IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Michael-don't you think a 30% cut to BrandBucket with zero risk other than your advertising is enough to cover the cost of a logo?

The simple answer is that it isn't enough to cover our fixed and variable costs associated with each domain being added to our system.

•••
Delighted to See the Fantastic logo for touristblock.
Thanks to the Person who made it.
Delighted with the TOP NOTCH superb Class BrandBucket Services.

It's a very nice name! I will pass on your enthusiasm to the logo designer.

•••
The simple answer is that it isn't enough to cover our fixed and variable costs associated with each domain being added to our system.
With 14,000 names of which BB sells 6% (or so) a year at a LOW average of $1500 isn't enough to cover the fixed costs? Ok.

•••
No complaints here re the BrandBucket logos-they're actually pretty well done.

•••
I don't believe this, but I'm kind of bored so I'm going to go all infowars/conspiracy theory here:

Krell, the owner of the most names on Brand Bucket, is now instituting policies to keep the rest of us off of Brand Bucket to keep his names visible instead of overcrowded by additional supply.

Again, I don't believe this. I just like when you guys get all riled up.

•••
Having to pay that small $10 will hurt me a bit.
Every domain approved is one less domain I will be able to register and submit.

But if it chases a few submitters away, maybe the inventory will not grow as fast now.

Just got : " coolanalysis " approved today. Getting closer to 25 now.

•••
I don't believe this, but I'm kind of bored so I'm going to go all infowars/conspiracy theory here:

Krell, the owner of the most names on Brand Bucket, is now instituting policies to keep the rest of us off of Brand Bucket to keep his names visible instead of overcrowded by additional supply.

Again, I don't believe this. I just like when you guys get all riled up.
Funny-I didn't even think of that-I'm sure you'll have some replies. lol

•••
With 14,000 names of which BB sells 6% (or so) a year at a LOW average of $1500 isn't enough to cover the fixed costs? Ok.

I'm going to guess you have never ran a real business with physical space, staff and taxes? Using your number that is only $1.26 Million, or $105K/month in GROSS sales, or only $31K at a 30% commission. Honestly, hardly any business with space and staff could survive on that, so I think the estimate is very low. Throw in the fact that CA is a very expensive state to do business in due to very pro employee labor laws and you will find that it takes a tremendous amount of cash to run any enterprise.

•••
I'm going to guess you have never ran a real business with physical space, staff and taxes? Using your number that is only $1.26 Million, or $105K/month in GROSS sales, or only $31K at a 30% commission. Honestly, hardly any business with space and staff could survive on that, so I think the estimate is very low. Throw in the fact that CA is a very expensive state to do business in due to very pro employee labor laws and you will find that it takes a tremendous amount of cash to run any enterprise.
Yes I have actually and sold it to a large firm when I was younger. I know exactly what costs are.

•••
Yes I have actually and sold it to a large firm when I was younger. I know exactly what costs are.
Then how can you even begin to question that 30% commission is enough to pay fixed and variable costs? Based on your suggestions they would be headed to bankruptcy with those numbers. Although they actually appear to be "working" out of a UPS Store for a mailing address, so that does remove a significant amount of costs.

•••
Then how can you even begin to question that 30% commission is enough to pay fixed and variable costs? Based on your suggestions they would be headed to bankruptcy with those numbers. Although they actually appear to be "working" out of a UPS Store for a mailing address, so that does remove a significant amount of costs.
You might want to add in the $10 they have been collecting on most names for starters. So mush for them paying any "rent". The add in any-if there is-kickbacks from logo designers, but wait! There's more! lol

•••
Do you really think this company is not profitable with $31,000 a month in commission? Most of their inventory is at the cost of it's sellers. They share office space with the other Boxador companies and probably have 1 employee that works on a commission based salary or floats between all the Boxador companies. I seriously doubt Michael Krell takes a salary but is probably 100% commission based plus added perks to push his own inventory to buyers.

Not included in this is the $10 listing fee for each name listed. If you count that then it would be an extra $5,000 this week alone in submission fees not counting Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I seriously doubt any of that money actually goes to the logo designer.

This company is easily profitable if they are actually making sales.

•••
A lot of speculation in the last posts.
But I hope they are making money. Who would run a business if it was not for making tons of cash.

•••
Do you really think this company is not profitable with $31,000 a month in commission? Most of their inventory is at the cost of it's sellers. They share office space with the other Boxador companies and probably have 1 employee that works on a commission based salary or floats between all the Boxador companies. I seriously doubt Michael Krell takes a salary but is probably 100% commission based plus added perks to push his own inventory to buyers.

Not included in this is the $10 listing fee for each name listed. If you count that then it would be an extra $5,000 this week alone in submission fees not counting Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I seriously doubt any of that money actually goes to the logo designer.

This company is easily profitable if they are actually making sales.
Exactly. Listen-they're in business and can charge $100 listing fee if they want but to say it's not covering costs is nonsense.

•••
I didn't say that weren't profitable, but I do think it is only marginally profitable. Even with the $10, though it sounded like many people used the clicks. I doubt the profit is what they got into the business for, or hope to achieve. Not having rent is huge. I don't know about there employee situation. If they have no paid employees then they are doing better. But if they have any at all, it gets iffy at $31K in CA. They certainly aren't rolling large.

Anyway, we will likely never know and can only guess. It's their business and if they are profitable or not is not really my business. Who am I to say if they make enough? I hope they make enough to keep the servers on and to remain engaged in the companies success, beyond that I don't care.

•••
I didn't say that weren't profitable, but I do think it is only marginally profitable. Even with the $10, though it sounded like many people used the clicks. I doubt the profit is what they got into the business for, or hope to achieve. Not having rent is huge. I don't know about there employee situation. If they have no paid employees then they are doing better. But if they have any at all, it gets iffy at $31K in CA. They certainly aren't rolling large.

Anyway, we will likely never know and can only guess. It's their business and if they are profitable or not is not really my business. Who am I to say if they make enough? I hope they make enough to keep the servers on and to remain engaged in the companies success, beyond that I don't care.
That doesn't sound the same to me as you're put down to me saying "I guess you've never ran a real business" as you said above. lol

•••
In the last 4 months they added about 6000 domains to their inventory.
If they keep that pace, the small additional $10 will become significant for them.

I don't know what is the ratio of people voting versus paying, but I know smaller like me never paid before. So that will secure a new income for them.

I will have to quick flip a few more 4L each weeks ..ahah

•••
In the last 4 months they added about 6000 domains to their inventory.
If they keep that pace, the small additional $10 will become significant for them.

I don't know what is the ratio of people voting versus paying, but I know smaller like me never paid before. So that will secure a new income for them.

I will have to quick flip a few more 4L each weeks ..ahah
Im curious-will you pay the $10 for each domain to be listed with 14,000 or so others? TY

•••
CloseoutCars.com Turned down by BrandBucket -approved and logo already assigned and published in a few days by Namerific $2,999.

p.s. zero upfront costs

•••
Im curious-will you pay the $10 for each domain to be listed with 14,000 or so others? TY
I will. I wanted to reach 50 published domains. I am at 22 approved now and I still have credits for 4 more so it will cost me 240 to get to 50. I can live with that.

After 50. I'll stop submitting for a while and see if after a year or two I have made a sale or not. A single sale per year would probably make me submit more.

CloseoutCars.com Turned down by BrandBucket -approved and logo already assigned and published in a few days by Namerific $2,999.

You have more success than me with Namerific. I have 22 approved on BB and 0 approved on Namerific in the same period of time.

•••
I will. I wanted to reach 50 published domains. I am at 22 approved now and I still have credits for 4 more so it will cost me 240 to get to 50. I can live with that.

After 50. I'll stop submitting for a while and see if after a year or two I have made a sale or not. A single sale per year would probably make me submit more.

You have more success than me with Namerific. I have 22 approved on BB and 0 approved on Namerific in the same period of time.
BrandBucket is a good company but it's that 14,000 names that gives me pause. As I mentioned Ive had luck with Namerific. Has BB approved names that Namerific turned down?

•••
They share office space with the other Boxador companies and probably have 1 employee that works on a commission based salary or floats between all the Boxador companies.

We don't have a robot that is able to do this quite yet, but we are working on it :)

Outside of logo designers, we have around 10 people that put in a significant amount of hours every week on BB (marketing, operations, sales, editorial, development, etc).

For anyone that is in LA (West Hollywood), feel free to come down to check out our space; there is a lot of good energy. Let me know when you are planning to come down, and I'll let you know if I will be in LA during that time.

•••
BrandBucket is a good company but it's that 14,000 names that gives me pause. As I mentioned Ive had luck with Namerific. Has BB approved names that Namerific turned down?

If in a week if I register 10 domains, I submit 5 on each website .. when rejected, I submit the rejected domains on the other website. NR rejected all my names.

Yes, at least 6-7 of my 22 have been rejected by Namerific first than approved on BB.

•••

How do you get credits?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back