NameSilo

BrandBucket Experience

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by xtremex, May 16, 2013

Replies:
Views:

1. London555

London555 Top Contributor VIP

Would someone please comment on their experience with Namerific vs. BrandBucket. re: Time to publish-sales-price etc. Thank you.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. London555

Just send BB a support note they reply pretty fast.

3. svede

svede Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I encountered that as well.... and once I had completed everything to do it still took 1.5-2 days before I could submit more which was odd.

4. London555

Svede-has BrandBucket or Namerific sold any of your names for you or just listed them so far? Thank you.

5. thekiller

thekiller Top Contributor VIP

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  6. campout

campout Top Contributor VIP

Ehh so we will have to pay $10 for each listing now?

7. thekiller

8. Nazz

Nazz Top Member PRO VIP

9. Lightthrower

Lightthrower Established Member

And it is signed "Michael Krell". Good luck Michael, you're gonna need it for this upcoming shitstorm :P

Thanks for the headsup the killer.

10. London555

This will def. slow down submissions if that's what they are trying for.re $10 for each submission-but it should also speed things up with less names going in. How can you pay to put your name with 14,000 others? lol

11. cocaseco

cocaseco Top Contributor VIP

@Beezy You can't remove or delete them? @London555 Agreed Julia is the best and a BB star.

Does anyone else think that the bar has been raised in terms of name quality over the last few weeks? I know from experience that the logo quality bar has indeed been raised, but I also feel like they are rejecting more names that would have been accepted in the past. There is change in the air at BB on a variety of fronts, as if they hired someone new.

12. soccertrick

soccertrick Established Member

13. thekiller

Felt same, they rejected my last 50 submissions.

14. hookbox

hookbox Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Their submissions are going to drop like a rock. Quality of submissions will go up and Quantity will go down. It will end up being a closed society with only a handful of sellers submitting names.

This is exactly why I left them. They could care less about you, it's all about them. They used all of you to get a large list of names and now they are kicking you to the curb and using your traffic to sell their names.

All of the BrandBucket groupies are finally going to show their true colors and give real opinions of this company now that they have to pay 10 bucks per name.

The fireworks started early this July 4th weekend. Who loves Michael Krell now?

15. slimjim270

slimjim270 Account Closed (Requested)

@michaeljkrell -

I would like to offer a suggestion...

As you fade out the prior "Credit" earning system, why not blend in a new one... "Credits" for (10) free listings with every name that is sold through BrandBucket.

If the business objective is to sell names and your goal is to reward those who provide names that sell, this new model would be a system that directly rewards that objective.

Your thoughts?

-Jim

16. London555

I just now noticed it was signed by Michael Krell. Surprised he made such a misstep so early in his new job-lol That said he seems to be a nice guy and if it's a poor move he'll correct it. Myself-i wont pay Ill go to Namerific or the new CompanyName.com but that's just me.

17. DANEYAL

DANEYAL Top Contributor VIP

Delighted to See the Fantastic logo for touristblock.
    Thanks to the Person who made it.
    Delighted with the TOP NOTCH superb Class BrandBucket Services.

18. London555

This is a BIG PLUS for Namerific and I happen to like Mike there anyway and they publish much faster than BB.

19. 12345

12345 Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Always appreciate your honest feedback, but this might be a bit dramatic ;)

20. 12345

12345 Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hi, Jim. This is a very good suggestion. We are definitely looking into seller "reward programs". Thanks!

21. London555

Michael-don't you think a 30% cut to BrandBucket with zero risk other than your advertising is enough to cover the cost of a logo?

22. cocaseco

cocaseco Top Contributor VIP

To be clear, raising the bar is a positive. Honestly, I know I started just throwing everything at them rather than screening for what I thought were really good brandables. Assuming everyone did that, it may have contributed to the backlog. While that lowered my acceptance rate substantially, I did get a couple of listings that I would not have had as I didn't think they were good brandables. That said, I feel like I am using them, not them using me.

I'm not sure if I qualify as a BB groupie (Maybe I can get a Brand Bucket Groupie badge here on Namepros), but to be clear I have never used the vote system and have paid for every domain they have accepted. Saving $10 is simply not worth the time and hassle of clicking endlessly, so that was never an important factor for me anyway. My time to click 100+X is better spent looking for new domains.

23. hookbox

Maybe, but It will be interesting to watch. :)

24. London555

I just got an email and BrandBucket wants $10 for the Groupie Badges. lol

25. hookbox

People will continue to throw everything at them because you don't have to pay to submit you only have to pay to list. This will however weed out all those that know they will have to pay if a name does get accepted.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice