Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If in a week if I register 10 domains, I submit 5 on each website .. when rejected, I submit the rejected domains on the other website. NR rejected all my names.

Yes, at least 6-7 of my 22 have been rejected by Namerific first than approved on BB.

Yeah NR rejects ALOT of names. They want quality before quantity I suppose.

•••
•••
I have 28 accepted out of 104 submitted, all 104 rejected by NR

•••
Without (too) much wish to burst anyone's bubble, I would like to caution everyone to have (at least) one thing in mind. It's the market and end-users/buyers who serve as ultimate validation of one's names' worth. Dealing with brandables is in large extent similar to stumbling in dark within a previously known area; you tend to have a pretty good understanding and appreciation of surrondings, but you can't know with certainty whether a next step will result in switching a light back on or hitting your head hard against a shelf, or a tree you totally forgot about.

That's exactly the reason why there are some people, having mere dozens of names listed with BB, who sell several names a year at least and enjoy double digit yield sales rate wise, as well as those with hundreds of names who can just impatiently twirl their thumbs, waiting for always elusive sales to happen. Quality over quantity should be everybody's mantra, even more so now that there is ever bigger volume of names fighting for same, constricted sales space.

Another, super important thing to keep in mind, is money management. Don't overextend yourself. Just because you hit it big one year and feel like you're on top of the world, doesn't necessarily mean that it's sustainable phenomenon which will keep repeating over and over again.

I started domaining only last year and ended up with net loss of $800 at the end of the year. This year I've made some sales, all brandables by the way, dropped 120 names (further 20-30 to be dropped), renewed over 80 names for a year (250 domains in total and none due for renewal until late February next year) and right now I'm sitting at $95 net profit with 6 months until end of the year (peanuts, I know, but positive peanuts nevertheless), comfortably waiting for more sale(s) to happen.

Take your time, pick names which are likelier to sell (brandables or not) and enjoy the ride. Less fuss, less stress, and ultimately less bitching in the forums too hehe :P Life is too short to waste it on bitterness. Have fun ... and don't forget to count in and pay taxes on your profits, for the sake of enjoying free movement of your hands and other limbs in non-confined area(s) :P

•••
•••
Does anyone else like the idea of a service similar to BB or NR, but instead of designers picking out names, have logo contests for each accepted domain. The contests could have a weighed voting scale where the entire community has a vote on the top logo.

•••
Does anyone else like the idea of a service similar to BB or NR, but instead of designers picking out names, have logo contests for each accepted domain. The contests could have a weighed voting scale where the entire community has a vote on the top logo.

There are delays having one designer make one logo while another designer makes a different logo.
Could you imagine if they we all doing all the logos?

•••
Hi, Jim. This is a very good suggestion. We are definitely looking into seller "reward programs". Thanks!

Giving credits on sales is good, but a lot of "sellers" help growing BB without getting sales for long period (even ever). They should not be left aside.

Having a domain approved could also give 1 credit.
So every 10 names approved would give the seller 1 free.

•••
There are delays having one designer make one logo while another designer makes a different logo.
Could you imagine if they we all doing all the logos?

It would have to have a much lower domain acceptance rate, and most likely a higher sale price for each domain. But I think contests could draw even more attention to the domains. The contests could also have a purchase now option for potential buyers to take over full control over the winning entry upon completed payment.

•••
Giving credits on sales is good, but a lot of "sellers" help growing BB without getting sales for long period (even ever). They should not be left aside.

Having a domain approved could also give 1 credit.
So every 10 names approved would give the seller 1 free.

Good idea. We will take it under consideration!

•••
Felt same, they rejected my last 50 submissions.

I did not notice it. My approval rate is 26%.
And between June 10 and June 28 (my latest reviewed) I had 5 in 19 approved (26,3%) .. so I maintained my crappy performance ..ahah

BTW, its crazy the amount of spam emails I receive from website developers every time I register a new domain. Terrible.

Last edited:
•••
Credit given where credit is due - this short post is in and for appreciation of often mentioned and easily overlooked support lady Julia, whom I have pleasure of dealing with on number of occasions.

Let's infuse this thread with some general positivity. Thank you, Julia :)

•••
@Calvenor I will pass this onto Julia! She is the best!

•••
Credit given where credit is due - this short post is in and for appreciation of often mentioned and easily overlooked support lady Julia, whom I have pleasure of dealing with on number of occasions.

Agreed! Had the "to-do" problem this weekend and she responded very quickly.

•••

Julia's great.

•••
•••
I'm not sure it gets better than PleaseText.me for a "phrase"I ran that by 2 developers before submitting it to BrandBucket and as I said BB rejected it. But thank you for your comments.

if you check on BB, the number of phrases is extremely limited.. plus you're adding .me .... instead of trying to re-invent the wheel, take 20 - 30 mins of your time and go over a few of the pages of accepted names.. it would give you a good sense of what tends to be accepted..

as I have mentioned earlier, more and more it's geared towards tech & finance & company growth (just had about 8 new names accepted), there are some that are different, but they better be really original. If you choose really random stuff.. it simply not going to be accepted, and if you don't have another avenue to sell those names then you just wasted your time & money.

•••
if you check on BB, the number of phrases is extremely limited.. plus you're adding .me .... instead of trying to re-invent the wheel, take 20 - 30 mins of your time and go over a few of the pages of accepted names.. it would give you a good sense of what tends to be accepted..

as I have mentioned earlier, more and more it's geared towards tech & finance & company growth, there are some that are different, but they better be really original.
I asked BrandBucket all about .me BEFORE I gave them the names-then I ran them buy some very qualified developers-guess what-BB doesn't really want .me but they don't want anyone else to have them either so they will tell you they take them. re your "Finance" etc comment I gave them StockMarkets.me and they turned it down. They shouldn't be wasting clients (the sellers) time saying they even take anything other than .com and that's fine but say it.

•••
london just check the site, how many .me do you see... how many companies do you believe would want .me..

already with all the competition, clients often just remember .com for the most part.. forget getting .me domains unless it's a really cool one. And if you do, don't buy it just because you hope BB would accept it.

•••

as I have mentioned earlier, more and more it's geared towards tech & finance & company growth (just had about 8 new names accepted), there are some that are different, but they better be really original. If you choose really random stuff.. it simply not going to be accepted, and if you don't have another avenue to sell those names then you just wasted your time & money.
I'm curious-have you seen the .ly names on BB? Blog.ly $20,000 and Fast.ly $40,000 ? But other submissions are $2 to 4K ? Again-that's fine no one is forced to give them names but lets be realistic here also.

•••
london just check the site, how many .me do you see... how many companies do you believe would want .me..

already with all the competition, clients often just remember .com for the most part.. forget getting .me domains unless it's a really cool one. And if you do, don't buy it just because you hope BB would accept it.
I already have names published there so I know what's on the site-they told me they take .me not vice versa. lol

•••
to be honest, .me, .ly. wtv else then .com is not my world.... so I stick to .com. do yourself a favor and get a hang of what's getting accepted first, then once in a while if you come accross a really cool ly, .me, then take a chance if you want.. but stick to .com.. anyways.. tha's my advice

•••
to be honest, .me, .ly. wtv else then .com is not my world.... so I stick to .com. do yourself a favor and get a hang of what's getting accepted first, then once in a while if you come accross a really cool ly, .me, then take a chance if you want.. but stick to .com.. anyways.. tha's my advice
I'd never give BB another name other than .com. Why would you give them a six figure name when you can call Andrew Rosener or Dave Evenson and they'll take it in a minute? They don't have 14,000 names. lol

•••
That said BB serves a good purpose-and as said before-Julia is great.

•••
how many companies do you believe would want .me.
Apparently a lot:

Meet.me
$450,000.00
Private sale

Buy.me
$147,857.63
Sedo

Memories.me
Undisclosed Amount
Sold to Disney

toyota.me
$90,025.00
land-rush auction
Interest.me
$80,000.00
Sedo

Date.Me
$70,000.00
TRAFFIC auction

Insure.Me
$68,005.00
land-rush auction
Business.me
$55,191.45
GreatDomains

App.Me
$50,000.00
Godaddy Auction

join.me
$45,000.00
Sedo
sync.me
$41,005.00
land-rush auction

oglasi.me
$40,034.00
land-rush auction
only.me
$33,405.00
land-rush auction

love.me
$32,000.00
DOMAINfest, Santa Monica

Cruise me
$28,500.00
Sedo

call.me
$26,800.00
Private sale
like.me
$26,500.00
Sedo

Hotel.me
$25,000.00
Sedo

Hugg.me
$25,001.00
Godaddy

Msg.me
$25,000.00
Sedo

aweso.me
$24,189.00
land-rush auction

cloud.me
$22,500.00
Sedo

clouds.me
$21,379.31
GreatDomains

teach.me
$20,100.00
Namejet

ask.me
$20,000.00
TRAFFIC

hug.me
$20,000.00
land-rush auction

brand.me
$18,540.00
land-rush auction

trade.me
$18,501.00
showcase.snapnames.com

match.me
$17,755
land-rush auction
rank.me
$17,505
land-rush auction

whisper.me
$17,500
Godaddy

life.me
$17,450.00
Sedo

click.me
$17,200.00
showcase.snapnames.com

view.me
$17,005
land-rush auction
lawyers.me
$16,905
land-rush auction

verify.me
$16,005
land-rush auction

chatwith.me
$15,035
land-rush auction

korea.me
$15,015.00
land-rush auction

forex.me
$16,099.00
Sedo

contacts.me
$15,600.00
Sedo

host.me
$15,200.00
Sedo
Forex.me
$16,099.00
Sedo

EthylOTest.me
$15,065
Sedo

equip.me
$15,000.00
Sedo

map.me
$14,500.00
Sedo

game.me
$13,100.00
Sedo

Star.me
$12,600.00
Sedo

poker.me
$12,099.00
Sedo

invite.me
$12,000.00
Namejet

rock.me
$12,000.00
Sedo

marry.me
$12,000.00
TRAFFIC

invite.me
$12,000.00
Sedo

truly.me
$12,000.00
Sedo

ring.me
$12,000.00
18.tie

vip.me
$11,600.00
Sedo

pay.me
$11,501.00
Sedo

meeting.me
$11,570.00
Sedo

publish.me
$11,100.00
Sedo

test.me
$11,100.00
Sedo

alert.me
$11,000.00
Sedo

trust.me
$10,799.00
Sedo

bang.me
$10,750.00
Sedo

quiz.me
$10,200.00
Sedo

join.me
$10,099.00
Sedo

pick.me
$10,099.00
Sedo

bet.me
$10,099.00
Sedo

lifeinsurance.me
$10,600.00
GreatDomains

Air.me
$10,099.00
Sedo

friend.me
$10,099.00
Sedo

note.me
$10,000.00
Sedo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back