IT.COM

BrandBucket Favors Insiders?

NameSilo
Watch
@Grilled @Messiah @Sinh

This here's the "BrandBucket Experience" thread. Your valuable observations will very likely be deleted by mods after BB complains to NB this is "unfriendly" and "not on topic". This is what had happened last time @Grilled raised this exact issue. I suggest starting a new thread on this subject: "BrandBucket Favors Insiders?"

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is a fork of the "BrandBucket Experience" thread, pertaining to allegations that BB's listings and search favor insiders' (founders, management, BB Ambassadors) domains...

We have no names listed with BB. A few accepted, but not acted upon yet after BB's new rules having been introduced and hearing about BB's less than transparent listing/search practices. Still on the fence whether it's worth it and very much interested in hearing both sides' views.

Posts on this subject in the "BrandBucket Experience" thread have been deleted by mods as inappriopriate, hence this new thread, dedicated to this subject matter. Please keep the discussion on point, be courteous and substantiate any observations or allegations with examples/proof.

@Grilled @Messiah

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Domains - Wanted I don't think they should delete such posts. I think these are on topic posts and what we the sellers are experiencing ourselves in regards to BB. If mods are deciding to delete or move such posts, then they must provide a proper answer why they are getting deleted or moved.

I saw @Grilled's post got deleted number of times because mods said it was off topic and accusation. As per my understanding, a factual feedback cannot be considered as accusation. Many people know here that BB owners have stopped responding to any factual claims long ago. If they aren't coming to reply or make a debate, this should not be considered as accusations. This is a feedback about the BB that people are experiencing.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Domains - Wanted I don't think they should delete such posts. I think these are on topic posts and what we the sellers are experiencing ourselves in regards to BB.
I agree. However, it is not for me (or you, for that matter) to dispute NP mods' rulings. We are only members, guests here. NP has final say what they consider appropriate in this thread. I may disagree, but I respect that. Hence my proposed new thread, dedicated to this subject matter. Live and let live :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
If they favour insiders it is not up to me to say as I have not enough evidences to state that, but I think we can say there are interesting coincidences...

This one for example. INPUT : startup (BB home page) 27th July 2017

startup.png

Guess who owns the firs two domains.
Also imo overpriced and with a price increase allowance much higher than for normal users

IT ALSO APPEARS BB SELLS OBVIOUS TM

quadrone.png

Quadrone and Quadrones are TM since 2015

I would also like you to visit

https://www.brandbucket.com/names/search=drone

and see with your own eyes how many domains have pretty much THE EXACT SAME LOGO
in different colours, positions, angles...
Same copy & paste logo for the cheap price of $100 up.
WELL DONE!​

•••
Quadrone and Quadrones are TM since 2015

I own and have owned Quadrone long time before the current trademark - It has also been listed for sale on BB before 2015.

•••
I own and have owned Quadrone long time before the current trademark - It has also been listed for sale on BB before 2015.

It is definitely a great name, there is no doubt about it. But definitely risky business unless the person buying it will use it to sell dolls. The TM law is pretty straightforward for some aspects.

I think, though, that if the owners of the TM wanted to create problems they could try both with BB ( who have listed it in the "drone" category > same category as the TM itself ) and you as the owner for allowing that. But I can be wrong.

•••
But it was listed in that catagory before they trademarked it - I also think they have an obligation to investigate the name before they trademark it - On the other hand, it's so cheap that if they need it, they can just buy it .

•••
But it was listed in that catagory before they trademarked it - I also think they have an obligation to investigate the name before they trademark it

Unfortunately I do not think that is the reality of how things work but I wish you all the best

•••
I'm not an expert either, but I know they have to prove bad intentions and that can be difficult taking the above into account - The only problem I have with the trademark is that it can restrict who the potentiel buyer is.

•••
Unfortunately I do not think that is the reality of how things work but I wish you all the best
Quadrone is priced at only $2,275. No one in their right mind is going to pay an attorney to enforce a trademark when they can just buy it for a little over 2 grand. Enforce the trademark for $5,000 or spend $2,275 and just buy it. No brainer for anyone involved.

•••
Quadrone is priced at only $2,275. No one in their right mind is going to pay an attorney to enforce a trademark when they can just buy it for a little over 2 grand. Enforce the trademark for $5,000 or spend $2,275 and just buy it. No brainer for anyone involved.

Most likely. The point though was that BB is selling TMs though, like I said I wish the seller all the best!

•••
@Grilled

Saw a name come I thought I saw in a recent drop as a new BB listing. Then I went to goo gle. What I expected to get was a bunch of "lab oriented" results. I searched for a "lab" name.

I typed in Re------Labs, curious what google would tell me. Well, the excellent SEO I found BB as second position, so thought I would go to their page. /names

The top 24 spots BB gave me were mostly all not lab's and unrelated, irrelevant names. Like one that had the word Mall in it, what does a shopping mall have to do with a Lab? So digging further, the top positions results were many of the same sellers. So I spent over an hour checking all the whois.

And, unfortunately:

At the top 32 logo positions included:
(5) each on first 2 rows from one seller S
(5) on the 2nd and 3rd row were the scambassador M
(4) more were from another seller with T
(2) from one seller of brands J
(2) from one seller brand markets I have seen.
(2) from one seller L
(1)Then a 3 letter domain at $175,000. comes in there- like where did that come from?
Nothing to do with a lab.

So (21) of top row top results were from 6 sellers.
The rest below the top rows were scattered other people.

This is rigged. I don't want to bother posting the screenshots- unless you want me to. Unless you are one of the "chosen ones", searching on Google isn't going to ever bring your stuff to the top at BB's search.

•••
•••
•••
I just saw this alert. If you reread my post, I mentioned google results, not bb search results. repeated it just now to duplicate for display here but days have elapsed and googles results are different today. They now go direct to the name. Either BB or Google changed. I have screen shots on the other computer. But I ask myself why am I wasting my time here. I am asking myself why get involved anymore. I have concluded its rigged and I should just keep my comments to myself. I need to delist, and do my own thing.

•••
I am always interested in seeing any evidence of things like this - if they exist. It is accusations without evidence that gets annoying.

I would be interested to see the screen shots.

FYI: I did read your post... I am sorry but it wasn't clear - at least to me. Sounded like you went to BB's page to find these results...

Well, the excellent SEO I found BB as second position, so thought I would go to their page. /names

Last edited:
•••
I just saw this alert. If you reread my post, I mentioned google results, not bb search results. repeated it just now to duplicate for display here but days have elapsed and googles results are different today.

I didn't understand your post either.

At the top 32 logo positions included:
(5) each on first 2 rows from one seller S
(5) on the 2nd and 3rd row were the scambassador M
(4) more were from another seller with T
(2) from one seller of brands J
(2) from one seller brand markets I have seen.
(2) from one seller L
(1)Then a 3 letter domain at $175,000. comes in there- like where did that come from?
Nothing to do with a lab.

@offthehandle - I couldn't replicate a 'lab' search to include a 3L.com on page one. Which URL did you use for the above findings?

There are two Lab searches:

https://www.brandbucket.com/names/search=lab (1,229 total)
https://www.brandbucket.com/keyword/lab (480 total)

The first thing I notice is the difference in amount of search results for search=lab VS keyword/lab. In order for a domain to be included in keyword/lab, the keyword has to be mentioned in the description keywords. Whereas to be included in search=lab, 'lab' only has to be included in the domain such as WideLabel or elsewhere in the description. On Page 1 of both, search=lab and keyword/lab, Optic+Tab.com positioned in front of Keyword+Lab(s).com. And to my surprise, the domain isn't owned by an insider. Meaning, this example isn't insider privilege, rather IMO, a bug in their algorithm / description writing process. As keyword 'lab' is included in the Optic+Tab.com description, this highly positioned domain further illustrates the importance of proper descriptions, keywords, and pricing, as positioning is largely dependent on this. Hence the outcry when insider perks such as customizable pricing and description editing came to light.

EDIT: The above findings were set to a default sort by DATE ADDED. When sorting keyword/lab by RELEVANCE, Optic+Tap.com is no longer on page 1 for keyword/lab. The first domain not containing lab to appear in keyword/lab is Home+Genics.com (owned by a BB ambassador) The first domain not containing lab to appear in search=lab is still Optic+Tab.com

Last edited:
•••
@Grilled I wrote above in goo gle search NOT BB search: The point is in goo gle search. Any end user interested in finding names most likely has no clue about the company in question anyway, nor do they care. It's all about finding a name that matches the query. This was 17th search results. My results today 24th, were different as stated, I could not duplicate this as go ogles algo has probably changed.

What I Posted above:
"Saw a name come I thought I saw in a recent drop as a new BB listing. Then I went to goo gle. What I expected to get was a bunch of "lab oriented" results. I searched for a "lab" name."

I was looking for a "Lab", Not a "Mall", nor a "cloud" nor "Crypt" nor finance or an "UMO"..
the results are self evident below as to what I was delivered by google and who owns them all. Check out the whois on the owners. It should reflect exactly what I posted previously.

I really didn't want to post this, as there are going to be people upset their names are shown, but whatever. See who owns the top results in Google Search. That's my point. Only a couple were under whois privacy.

Now, if you repeat this process, over and over IN GOO GLE I would bet that the same owners names would appear again and again.

CM Capture 167.jpg
CM Capture 168.jpg
CM Capture 169.jpg
CM Capture 170.jpg
CM Capture 171.jpg

•••
@offthehandle - The results you are displaying are all names in the BB system, sorted by when they were published in the system. You are viewing https://www.brandbucket.com/names/

It has changed since more names have been published since then... You have to scroll to page 6 or so to get to where you were at. https://www.brandbucket.com/names/page=6 (probably has moved to 7 or more since I posted this)

These names are not sorted in a biased order, they are displayed in the order they were published. It is very common for a seller to publish more than one name at a time - hence why you will see groupings of sellers names.

I am afraid your research was flawed. You followed google straight to BB's general listings. What you are viewing has nothing to do with what you typed in google.

•••
@offthehandle Your post said the top 32 logo positions. The screenshot you posted is of BrandBucket; not Google. Also, when posting screenshots, its helpful to post the originating URL for others to look into.

Not to be rude but do you know the difference between a brandbucket search and a Google search? I assume English is your second language.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back