Dynadot

BringLove.com for $3,595 or Bring.Love for $30,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BringLove.com for $3,595 or Bring.Love for $30,000 - Which One For Your Business?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BringLove.com, even if both cost same $3595
Is this a joke? .COM all day

Last edited:
•••
Who is gonna spend 10 times more and not own the .com? Doesn't makes sense to me.

Few years ago I purchased a domain for development, so I was the enduser in that case.

I spent 3500 USD for the word1word2.com

The gtld counterpart word1.word2 was available at 100 USD on Sedo so I bought also this as it was cheap and placed a redirect to the .com.

After one year I didn't even bother to renew the gtld, last time I checked the gtld was available at reg fee. The .com I can sell anyday at 5000+

Last edited:
•••
I think the answer is obvious.

BringLove.com for $3,595 or Bring.Love for $359?
I would still much rather buy the .COM if I was an end user.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Would you like a new BMW X5 for $10k or a Hyundai Santa Fe for $50k?

•••
Oh btw... The Hyundai also costs more to run on a yearly basis.

•••
I'd take the .com even if the prices were reversed imo.

•••
Brand.Love just to annoy a bunch of domainers

•••
.com anyday. Learnt from experience, sold many 2 word .com but sold not even single GTLD even after owing 1000+ one word GTLDs. Though got few offer in $10 to $20 range

•••
This poll reminds me of Shop(.app) (sold for $200,000) and Shop/App(.com), which are both owned by Shopify. As Shopify currently chooses to use the .app version for its business and let the .com version be unused, I believe Shopify will vote for the .love version.

I think if this poll's respondents are real business owners, the poll result will be quite different.

•••
This poll reminds me of Shop(.app) (sold for $200,000) and Shop/App(.com), which are both owned by Shopify. As Shopify currently chooses to use the .app version for its business and let the .com version be unused, I believe Shopify will vote for the .love version.

I think if this poll's respondents are real business owners, the poll result will be quite different.

Yes, whatever helps sleep at night.

voter identities? It actually adds validity to poll.

I stand behind my vote; see; most of the world.
I love having costs down from not having to pay egregious renewal pricing (.car/cars $2k and look up .app renewal pricing; it’s a JOKE.

Long live COM poll solidifies what we know :)

Samer

Last edited:
•••

Just for curiosity, in what extension is Shopify running their business?
Maybe .com?
They choosed an .app to run their .app project. But for real bussiness, they choose the only king, the .com

Last edited:
•••
Yes, whatever helps sleep at night.

voter identities? It actually adds validity to poll.

I stand behind my vote; see; most of the world.
I love having costs down from not having to pay egregious renewal pricing (.car/cars $2k and look up .app renewal pricing; it’s a JOKE.

Long live COM poll solidifies what we know :)

Samer

Your comment further proves that this poll is seriously biased. This poll is already asking wrong group of people. If really want to know the business usage side, this poll should ask real business owners, not domainers. Most domainers invest mainly in .com, so am I. But this poll is now like asking people who frequently go to a restaurant whether the food in the restaurant is delicious, which is seriously biased.

Also, there may be a gap between domainers' thoughts and real business owners' thoughts. Cost is just a part of decision making in the business world that there are marketing, advertising and branding effects that need to be considered when choosing a domain name for business. On the other hand, cost plays a large part for domainers.

•••
Just for curiosity, in what extension is Shopify running their business?
Maybe .com?
They choosed an .app to run their .app project. But for real bussiness, they choose the only king, the .com

Is the .app project one of their real businesses?

They can use .com to run their .app project as well, then why are they willing to pay $200,000 such a large amount to buy the .app version and use it actively now?

They have used .com for their main business for many years before .app extension launch. It may have a huge switching cost to them if they change to use .app. Also, there is no reason for them to use .app because their main business is not completely app based. So the .app is owned by them for brand protection.

Shopify is a brand name and the poll is about generic word combinations which are totally two different situations. So the case of Shop(.app) and Shop/App(.com) is more suitable for discussion.

Last edited:
•••
Is the .app project one of their real businesses?

They can use .com to run their .app project as well, then why are they willing to pay $200,000 such a large amount to buy the .app version and use it actively now?

They have used .com for their main business for many years before .app extension launch. It may have a huge switching cost to them if they change to use .app. Also, there is no reason for them to use .app because their main business is not completely app based. So the .app is owned by them for brand protection.

Shopify is a brand name and the poll is about generic word combinations which are totally two different situations. So the case of Shop(.app) and Shop/App(.com) is more suitable for discussion.

They just use Shop.app to go and download their app to your mobile.
If they were going to use Shop.app to run their main business, their real business, then you can come here and talk about .app

But they won't never ever do that in 1000 years, and do you know why? because if they do that, the owners of Shop.com will be sooooo grateful and happy for the extra of daily million users coming to Shop.com thanks to Shop.app

•••

For the poll results to be quite different, you're saying "real business owners" would pick:

bring.love for $30,000

instead of

bring.com for $3,595

No, they wouldn't. That would be quite insane.

Last edited:
•••
If they were going to use Shop.app to run their main business, their real business, then you can come here and talk about .app

But they won't never ever do that in 1000 years, and do you know why? because if they do that, the owners of Shop.com will be sooooo grateful and happy for the extra of daily million users coming to Shop.com thanks to Shop.app

All you said is just want to escape from the fact that they spent $200,000 to buy and use Shop(.app) and let Shop/App(.com) be unused. $200,000 is a large amount that may need approval from the top executives (CFO/CTO/CMO) in Shopify. Do you think the top executives approved such deal emotionally without a reasonable reason? You should face the fact and think about why Shopify did so.

Last edited:
•••
For the poll results to be quite different, you're saying "real business owners" would pick:

bring.love for $30,000

instead of

bring.com for $3,595

No, they wouldn't. That would be quite insane.

What I mean about "quite different result" is that there may be a higher proportion (probably 10%, 20% or more) choose the .love one, not just 1 guy only. I don't refuse that .com is still the king, but I also accept the fact that more and more business owners are willing to use new gTLDs.

Also, bring.love is not comparable to bring.com.

•••
Me:

bringit.png

...and I own a business, lol.

•••
:xf.cry:

I just voted for bring dot love because I feel so bad for the new gtlds. LOL

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••

Shop.app is a different offering than Shopify though. Different brandname format too, generic keyword versus a brandable. So of course Shopify will work better on the dotcom.

In this example, which one do you recall first? ShopApp.com or Shop.app?

For me it is the latter, and for me it is an example where the nTLD works better because it creates singularity towards the brand name. For ShopApp.com what is it exactly? Is it Shop App, Shopapp, a shop app or ShopApp.com?

Last edited:
•••
I dropped some gtlds as the dot com was too cheap.But not cheap enough to add margin. Meaning the gtld was too expensive and renewals will add to spend up to the value of dot com trying to own it.

Last edited:
•••
Back