IT.COM

BrandBucket buys Brandroot

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This statement has just been released by BrandBucket

I am excited to announce that I have reached an agreement with Michael Rader, the owner of Brandroot.com, for BrandBucket to acquire the assets of Brandroot.

Over the next few months the leadership of both platforms will be joining forces and combining their experience and resources to work towards the unified goal of getting the most exposure possible for all of the domain name inventory on both platforms. This includes streamlining the operations of the sales and support teams, and merging all marketing efforts.

I and the whole team at BrandBucket are proud to be working with Mr. Rader, who has built a strong brand and who’s marketplace shares the same core mission and goals as BrandBucket: Equality for all sellers, fair and reasonable pricing, and a superior buyer experience from first visit to close of sale.

As a BrandBucket seller, you will be benefiting from the attention of new support staff, and from the addition of great inventory to the marketplace which drives more visitors to the site, meaning more eyes on your names. We will also be maximizing traffic from the great content on Brandroot.com and from links that Mr. Rader has created over the years.

You can read the official press release here: BrandBucket Inc Acquires Brandroot LLC

I’m happy to answer any questions you may have. I can be reached on the BrandBucket Slack board, or by email at [email protected].

Best regards,

Margot Bushnaq
Founder and CEO, BrandBucket

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Growth in innovation and platform advancements can be a good thing for business but a growth in inventory can lead to oversaturation. In my opinion (which isn't worth much) BB was at its best when there were below 10,000 listings and quality was the name of the game. Once it became oversaturated seller's looked for another outlet which is why BR became the go to marketplace. I'm not so sure that swallowing the competition is in the best interests of the seller.

I don't know how many potential buyers we've had at Brandroot that couldn't find something they wanted and then found a brandable elsewhere. And that's with every business. Can't find it, go somewhere else. That's why I sought to grow the site in the 10s of thousands of names. With that came more sales and more happy sellers. It's business as usual, grow or get out.

Platform innovations are only worth it when you have a large and growing customer base. Larger inventory translates to larger selection resulting in repeat buyers and more leads. Wal Mart, Amazon, eBay, all of them, need more vendors to supply more inventory to wash out the competition. Vendors choose Amazon over other places for obvious reasons, the site offers more and they know it results in more customers.

Sellers can sell wherever they want, but it makes business sense to go where the most customers go, not where the least inventory is.

•••
I don't know how many potential buyers we've had at Brandroot that couldn't find something they wanted and then found a brandable elsewhere. And that's with every business. Can't find it, go somewhere else. That's why I sought to grow the site in the 10s of thousands of names. With that came more sales and more happy sellers. It's business as usual, grow or get out.

Platform innovations are only worth it when you have a large and growing customer base. Larger inventory translates to larger selection resulting in repeat buyers and more leads. Wal Mart, Amazon, eBay, all of them, need more vendors to supply more inventory to wash out the competition. Vendors choose Amazon over other places for obvious reasons, the site offers more and they know it results in more customers.

Sellers can sell wherever they want, but it makes business sense to go where the most customers go, not where the least inventory is.
I can't argue with that, that's business and I'm happy for all involved. We all like a success story. I remember when BR first started and people on this forum were asking if it was a legit site etc and to come this far is amazing. I also remember when having a name accepted at BB or BR was used almost as a badge of honour. Now it means nothing. Just another marketplace.

•••

Just a quick point on this...

Whilst customers do go to where the most inventory is, for the seller (which most of us are) its a double edged sword as you tend to get lost in the crowd. If you're selling something on Amazon or Ebay you're competing with thousands of others selling the same thing which impacts prices. There is a place for the Sedos and Flippas in this industry (clearly) but I like to think there is also a place for the BB and BR of old too. Anyway I don't want to put a downer on an amazing achievement. Congrats and I wish you every success going forward.

Last edited:
•••
I posted a copy of Rader's email to BR sellers -- that is my only involvement. I know only what's posted in this thread, same as everyone else. (y)

PS in late 2018..... BrandBucket and I decided the Brand Ambassador program had run it's course and outlived its usefulness. So the program was discontinued and I retired from that position but I still have a large portfolio of domains listed at BB. [link in my signature] :)

OK. That explains it. For me, that third post reads like you were the one who owned and sold BrandRoot. You made no mention that it was a copy of Michael's post which you were copying here for information :)

•••
5l brandable requires exposure. Bb makes sure to hide them for any top search or category.

I wouldn't say that but each domain name gets the same time at the top but due to the sheer amount of domain names it has at its disposal due to a lot of new brandable market places having been founded since Bb etc people are starting to use these as well but when a domain name on Bb slowly drifts to the bottom it seems to stay there

Whereas the website should operate like a washing machine Eg in a circular motion that keeps rotating the domain name stock randomly

•••
I wouldn't say that but each domain name gets the same time at the top but due to the sheer amount of domain names it has at its disposal due to a lot of new brandable market places having been founded since Bb etc people are starting to use these as well but when a domain name on Bb slowly drifts to the bottom it seems to stay there

Whereas the website should operate like a washing machine Eg in a circular motion that keeps rotating the domain name stock randomly

You mean just one way of browsing, chronological, which is also minor one. When someone searches by a keyword, like tech, health, then it is by fixed relevance or pseudo relevance in this case and the names you submitted won't be on front pages. They won't be in premium name lists either.

Xefio and caqy are top 5 results for "tech". That is all you need to know about their relevance algorithm

•••
This topic is a perfect example why both platforms should be maintained at the status quo. Each platform has it's distinct advantages and crowd pleasers. Personally I think forcing a merger to only one company will shrink the user base.

As you can see by the strong feeling of members here, forcing a merger to one platform may come at a price of fewer users.

Share technologies and even databases if necessary but in MY PERSONAL OPINION I think both platforms should be maintained.

•••
You mean just one way of browsing, chronological, which is also minor one. When someone searches by a keyword, like tech, health, then it is by fixed relevance or pseudo relevance in this case and the names you submitted won't be on front pages. They won't be in premium name lists either.

Xefio and caqy are top 5 results for "tech". That is all you need to know about their relevance algorithm

I know what you mean but in the same way it's not a lot different to Google search engine but with a couple of possible exceptions in as much as a person can optimise their listing and if they want to be first listing etc they can be for quite a few quid tho

I'm starting to think a person's socialmedia is a better option Eg to tweet or post on Fri etc

•••
I know what you mean but in the same way it's not a lot different to Google search engine but with a couple of possible exceptions in as much as a person can optimise their listing and if they want to be first listing etc they can be for quite a few quid tho

I'm starting to think a person's socialmedia is a better option Eg to tweet or post on Fri etc

It is much different from Google. If Google would admit that it manually messes with its search to favour itself or affiliated parties, that would be its end.

•••
It is much different from Google. If Google would admit that it manually messes with its search to favour itself or affiliated parties, that would be its end.

As much as I think tweeting a domain is the best marketing method for domain name investors but only if a person has businesses that follow a person etc

But as far as Google etc

I don't think the shift to brand instead of keywords will work as the customer will always type the keywords of the profession or trade they are looking for because if they know a brand they want to use they don't need Google search engine results

•••
As much as I think tweeting a domain is the best marketing method for domain name investors but only if a person has businesses that follow a person etc

But as far as Google etc

I don't think the shift to brand instead of keywords will work as the customer will always type the keywords of the profession or trade they are looking for because if they know a brand they want to use they don't need Google search engine results

And now ... I lost you :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back