IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We should not complain or discuss about what they accept and refuse.

They are looking for specific domain names for the benefit of their business and they are the only judges of what is good for them. It could be the best domain name on the planet, if it does not fit what they look for, they won't accept it.

All marketplaces do not focus on the same kind of domains and BB has its own flavor.

•••
First of all no one is "complaining" of course BrandBucket is going to take what's best for their business and their clients and to say "We should not discuss it" is absurd. How else would anyone learn of BB likes or dislikes or their competitors such as Namerific or BrandRoot?

•••
Ok. I should not have used the word "discuss". English is not my first language and realize it does not exactly have the same meaning as in french. I think the word I should have used is "argue".

•••
@pokainc Yeah, I will later this week and will post my monthly sales each month going forward.
Michael-could you address why the exceptionally high prices of the .ly names on BrandBucket as compared to other submissions. We've all been doing this for a while and know well that .ly does not trump .com. Thank you.

•••
•••
For .me names the .me should be part of the phrase. Like Coax.me or BabySit.me. Cloud.me makes sense, but Cloudi.me just doesn't quite make the grade. I'm not saying it won't sell, but it is something that fits in our marketplace.
So Michael-you're saying that Cloud.me would make sense for BB but Cloudi.me doesn't? I'm looking at some of the .ly names on BB and the prices. Blog.ly-$20,000 Fast.ly $40,000. Also turned down was Shapely.me-perfect for a fitness-health or diet firm. So you're kidding-right?

Last edited:
•••
I would have passed on cloudi.me as well as pleasetextme and pleaseopenme, in any capacity. And as for a broker "taking" BB reject names for $100,000, let us know when it sells. I can take names all day at a million dollars each, but it doesn't mean anything unless its sold. IMO

•••
I would have passed on cloudi.me as well as pleasetextme and pleaseopenme, in any capacity. And as for a broker "taking" BB reject names for $100,000, let us know when it sells. I can take names all day at a million dollars each, but it doesn't mean anything unless its sold. IMO
Thank you-I will.

•••
BTW Pinnacle.domains looks great I must say. Good luck with it.

•••
Thanks, I just need time to get more domains up, but making a logo for each takes time. Right now I just threw some BB rejects up there.

•••
Thanks, I just need time to get more domains up, but making a logo for each takes time. Right now I just threw some BB rejects up there.
Do you make the logos yourself? They look better than BB! lol

p.s. im serious they look great

•••
If BB rejects a name it doesn't mean it isnt good or won't sell. There could be many reasons they reject a name. They can already have a similar name listed for example or it might simply not fall in the brandable category for them. This month alone I sold HomeworkHero dot Com for 2,550 and Irengo dot Com for $750 among others. Both were rejected by BB previously.

As i said earlier somewhere in this thread I personally advice against listing your best names with BB. The reason for this being if a name will sell anyway (because you believe it is so amazing) there's no need for a marketplace such as BB to market it for you as buyers should find it anyways.

Last edited:
•••
If BB rejects a name it doesn't mean it isnt good or won't sell. There could be many reasons they reject a name. They can already have a similar name listed for example or it might simply not fall in the brandable category for them. This month alone I sold HomeworkHero dit Com for 2,2550 and Irengo dot Com for $750. Both were rejected by BB previously.

As i said earlier somewhere in this thread I personally advice against listing your best names with BB. The reason for this being if a name will sell anyway (because you believe it is so great) there's no need for a marketplace such as BB to market it for you as buyers should find you anyways.
Thanks Doron-do you have a place you like to list a preference?

•••
@London555 no preference, i list on the big 3 aka Sedo, Afternic and Godaddy and make sure i have a good looking for sale lander on each domain which is where the majority of my sales come from.

•••
Do you make the logos yourself? They look better than BB! lol

p.s. im serious they look great

lol, thanks. Yes I make them all, but I also make a lot for BB.

•••
@London555 no preference, i list on the big 3 aka Sedo, Afternic and Godaddy and make sure i have a good looking for sale lander on each domain which is where the majority of my sales come from.
Thank you

•••
•••
So Michael-you're saying that Cloud.me would make sense for BB but Cloudi.me doesn't? I'm looking at some of the .ly names on BB and the prices. Blog.ly-$20,000 Fast.ly $40,000. Also turned down was Shapely.me-perfect for a fitness-health or diet firm. So you're kidding-right?

Yes, on the first point.

If you submitted Shape.ly or Shapely.com they both would be accepted.

•••
Yes, on the first point.

If you submitted Shape.ly or Shapely.com they both would be accepted.
Michael-thank you for the reply-my point is why does BB even say they take .me if they turn down a name that's fine in the .ly and .com and pretty good in .me as well re Shapely.me "Shapelyme" but as I said-thank you for the reply.

•••
Michael-thank you for the reply-my point is why does BB even say they take .me if they turn down a name that's fine in the .ly and .com and pretty good in .me as well re Shapely.me "Shapelyme" but as I said-thank you for the reply.
Dot me is already a worse extension. In order to be good, it needs to be REALLY good. Just because they would take it in dot com or dot ly doesn't mean they need to take it in dot me as well. As he already pointed out, they only want a very specific type for dot me. And I agree with them - anything out side of ones that make sense like "Call.me" or something like that isn't worth it for them. Honestly, every domain you have posted so far, I wouldn't have paid regfee for... Just because they don't accept your domains, doesn't mean they shouldn't accept other dot me domains - yours just happen to be of low quality (or at least not the type they want to sell).

•••
Dot me is already a worse extension. In order to be good, it needs to be REALLY good. Just because they would take it in dot com or dot ly doesn't mean they need to take it in dot me as well. As he already pointed out, they only want a very specific type for dot me. And I agree with them - anything out side of ones that make sense like "Call.me" or something like that isn't worth it for them. Honestly, every domain you have posted so far, I wouldn't have paid regfee for... Just because they don't accept your domains, doesn't mean they shouldn't accept other dot me domains - yours just happen to be of low quality (or at least not the type they want to sell).
Some of mine must work for them they have taken 7 so far. It's a process to learn what works for BrandBucket. That's why Michael responds on here.Just curious-do you know who Bruce Marler is or Missouri.me?

•••
Some of mine must work for them they have taken 7 so far. It's a process to learn what works for BrandBucket. That's why Michael responds on here.Just curious-do you know who Bruce Marler is or Missouri.me?
I was referring to those you posted here as being rejected - I don't know what other domains you might have submitted. I don't know either who that is - should I?

•••
I was referring to those you posted here as being rejected - I don't know what other domains you might have submitted. I don't know either who that is - should I?
Before you knock the .me extension yes you should whereas he made a million $ off off it. Google him.
p.s. beautiful baby you have

Last edited:
•••
Before you knock the .me extension yes you should whereas he made a million $ off off it. Google him.
I never said someone can't make money off them. I said that they have to be better quality than a dot com to sell usually. I doubt you will find any experienced domainer who would disagree with that. Dot com has sold billions, so I think that still stands with what you were saying. The quality of the ones you had rejected I wouldn't have bought for regfee, because they would be very difficult to sell. How is that knocking the extension?

•••
I never said someone can't make money off them. I said that they have to be better quality than a dot com to sell usually. I doubt you will find any experienced domainer who would disagree with that. Dot com has sold billions, so I think that still stands with what you were saying. The quality of the ones you had rejected I wouldn't have bought for regfee, because they would be very difficult to sell. How is that knocking the extension?
Just curious your thoughts on BrandBucket having Blog.ly for sale at $20,000 or Fast.ly at $40,000 as compared to other submissions from people and the prices? I don't think the 2 or 3 K prices they put on are out of line but what's with these .ly prices? That's a good way for BB to upset the people feeding them leads.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back