Dynadot

BringLove.com for $3,595 or Bring.Love for $30,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BringLove.com for $3,595 or Bring.Love for $30,000 - Which One For Your Business?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
But some people/companies need the exact match. Alternatives are always available, often for reg fee:

IBringLove.com
BringLoveToOthers.com
BringLoveToEveryone.com
BringLoveToYou.com
Etc....

9 bucks each, 20 seconds to search them.

The question was about the 2 names in the poll, alternatives are always around...

Last edited:
•••
Besides cost and branding issues that need to be considered by business owners, the first feeling by customers when seeing domains is also very important, especially when a business is related to love.

Love is subjective, making .love extension the most "subjective" extension. Personally I prefer simple and pure love, so .love extension generally gives me a stronger feeling than other extensions because it is shorter and cleaner that does not have irrelevant elements and matches the simple and pure characteristics of love.

As everyone can have different attitudes towards love, business owners should be more careful when choosing between .love and other extensions for their love-related business.

•••
Our next generation probably will ask, "What is .com?"
Shhh... come now, baby steps. Let's enjoy these years, the calm before the storm.

btw, real nice name; chess (stream) and matched the new G' to boot. In the new gTLD, avoids that nasty bunched up triple "s", nicely separated by the dot.

•••
But some people/companies need the exact match. Alternatives are always available, often for reg fee:

IBringLove.com
BringLoveToOthers.com
BringLoveToEveryone.com
BringLoveToYou.com
Etc....

Those are not alternative I was referring in my post. [alternative].love not [alternative]Bring.love, finding alternative to replace single word "bring" with different word that still line up with the core of the business.

•••
•••
If you sell new GTLDs it is important to do your research and make sure your set price is offering a real value when compared to its .com competitor. For now, the NGTLD version should be cheaper, not 10x more.

For value I'd go with BringLove.com
For just quality I'd pick Bring.Love

•••
Take the example bobthebuilder.com vs bobthe.builder...

To me, one of the clear problems with this is that the new G changes your brand name from "Bob the Builder" to 'Bob the dot builder" which makes no sense.

In terms of branding and getting your name out there, these new G name hacks seem to solve one problem (finding a name that fits) and creates another (it makes no sense when spoken).

The shop.app example doesn't have this problem because the name of the app is 'shop', not 'shop app' as can be seen from their marketing and app name.

It feels like there are 3 things here that are distinct. A simple .COM, a name hack using a gtld and then a brand established on a gtld that doesn't "span the dot".

If I set up a brand called "Bob the Builder" and it was on the .bricks extension, then bobthebuilder.bricks would be what I consider to be "more normal" because it fits the usual pattern. I know from looking at it what the brand is and the extension matches the brand, not the other way around.

In fact we'd end up with a lot of weirdness if we all included the domain extension in our brand names, everyone would be basically the same and indistinguishable from one another in the marketplace.

Are there many examples of the new gtlds being used as a domain hack where someone has established a brand and included the bit in the dot within their brand name and used it as their main domain?

•••
Take the example bobthebuilder.com vs bobthe.builder...

To me, one of the clear problems with this is that the new G changes your brand name from "Bob the Builder" to 'Bob the dot builder" which makes no sense.

In terms of branding and getting your name out there, these new G name hacks seem to solve one problem (finding a name that fits) and creates another (it makes no sense when spoken).

The shop.app example doesn't have this problem because the name of the app is 'shop', not 'shop app' as can be seen from their marketing and app name.

It feels like there are 3 things here that are distinct. A simple .COM, a name hack using a gtld and then a brand established on a gtld that doesn't "span the dot".

If I set up a brand called "Bob the Builder" and it was on the .bricks extension, then bobthebuilder.bricks would be what I consider to be "more normal" because it fits the usual pattern. I know from looking at it what the brand is and the extension matches the brand, not the other way around.

In fact we'd end up with a lot of weirdness if we all included the domain extension in our brand names, everyone would be basically the same and indistinguishable from one another in the marketplace.

Are there many examples of the new gtlds being used as a domain hack where someone has established a brand and included the bit in the dot within their brand name and used it as their main domain?

There are examples that brand name is exactly domain name, such as vacation(.rentals), Radio(.cloud), online(.caisno), home(.loans) and homes(.forsale). And I found there is an example that brand name does not have the dot: live(.chat). These domain names were sold for high 5 figures to mid 6 figures.

Domain hack in new gTLDs is best applied for common phrases or terms, not the ones like your example "Botthebuilder". That's why new gTLDs investors have told many times that should invest in word1.word2 that word1 matches word2.

•••
There are examples that brand name is exactly domain name, such as vacation(.rentals), Radio(.cloud), online(.caisno), home(.loans) and homes(.forsale). And I found there is an example that brand name does not have the dot: live(.chat). These domain names were sold for high 5 figures to mid 6 figures.

Domain hack in new gTLDs is best applied for common phrases or terms, not the ones like your example "Botthebuilder". That's why new gTLDs investors have told many times that should invest in word1.word2 that word1 matches word2.
Thank you for providing those examples. I can see how solid phrases can be used for this application, they are few between though extension to extension and you wouldn't want to own a company called "home loans" because its not distinguishable or protectable TM wise.

•••
Thank you for providing those examples. I can see how solid phrases can be used for this application, they are few between though extension to extension and you wouldn't want to own a company called "home loans" because its not distinguishable or protectable TM wise.

I agree that the most solid phrases are few, and are mostly reserved or have high renewal fees. But there are many decent ones (probably worth $XX,XXX) that have standard renewal fees or slightly higher than standard renewal fees, such as the Open(.Money) case (https://www.namepros.com/threads/25-000-again-sold-my-3rd-xx-xxx-domain-this-year.1169657/). It depends on domainers' research skills to find the decent ones.

The company names actually have the dot (e.g. "Home.Loans", not "Home Loans"). I don't know if the dot gives brand names stronger TM protection. If it does, using this kind of branding technique may be a smart move.

•••
@MadAboutDomains if you're interested, please have a look at:

InTheWild.Domains

You won't regret it; fascinating collection of live sites using word.word = brand. I do get the irony of the hosting party playing switcharoo with their own new G' in the name while showcasing exact matches. ;)

Personally, I have tons of bookmarked sites that are also based on this theory of being able to use a NEMD (just for this purpose will call them "new exact-match domains"), where the domain is the name.

See, we forget that even using a .com still has a "dot" breaking up the name, because you have to say "BobtheBuilder-dot-com", the extension cannot just be assumed, and in this case, the business name shouldn't take on the ".com" portion of the domain as part of the name; it just makes it sound like a url rather than a brand. It also ruins the physical signage portion of the branding.

You raise fair points though in your whole post, and I can see how really it can just come down to a matter of taste rather than something that's not necessarily "better" or "worse". Really, thanks for your post MAD.

•••
.com its cheap but if I have the money I'll buy both just to protect my brand

•••
.com its cheap but if I have the money I'll buy both just to protect my brand

If you buy the .com at 3000 your brand is already protected, would you really spend 10 times more for a .love? Normal internet users don't even know it is a domain name. You spend 30.000 to get maybe in one year 30 visits from other domainers. 1000 each click and zero gain. Is maybe better to put a full page ad in some magazines with that money if you have?

Last edited:
•••
If you buy the .com at 3000 your brand is already protected, would you really spend 10 times more for a .love? Normal internet users don't even know it is a domain name. You spend 30.000 to get maybe in one year 30 visits from other domainers. 1000 each click and zero gain. Is maybe better to put a full page ad in some magazines with that money if you have?

Yes i would, i like to dream big

•••
Yes i would, i like to dream big

If you read my first post in this thread you will see I purchased a .com for developing at around $3500 maybe a few hundreds more I dont recall now and I buyed the matching gtld to protect my brand. It was just 100 usd but after one year it didn't bring any traffic. I let it drop, because it was useless. What is the dream in spending 30.000 in a (probably) useless domain for the .com owner?

Is a real question, I dont have all the answers I am seriously interested to hear your thinking about this decision as I may learn something new.

Last edited:
•••
@passini just have a look at robbiesblog, he is sharing the domains that owned by some of the brands, these orgs are not buying domains for traffic they buying them for future prospective and brand protection. You know epik.com they also own epik.domains (this is known as brand protection) and i am sure you know about the organic traffic and search ranking, quality of the content matters a lot. So the matching gtld you dropped if someone puts good quality content on it, your site even having .com has already lost the race. Another example is nike.shoes it goes direct to nike.com now .shoes is even worse than .love

Last edited:
•••
I know all this stuff, but the example of op was with one average domain priced 3500 and another lesser domain priced at 30.000. Generic terms hard to trademark, Nike example is a totally different thing.

But I understand your points

•••
Guys this thread, the fanaticism and all the discussions are just silly and wrong.

The success of a business is not relevant with the domain it uses. It's all about how that business is managed, how good the SEO is, and the business strategy it runs.

I have 3 successful businesses on new gTLDs which are also available on App Store and Play Store. I make my living hosting my business on these new G's.

I had a .com competitor for the exact keywords of one of my domains when I published my website. At the end of 2 years, .com competitor has run out of business and for the past 1 year they are trying to sell the domain name on a well known marketplace, crossing their fingers for me to buy them out.

I can't take the stupidity when people say; oh hey the regular internet user are unaware of new G's and they can't remember the new G domain but they can remember the .com version of it. Well these regular domainers are obviously unaware of search engine volumes vs type in volumes, how the traffic is obtained on the internet and they do not have a single idea about what SEO means.

I think the op's question was also very biased. If the question was asked liked this for the business owner:

BringLove.com for $30,000 or Bring.Love for $3,595

And given a budget for the decision maker (which there is always one for a start-up), than I can easily see the results vice versa. Ofcourse there will be some domainers who would argue that because of their biased fanaticism, but I am writing this comment for the rational people out there, not the ones who are wearing the horse blinders. It is true that when a new gTLD is priced right there is a good chance of selling them against .com. Same rule applies vice versa.

I can tell that each day there are more new G's registered by startups since the .com is already taken, in use or for sale with a lot higher pricing than the registry fee of a new G. These numbers will keep growing and you don't have to be Nostradamus to forecast that. If you are not aware of that already, you should take some time off on namePros and perhaps spend more time on the other side of the internet.

Last but not least, criticizing the investment of a fellow domainer on a public forum which gets indexed by Google; is not nice, it is rude and cruel. OP should have asked for a permission of the domain owners which he obviously knew he would get refused to post it on here.

On the other hand there is a legal end of this situation. You could have been sued for damaging the brand reputation, serious stuff..

•••
BringLove.com for 300 and bring.love for 9.89

•••
Logical is only two : 1 and 0

Emotional : Unpredicable, change every time

Personal : its your right, no one can control your opinion

Summary : Real Market Value Today

Proper Logical

word.Extension1 vs word.Extension2

Bring. Com vs Bring. Love ( Most of buyers would go to pick Bring.Com)

How about BringLove. Com vs Bring.Love

Its not only logical matters, but more emotional aspect, personal and no one knows what buyers opinion in the future after they taka a lot of time to compare certain extension in new market

•••
Bring.love more catchy than BringLove.com

Bring.love = Domain Hacks

BringLove.com = There is a .com there, maybe the buyer doesn't like it

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back