Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post on here :wave: Looking to price out BrisbaneRealEstate.co

Edit: Second!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, .co lets it down immediately. Look at the search results for brisbane real estate and they are all .com.au ...they've all picked the correct ccTLD that Australians will be used to (well, that and .com). I can't see it having any value.

•••
Not sure how is "popular" .co in Australia, but it may be a fair brandable real estate domain IMO. Good luck.

•••
It might be worth asking on the Australian DNF.

•••
hard to say as com.au rules all in Australia, plus .co is more of a challenge to rank anywhere except South America of course. As a domain, the .co has little or no value, that would be hard to sell imo

•••
.CO are not worthless

Thanks for the replies, but for those who claim .CO to be worthless I have to disagree. .CO's can rank just like any other top TLD with good SEO.

I looked into the .COM.AU's that are ranking and spotted three that aren't of that TLD ranking for Brisbane real estate. The .COM variant of my .CO is a shell of a site which Google obviously would rank.

Happy Holidays!

•••
Living in Queensland and knowing the Australian realestate market I think I can give a fair appraisal.
$0
Why you ask?
only 2 sites do well here in Australia for realestate.
RealEstate.com.au (75% of market)
Domain.com.au (25%)
Any site that competes against those 2 face an uphill battle.

•••
$0.00

This domain breaks the 14-Character Rule of Domains and is hosted on .CO. I honestly don't think it gets any worse than this, but that's just my opinion. Grace delete ASAP and refrain from these types of registrations in the future. Use the refund to buy a book titled "The Ra Material: An Ancient Astronaut Speaks". Read it with care.

Remember Luke, use the Force and these types of domains will not be able to enter into your reality. IMHO

•••
Thanks for the replies, but for those who claim .CO to be worthless I have to disagree. .CO's can rank just like any other top TLD with good SEO.
ANY domain can be developed. Appraisal is about the resale value for the domain as-is, undeveloped.
Plus, in Australia, there is a strong ccTLD (.com.au) so anything else will face an uphill battle.

•••
Gonna hold on to it but I greatly appreciate everyone's insight

•••

I looked into the .COM.AU's that are ranking and spotted three that aren't of that TLD ranking for Brisbane real estate. The .COM variant of my .CO is a shell of a site which Google obviously would rank.

Happy Holidays!

The problem is, you're thinking like an SEO. You need to look at it from business and consumer point of view. The domain doesn't have the type-in value of .com or .com.au, it's just completely wrong for that market, which calls for the local ccTLD (or .com). If you want to make a microsite for a low competition keyword, then get whatever TLD/ccTLD (a small information site's extension is of so little importance compared to real world, big money, big business like real estate), but this is about real estate, people looking for properties, businesses wanting to represent themselves professionally, wanting a memorable domain (including TLD/ccTLD). Would I visit BrisbaneRealEstate.com.au or BrisbaneRealEstate.co if I saw them in search results? The .com.au and avoid the .co as it would make me think it's potentially fraudulent (trying to look like the real one in name to trick people).

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back