Dynadot

BringLove.com for $3,595 or Bring.Love for $30,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BringLove.com for $3,595 or Bring.Love for $30,000 - Which One For Your Business?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is no poll! As an end user or as a domainer, the answer is a no-brainer - .COM rules

•••
The choice is clear.
BringLove.com for $3,595

•••
I think it would be more realistic to compare it differently.

It should be BringLove.com for $30,000 vs Bring.Love for $3,595.

Because this is much closer to the real world situation

Last edited:
•••
What a nice thread, @JB Lions ...so to your kind attention:

1. I do not remember I have ever authorized you to publicly discuss my investment domain name Bring / Love, nor I have authorized you to discuss it's quality, or to create public voting on it on Namepros.com. If I would like to get its appraisal from someone here, I would put it to the Appraisal section of this domain forum.

2. I also do not believe you have authorization from Huge / Domains, owner of the BringLove / com to discuss their domain name or to create some voting on it, or to publicly deliberate about their pricing.

3. You personally might like (or not - I sure not) the pricing of some of the domain names in my portfolio, but this does not give you the right to publicly discuss them in this manner.

If you are not aware of it, I am explicitly reminding you to now that I have paid for this domain name, I am paying for its renewals, and it is my personal investment asset.

4. Any further misinformation in this thread which you have created without my authorization (as for example incorrect information and/or insinuations about high renewal price of Bring / Love, as seen in post no.12 from @Samer, while the real renewal price for the name is only $12), plus any other incorrect/non-factual statements in this thread has potential to tamper with reselling value of this domain assets, thus producing financial damage to me.

5. You have been repeatedly attacking my personal reputation in the past (all your posts are recorded and stored at Namepros), now it seems you focused on my domain names.

6. You are long term member here and I believe you must be aware that Namepros threads are being indexed very quickly. Your actions are already influencing Google Search results: see below

BringLoveSearchResults_12082020.JPG

The name is already indexed.

In case seller of BringLove / com would like to increase price in future, this thread and the price you stated for the BringLove / com in the thread name can act as a psychological price anchor, thus preventing the potential resale of BringLove / com for the higher price (as the buyer can refer to this thread in negotiation). This might damage the resale value of BringLove / com under some specific circumstances. So you are tampering and potentially damaging their asset too (not sure if you have realized that at all).

7. What you did with Google indexing to BringLove / com, you are of course doing to Bring / Love in an even more serious manner.

8. I do value freedom of speech but in my honest opinion, you are crossing the line here.

9. My suggestion to you: if you want to create heated .com VS new gTLD debate here, sure, why not, but use your own domain names - register word1.word2, then register its counterpart, word1word2.com, PAY for them with your own money, and then you can discuss everything here. But do not start jumping to other investors' domain portfolios (and especially mine) and using their assets for this kind of debate or voting.

10.Thanks for your understanding JB. Saying above, I do respect your opinions about various topics, even they are sometimes strong for my personal taste, and I do many times agree with them (except views you hold on new gTLDs, which I think are almost 100% incorrect). So again, if you miss heated debates, you can go as per point 9.

@Mod Team Alfa @Mod Team Echo @Mod Team Bravo - when time allows that, please kindly check if the thread complies with your platform rules, thank you :)

•••

1. I do not remember I have ever authorized you to publicly discuss my investment domain name Bring / Love, nor I have authorized you to discuss it's quality, or to create public voting on it on Namepros.com. If I would like to get its appraisal from someone here, I would put it to the Appraisal section of this domain forum.

2. I also do not believe you have authorization from Huge / Domains, owner of the BringLove / com to discuss their domain name or to create some voting on it, or to publicly deliberate about their pricing.

3. You personally might like (or not - I sure not) the pricing of some of the domain names in my portfolio, but this does not give you the right to publicly discuss them in this manner.

If you are not aware of it, I am explicitly reminding you to now that I have paid for this domain name, I am paying for its renewals, and it is my personal investment asset.

4. Any further misinformation in this thread which you have created without my authorization (as for example incorrect information and/or insinuations about high renewal price of Bring / Love, as seen in post no.12 from @Samer, while the real renewal price for the name is only $12), plus any other incorrect/non-factual statements in this thread has potential to tamper with reselling value of this domain assets, thus producing financial damage to me.

5. You have been repeatedly attacking my personal reputation in the past (all your posts are recorded and stored at Namepros), now it seems you focused on my domain names.

6. You are long term member here and I believe you must be aware that Namepros threads are being indexed very quickly. Your actions are already influencing Google Search results: see below

Show attachment 163591

In case seller of BringLove / com would like to increase price in future, this thread and the price you stated for the BringLove / com in the thread name can act as a psychological price anchor, thus preventing the potential resale of BringLove / com for the higher price (as the buyer can refer to this thread in negotiation). This might damage the resale value of BringLove / com under some specific circumstances. So you are tampering and potentially damaging their asset too (not sure if you have realized that at all).

7. What you did with Google indexing to BringLove / com, you are of course doing to Bring / Love in an even more serious manner.

8. I do value freedom of speech but in my honest opinion, you are crossing the line here.

9. My suggestion to you: if you want to create heated .com VS new gTLD debate here, sure, why not, but use your own domain names - register word1.word2, then register its counterpart, word1word2.com, PAY for them with your own money, and then you can discuss everything here. But do not start jumping to other investors' domain portfolios (and especially mine) and using their assets for this kind of debate or voting.

10.Thanks for your understanding JB. Saying above, I do respect your opinions about various topics, even they are sometimes strong for my personal taste, and I do many times agree with them (except views you hold on new gTLDs, which I think are almost 100% incorrect). So again, if you miss heated debates, you can go as per point 9.

@Mod Team Alfa @Mod Team Echo @Mod Team Bravo - when time allows that, please kindly check if the thread complies with your platform rules, thank you :)

You literally used the name in your article. If you don't want people to discuss it, why do you start threads linking to an article talking about it? Because you wanted to promote it.

You mean we have repeatedly gotten in discussions in the past about new gtlds where we disagreed? It's a domain forum, what do you expect to get discussed? You started numerous threads on them in a discussion forum, so discussions happen. That's how forums work.

Last edited:
•••
This thread and the voting is for educational purposes and not done out of malice.
I would like to believe the domain name is coincidence, could've been anything else, e.g. moneylove[dot]com against money[dot]love

Just my opinion.

•••
•••
:xf.grin: Your example makes me think of of the hip-hop artist from the late 80's-early 90's: Monie Love
MonieLove/com is registered and for sale by GD brokers. seems the name rings bell in some quarters, must have value.

•••
This thread and the voting is for educational purposes and not done out of malice.
I would like to believe the domain name is coincidence, could've been anything else, e.g. moneylove[dot]com against money[dot]love

Just my opinion.

Educational purpose is not an excuse. We should get agreement from the domain owners before creating the poll because the domains are not our assets. If someone choose a domain from your portfolio and then create a educational poll to ask whether the domain is worthless or overpriced, what will you think and how will you feel? Please respect others. This is basic for being a good human.

Also, this poll and the domain are not coincidence. This poll was created intentionally. Please read the first post of this thread about why the poll creator started the poll. He could actually use "word1.word2" and "word1word2.com" to replace real domains to start the poll, but he didn't do so.

Last edited:
•••
Educational purpose is not an excuse. We should get agreement from the domain owners before creating the poll because the domains are not our assets. If someone choose a domain from your portfolio and then create a educational poll to ask whether the domain is worthless or overpriced, what will you think and how will you feel? Please respect others. This is basic for being a good human.

Also, this poll and the domain are not coincidence. This poll was created intentionally. Please read the first post of this thread about why the poll creator started the poll. He could actually use "word1.word2" and "word1word2.com" to replace real domains to start the poll, but he didn't do so.

It was actually in response to the replies he was making in the thread, using the example he used in his article.

Last edited:
•••
It was actually in response to the replies he was making in the thread, using the example he used in his article.

But you did not get agreement from him and Huge Domains before starting this poll.

Please be ethical and respect others.

Last edited:
•••
But you did not get agreement from him before starting this poll.

Please be ethical and respect others.

I went over that already. If you start a thread in a discussion forum talking about something or linking to an article, then people can discuss it. What did I use at the beginning? "Inspired by" then linked to his post. He told be to log off, asked me which one would I remember, talking about $1 .coms. That got me checking.

Another recent thread talking about pricing and TM's - https://www.namepros.com/threads/abject-stupidity.1203417/

They bought an ad at NP, people will discuss it.

If you don't want people to discuss, don't start threads on it.

On a side note, that PewDiePie example left out the fact he owns the .com and it's forwarding to his YouTube channel. You start talking about getting names in case you Social Media account goes down, then use an example talking about something else, a store.

http://www.pewdiepie.com

Another side note, I didn't even know Huge Domains owned it, I saw that price typing it into GoDaddy. Says nothing about Huge Domains, and they wouldn't have a problem with it. It's not super secret info. These prices are all public.

Last edited:
•••

I said in my opinion, the thread is educative and informative. And I'am still of that opinion, regardless. Thanks.

•••
I went over that already. If you start a thread in a discussion forum talking about something or linking to an article, then people can discuss it.

Another recent thread talking about pricing and TM's - https://www.namepros.com/threads/abject-stupidity.1203417/

If you don't want people to discuss, don't start threads on it.

On a side note, that PewDiePie example left out the fact he owns the .com and it's forwarding to his YouTube channel. You start talking about getting names in case you Social Media account goes down, then use an example talking about something else, a store.

http://www.pewdiepie.com

He started a thread, then you should discuss on that thread, not create a new poll thread without his agreement. If you were him, what would you think and what would you feel if someone started a poll like this poll without your permission? If you still think it is ok, then please don't complain when someone create a poll about your domains in the future.

•••
He started a thread, then you should discuss on that thread, not create a new poll thread without his agreement. If you were him, what would you think and what would you feel if someone started a poll like this poll without your permission? If you still think it is ok, then please don't complain when someone create a poll about your domains in the future.

You had the same reading struggles in some other thread. The one where you tried to debate stats with the owner of a stat site. Reread my last post. You might have missed some stuff I added. I'm not going to keep typing the same stuff over and over again.

"If you still think it is ok, then please don't complain when someone create a poll about your domains in the future."

Again, if I start a thread on a domain in a discussion forum, why would I complain? If I didn't want people to discuss it, then obviously I wouldn't start a thread on it.

If you started a thread here, linking to an article, talking about one of your domains, don't get shocked people talk about it in a .............discussion forum.

Last edited:
•••
•••
All you said is just want to escape from the fact that they spent $200,000 to buy and use Shop(.app) and let Shop/App(.com) be unused. $200,000 is a large amount that may need approval from the top executives (CFO/CTO/CMO) in Shopify. Do you think the top executives approved such deal emotionally without a reasonable reason? You should face the fact and think about why Shopify did so.

Exactly. it’s madness.
do they pay thousands per year prem renew?

Nobody mention mindlessly pay prem renew

Show attachment 163591

Classy post as always, @Brands.International. This is how you disagree, folks. That said, you fail mention
“premium renewals” which in fact apply shopify; and where is .app $12 renew?
Google (registry) has it at $14 and if no “prem” and... that’s if not reserved by the registry.
For the sake’s of fairness, i’ll focus on
“premium renewals” which doesnt exist .COM
other than $8.xx renewal - no premium renew-
Though it also comes at a cost.

Supply and demand plays factor.
Price should have been at or lower $3595 imo
“.com “recognized” even if yours is shorter

JB worded the poll as neutral as possible;
The mistake was the ridiculous high ask;
i believe you should price at or lower .COM
(if the .COM equivalent is on the market) but
what i know? mybe Results wouldnt b as skew

Last edited:
•••
I said in my opinion, the thread is educative and informative. And I'am still of that opinion, regardless. Thanks.

That is my opinion to state that you misunderstand the purpose of this thread and let other members know this poll is problematic.

•••
That is my opinion to state that you misunderstand the purpose of this thread and let other members know this poll is problematic.

I think the person who started the thread, me, would probably know more than you. Again, I went over that in the previous post. Did you read it? Did you miss the "inspired by" part linking to the post? Did you even read his article?

Last edited:
•••
Exactly. it’s madness.
do they pay thousands per year prem renew?

Nobody mention mindlessly pay prem renew

They have bought many domains. Do you think they don't know they need to pay renewal? Do you think they did not know the premium renewal before the purchase? Are you underestimating their intelligence and experience in buying domains?

Please be wise and think twice before posting. They are more professional than you. There are performance appraisals for every decision they made. It is strongly related to their bonus. It is not their madness, maybe yours.

•••
I think the person who started the thread, me, would probably know more than you. Again, I went over that in the previous post. Did you read it? Did you miss the "inspired by" part linking to the post? Did you even read his article?

Did you read my posts in this thread? If not, please read and then you will know this poll is very problematic.

•••
They have bought many domains. Do you think they don't know they need to pay renewal? Do you think they did not know the premium renewal before the purchase? Are you underestimating their intelligence and experience in buying domains?

Please be wise and think twice before posting. They are more professional than you. There are performance appraisals for every decision they made. It is strongly related to their bonus. It is not their madness, maybe yours.

What? dude it’s a barrier to entry if u ngtld

And other than supply & demand
(in this case lower demand to .com IMO..
it’s madness, selfishness, self inflict shooting

Last edited:
•••
Did you read my posts in this thread? If not, please read and then you will know this poll is very problematic.

It's actually probably helping him. It's 46-2 and those 2 votes were joke votes. He's asked for help from members here before on whether he should renew some of his domains. He started a thread on that as well. This goes to pricing your domains. If you own a new gtld, you should check what the comparable .com is selling for. Buyers will.

•••
What? dude it’s a barrier to entry if u ngtld

And other than supply & demand
(in this case lower demand to .com IMO..
it’s madness, selfishness, self inflict shooting

You further proves this poll is asking wrong group of people. Business owners (Shopify) VS domainers (you).

We immediately know there is a big difference in using domains for business between business owners and domainers.

•••
It's actually probably helping him. It's 46-2 and those 2 votes were joke votes. He's asked for help from members here before on whether he should renew some of his domains. He started a thread on that as well. This goes to pricing your domains. If you own a new gtld, you should check what the comparable .com is selling for. Buyers will.

You should help him in his threads instead of starting an unauthorized poll.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back