guide us

•••
•••
Bodis is best if you want to do landing pages. The default option is parking but you can set it to redirect to a landing page.

Matt, founder and owner, had a marketplace for awhile but he told me it was too much of a hassle. He owned NPs for a bit and was going to integrate somehow. Bodis is only focused on parking and an easy UI.

•••
Thanks, Ali.

While people know about and trust GoDaddy, that particular page that you linked to has too many alternative domains right below your domain.

•••
While people know about and trust GoDaddy, that particular page that you linked to has too many alternative domains right below your domain.

I agree. afternic would be better than GD here.

•••
•••
•••
for me GoDaddy looks more trustworthy and friendly. GD is well known domain name company on the Internet.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/afternic-username.930044/
e.g. GD landing page
upload_2016-3-20_20-46-10.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back