IT.COM

BrandRoot Experience...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gina ferrano

Established Member
Impact
Since there's a thread for Namerific and BB, I started a thread on BR. What are people's experiences?
Jury is still out...not sure if I should submit more names, as names pending in the cue waiting for logos jumped back 20 spaces. What's the turn around time? On the front end, names being approved are on par with namerific, BB is very slow, w/o a yay or a nay, though maybe once the names are approved it may be faster going into the description, logo stage.

Also, paying more than $100 on logos for names valued at under 2k, is it worth it to pay more. Does it make a difference? How long to wait till name is published? Do the logo designers pick and choose? The $10 fee, what does that insure? The idea behind BR is a sped up process, how long must one wait...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hve www, not @ or * --I guess my error is there. Gonna go fix it.

About .htaccess, I'm not totally sure their scripts will pick it up.I've used PHP headers to no avail.Maybe .htaccess would work, still

Where are your names registered? You may want to call them to help solve the problem as I did with GD. Names could be forwarded correctly but as in the case with the zone file, the numbers were off so I had to manually change to fix the problem.

•••
Thanks for the info. The are at namechep.I have www, @, and * now set up. Still, n dice. 'll give it the night (it could be a propagation issue) and if nothing happens, I'll contact namcheap support.

Where are your names registered? You may want to call them to help solve the problem as I did with GD. Names could be forwarded correctly but as in the case with the zone file, the numbers were off so I had to manually change to fix the problem.

•••
I don't think propagation is my prob. Exactly, what #s were off for you? Looks like I'll have to contact namecheap, but what all should I tell them? Any input you could give me would be most helpful/appreciated

•••
I don't think propagation is my prob. Exactly, what #s were off for you? Looks like I'll have to contact namecheap, but what all should I tell them? Any input you could give me would be most helpful/appreciated
Not sure how much help this will be, but this is screenshot of one of my NameCheap registered domain's forwarding setup for BrandRoot.

addzd0.jpg

It worked like charm for me, but to be honest propagation took some time before the whole thing went live.

•••
Thanks for trying to help out a fellow domainer. (or a mostly-retired one like me). This is my setup, too. Still, nothing gives. I have a 3rd accepted, and all 3 are forwarded. But BR's scripts still won't recognize it :|

Not sure how much help this will be, but this is screenshot of one of my NameCheap registered domain's forwarding setup for BrandRoot.

addzd0.jpg

It worked like charm for me, but to be honest propagation took some time before the whole thing went live.

•••
I've never used namecheap, so I'm not familiar, though I would advise you to call namecheap while in your control panel, explain your situation and they should be able to walk your through it. On GD for example in addition to the forward & nameserver settings, there's a tab that says DNS Zone File
It's there I changed the numbers and it was only then when the names forwarded correctly. It only happened on two names, the others names were fine. Worse case scenario transfer your names to another registry like GD.

•••
I spoke with namecheap staff. Here is the beauty of the last 45 minutes:

Eugenia K.: Hello, you've contacted Live Support! Please give me a minute to look through the question you asked.
19:26Randy: BTW I'm Archangel in the thread
19:26Eugenia K.: May I know the domain name in question?
19:27Randy: There are 3:<redacted><redacted><redacted><redacted><redacted><redacted>
19:28Eugenia K.: Thank you
19:29Randy: No prob. I've been trying awhile to fix this on my own. I couldn't, so I'm swallowing my pride and asking for all the help I can get
19:37Eugenia K.: Thank you for your patience. It appears that the forwarding is set correctly
19:37Eugenia K.: Would you please specify the service your issue is connected with – domain names, SSL certificates or hosting services? This information is required for me in order to help you.
19:37Eugenia K.: Please disregard
19:37Eugenia K.: May I know more details about your issue, please?
19:40Randy: All right: I need to have the domains forwarded. The urls the forwarding needs to go to work ie Type in one of my domains nd you'll go to the right page
19:40Randy: My problem:
19:40Randy: A website, brandroot.com, cannot verify that these 3 are forwarded to them
19:41Randy: I was told there is likely something wrong in the zone file
19:41Randy: I was told by a GoDaddy user: If others are having problems go to the DNS zone file, you may have something outdated, you'll need to change those numbers in order for it to work
19:41Eugenia K.: May I know the settings they require?
19:42Randy: Yeah, gimme just a sec
19:43Eugenia K.: Perhaps, the link should be http://www.brandroot.com/names/<redacted><redacted> ?
19:43Randy: All 3 need to be forwarded to the appropriate urls: www.brandroot.com/names/<redacted><redacted> For <redacted><redacted> www.brandroot.com/names/<redacted><redacted> for <redacted><redacted> www.brandroot.com/names/<redacted><redacted> for <redacted><redacted> They forward, but the scripts @ brandbucket.com can't detect them
19:44Randy: This might help:
19:45Randy: This, again, was told to me by the aforementioned GoDaddy user: Where are your names registered? You may want to call them to help solve the problem as I did with GD. Names could be forwarded correctly but as in the case with the zone file, the numbers were off so I had to manually change to fix the problem.
19:47Eugenia K.: I am afraid it is hard to say what "numbers" that user meant
19:49Randy: I know. I was hoping you had n idea. Have you ever encountered this issue before? It's strange to me. I can't figure it out
19:50Eugenia K.: Just a moment, please
19:50Eugenia K.: May I know if you tried to contact Brandroot?
19:51Randy: All right
19:53Eugenia K.: Are you selling the domain at brandbucket.com or at brandroot.com?
19:54Randy: I've tried, yeah. They were no help. I'm trying to list these 3 domains @ brandroot. I need to verify these domains by forwarding them to the links I mentioned. Their scripts say the forwarding doesn't work, although typing in the domains sends you to the forwarded url properly
19:55Randy: brandroot. I can't stand brandbucket lol
19:56Eugenia K.: Can you please copy-paste the instructions from Brandroot?
19:56Randy: To verify this domain you will need to forward it to this address. Click to copy: www.brandroot.com/names/<redacted><redacted> - See more at: http://www.brandroot.com/verify#sthash.gjjI9lSj.dpuf
19:57Randy: And the urls are as posted above
19:58Eugenia K.: I see. Did you try to set a simple URL redirect instead of 301 redirect?
19:59Randy: Yeah. It didn't work so after few days, I tried the 301
20:05Eugenia K.: I see, unfortunately we cannot check why the scripts do not see the forwarding
20:05Eugenia K.: As you can see it is working fine
20:05Eugenia K.: So, the best option is to resolve the issue with Brandroot
20:06Eugenia K.: Perhaps, there are some issues with their scripts

Thanks for wasting my time, Eugenia.I'm gonna transfer these to GoDaddy

•••
Are you sure your domains are using Namecheap name servers ?
On a side note, I would always advise using a third party DNS service. It makes transfers easier too because you don't depend on the DNS service of the registrar.

•••
They were, yeah. But I just transferred them. So I'll see what GD can do

EDIT: It all works just fine now. Finally

Are you sure your domains are using Namecheap name servers ?
On a side note, I would always advise using a third party DNS service. It makes transfers easier too because you don't depend on the DNS service of the registrar.

•••
@Archangel I'm very sorry that you're having so much trouble with this. Our script actually indicates that your names are successfully verifying. You can use this to quickly check that they are successful (if they are the same names you wrote us about recently.) Try to log into your account now and press the verify button.

•••
It's cool. I planned on transferring these 3 eventually, anyway. They are now @ GoDaddy and all 3 are now verified

@Archangel I'm very sorry that you're having so much trouble with this. Our script actually indicates that your names are successfully verifying. You can use this to quickly check that they are successful (if they are the same names you wrote us about recently.) Try to log into your account now and press the verify button.

•••
Just sold my very first domain at Brandroot after 2 weeks it get listed there. Anyone here knows how long it takes Brandroot to deposit $ to my paypal account ? Thanks

•••
Is the sale complete? ie Did you close Escrow?

Just sold my very first domain at Brandroot after 2 weeks it get listed there. Anyone here knows how long it takes Brandroot to deposit $ to my paypal account ? Thanks

•••
Yes, the sale is now completed. They sent money to my PayPal acct yesterday. I submitted my domain on 08/26, they approved it on 08/30, paid $10 listing fee same day, then waited until 09/16 to have logo and went live on their site. Received an offer on 09/22, replied with counter offer. Domain sold on 09/26. Money in my PayPal acct on 09/27.

I have 9 domains live on their site, sold 1. I hope to sell the rest fast

•••
Thanks for that info. It gives he rest of us an idea what to expect if we sell a domain there. I have 3, so we'll see

Yes, the sale is now completed. They sent money to my PayPal acct yesterday. I submitted my domain on 08/26, they approved it on 08/30, paid $10 listing fee same day, then waited until 09/16 to have logo and went live on their site. Received an offer on 09/22, replied with counter offer. Domain sold on 09/26. Money in my PayPal acct on 09/27.

I have 9 domains live on their site, sold 1. I hope to sell the rest fast

•••
Thanks for letting us know mreynolds, congrats btw! I have 5 published, the other 4 waiting for logos. Hoping to sell some;) Unfortunately there's quite a backlog of names waiting to be looked at ATM.

•••
If I may ask, have you sold any at Brandroot? I have 3 there (all awaiting logos), and I'm just curious if anyone else had a sale there

Thanks for letting us know mreynolds, congrats btw! I have 5 published, the other 4 waiting for logos. Hoping to sell some;) Unfortunately there's quite a backlog of names waiting to be looked at ATM.

•••
If I may ask, have you sold any at Brandroot? I have 3 there (all awaiting logos), and I'm just curious if anyone else had a sale there
I haven't sold any yet, 3 names published with 6 waiting in the wings as of 2 weeks ago.
Curious about the back up of names. It's been two weeks w/o a yay or nay, numbers haven't moved either. I decided to wait before I submit more names.

•••
They've seemingly gotten faster the last 24 hours. I've had 3 waiting @ 285 or so (for review) fr a week, I think. They moved up 100 in 24 hours. I have 3 in the logo stage. 2 have been in the "we're writing something" step for weeks. The 3rd went from about 103 in line to 56 in 24 hours. So I'm just gonna have to wait and see.

I haven't sold any yet, 3 names published with 6 waiting in the wings as of 2 weeks ago.
Curious about the back up of names. It's been two weeks w/o a yay or nay, numbers haven't moved either. I decided to wait before I submit more names.

•••
Suddenly I had a few names shoot up and approved...looks like things are finally moving again!
I may get on board with the logo designing too, not only will it help expedite, but I won't have to pay the $10 per listing which can get add up pretty quick.:$::$::$:

•••
From what I can see, the $10 fee is merely to list/doesn't factor into a logo. But I could be wrong.

I've submitted 3 more.1 yes/1 no/1 pending. But I now have 1 live and should have the logos for 2 more within a day. Seems they're being quicker lately

•••
It seems mine are getting pushed backwards in the queue for logo design.

•••
I've had similar with my domains. Funnily, one logo was finished the day after it was reserved & the other 2, which both were in the 'final writing stage' the day before, had their logos made. They're just weird like that.

It seems mine are getting pushed backwards in the queue for logo design.

•••
I've had similar with my domains. Funnily, one logo was finished the day after it was reserved & the other 2, which both were in the 'final writing stage' the day before, had their logos made. They're just weird like that.

I don't know if logos for other names are rejected and/or someone failed to produce one in the allotted time and was back in the queue to be reserved by someone else. As now one of mine has been reserved despite it being circa 50th in queue 12 hours ago.

•••
My own experience: I had one that was stuck around 150 in line, but t came down about 10-25 a day for a few days, while the rest of mine were in 'description mode.' One day, my 1 awaiting resevation went from about 95 to reserved. The rest of mine went from final-writng to reserved within 24 hours. They're just odd like that

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back