IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will say that the submission process for ambassadors is becoming more streamlined now. Like I mentioned in my last post, I was waiting around 3-4 months to get my names live on BB because of the quantity involved. I suppose I have more say when it comes to pricing than before because of my track record.

Once accepted, my names wait in the queue like everyone else. I think I've mentioned this before, but increasing your logo award to $200-$500 definitely decreases the time in the logo stage because the designers will snap them up and complete them more quickly, For names say $3500+, I generally do at least a $200 award, and they seem to go live weeks sooner than the others.

•••
Hi Michael!

Have you noticed any change in sales percentage from when you started listing at BB, now that there are 10k+ names listed?

What would you value your BB portfolio at, wholesale?

Have you also noticed the aforementioned price bump?

Cheers!

•••
Edited: TweetStats.com box graph was showing 345 names went live on BB in April but the correct number on their line graph shows 1,571 names going live in April. All other numbers are correct. I edited the numbers with the correct numbers.

April 1,571 went live
March 437 went live
February 638 went live
January 570 went live
December 2014 1,002 went live
November 2014 716 went live
October 2014 731 went live

Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 3.10.22 PM.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
@hookbox I don't think your numbers are accurate.

BB crossed 10,000 names on April 15. See this post I made at the time: https://www.namepros.com/threads/brandbucket-experience.793278/page-46#post-4841296

Now it is May 4, 19 day later, and there are 10,781 names listed. So they're growing at 40 names per day recently (1,200 per month pace). Plus however many names they have sold over that period.
You are 100% correct. The numbers showing on the box graph were different from their line graph. I edited the above post with the correct numbers. Thanks for the good eye.

•••
My march 16th names are still "Pending Review", if anyone is looking to get a read on current wait times.

•••
My March 9th submissions were included in the last review. My March 10th submissions are still pending review. So its a few days shy of 2 months since the last review. That is understandably making folks a bit edgy.

Next to a good eye for quality names, I think patience is one of the best qualities a domainer can have. An ability I'm still developing. Cheers! :-,

•••
Once accepted, my names wait in the queue like everyone else.

Thanks for that Michael. Reading between the lines it sounds like the review process for you is different, and possible a lot quicker than for others. That's a good thing for you and for BB, and also good for other suppliers to know I think.

I'm not sure why BB don't engage more with suppliers, which IMO would be a win-win for everyone. Even a supplier email with each release including the latest names with pricing (regular email omits pricing), and some feedback on the queue lengths and waiting times would probably go a long way to answer many of the questions asked here. Probably easy to automate most of that also.

•••
Today I tried to visit my domains that are set to BB nameservers, by typing their web address. My antivirus did not let me to visit them, saying that "threat is detected". I am using the free Avast! antivirus.

This is bad, because it might scare off the potential buyers... BB needs to look at it...

•••
Today I tried to visit my domains that are set to BB nameservers, by typing their web address. My antivirus did not let me to visit them, saying that "threat is detected". I am using the free Avast! antivirus.

This is bad, because it might scare off the potential buyers... BB needs to look at it...

This is strange. Compared to the rest of the domain industry (mainly, parking services) BB has the 'cleanest' site.
None of my PCs show any threat when visiting BB and I use a multitude of AVs, including Avast Free.

Are you sure there's nothing else going on?

•••
Same here, everything looks great on BB and I'm not having any problems. I've checked on a few devices too.

•••
This is strange. Compared to the rest of the domain industry (mainly, parking services) BB has the 'cleanest' site.
None of my PCs show any threat when visiting BB and I use a multitude of AVs, including Avast Free.

Are you sure there's nothing else going on?

Now everything works just fine. What a relief!

•••
I don't want to scare you but, if this really happened -even for a few mins- then it *could* indicate a 'hole' in your system in the form of data redirection.

If in that system you use your accounts in paypal, domains, etc. I'd strongly suggest you look into it in depth.

•••
Ups, it happened again. For example, please see gigacare(dot)com - I had a problem just now.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Ups, it happened again. For example, please see gigacare.com - I had a problem just now.

@Nerevar -

I just typed in gigacare(dot)com and got the new BrandBucket sales display without a problem.

- Do you have access to another computer locally to test?

- What OS version do you have on your computer? (I tested on Win 7)

I hope the feedback is helpful...

-Jim

ps: Oh wait... Norton "Safe Search" does show a problem. It says "This site is SUSPECT" and "Norton Rating: CAUTION". Also, when I type gigacare(dot)com into the Google Search, Norton flags it with caution. Curious, did you recently acquire the name? What is the history (prior use) of the domain? Not sure if that is the issue, but might be worth looking into. Also, you might want to send a screen shot to BrandBucket support.

•••
@Nerevar -

I just typed in gigacare(dot)com and got the new BrandBucket sales display without a problem.

- Do you have access to another computer locally to test?

- What OS version do you have on your computer? (I tested on Win 7)

I hope the feedback is helpful...

-Jim

ps: Oh wait... Norton "Safe Search" does show a problem. It says "This site is SUSPECT" and "Norton Rating: CAUTION". Also, when I type gigacare(dot)com into the Google Search, Norton flags it with caution. Curious, did you recently acquire the name? What is the history (prior use) of the domain? Not sure if that is the issue, but might be worth looking into. Also, you might want to send a screen shot to BrandBucket support.

I admit I didn't do a domain name search when I checked the domain earlier on so it *could* be that the problem lies on the name itself and not on the IP address.

But, isn't it strange to get the same error on multiple domains? Nerevar mentioned that this happened on many domains and not just one.

I agree, best thing to do is to contact BB support

•••
@Nerevar -

I clicked on "Full Safe Web Report" button that is provided and got the following extra info.

The report mentions "Drive-By Downloads" as the reason for the flag. You might want to share this trigger with the BrandBucket team as they may not be aware of the flag and might appreciate the heads-up.

Let me know if you have another published name on BB using that uses the new display and I'll see if I get the same results for that name.

Hope the info is helpful...

-Jim

---------------------------------------------------------

Safe Web Report for:

gigacare.com
Web Site Location United States of America

CAUTION
Norton Rating
Norton Safe Web has analyzed gigacare.com for safety and security problems. Below is a sample of the threats that were found.
Summary
  • Computer Threats: 1
  • Identity Threats: 0
  • Annoyance factors: 0
Total threats on this site: 1
Web sites rated "Caution" may have a small number of threats and annoyances, but are not considered dangerous enough to warrant a red "Warning". Proceed with caution.
The Norton rating is a result of Symantec's automated analysis system.

Threat Report
Drive-By Downloads Threats found: 1

•••
The name was a recent drop. I am sure I had the same problems with more domains yesterday, but today only this one remains. I am on Windows 7, fully updated. Another pc in my household that uses free Avast! also has this problem. I run AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, this did not help.

•••
Has anyone else ever noticed that they have had a domain name rejected by brandbucket only to find something 1 character different that was registered by brandbucket themselves right after rejecting yours in review?

I submitted e b u l a n c e (play on ebullience + freelance) on Feb 25 that was rejected only to now find that e m u l a n c e is now live with a March 29 reg and owned by brandbucket.

Their description for their new name idea is spot on too. "A prestigious name inspired by 'emulate', meaning to copy"

•••
Has anyone else ever noticed that they have had a domain name rejected by brandbucket only to find something 1 character different that was registered by brandbucket themselves right after rejecting yours in review?

I submitted e b u l a n c e (play on ebullience + freelance) on Feb 25 that was rejected only to now find that e m u l a n c e is now live with a March 29 reg and owned by brandbucket.

Their description for their new name idea is spot on too. "A prestigious name inspired by 'emulate', meaning to copy"

I also did notice that in the past and it did annoy me BUT, to be fair, it's their marketplace and if they think that they can sell a domain slightly different than ours that they can bring them profit then we can't really do anything other than avoid giving them our names to sell.

Since they own and sell domains, BB is both a marketplace *and* a competitor. Don't forget that they started as a place to sell *their* names and not as a pure marketplace like, eg. SEDO.

I guess this is part of the game, no matter if we like it or not.

•••
There is always a lot of borrowing in any creative industry. I've gotten lots of ideas for names from those already published on BB. So sometimes it's intentional and sometimes it is completely unconscious ie something sticks in your mind and comes up as an idea weeks later and you don't recognize the source. This happens all the time in music. I can't imagine BB would reject a name just so they could register and publish their own version. At the same time I understand your frustration.

•••
If you have any other specific questions, please ask.

Thanks,
Michael

Can you let us know the timescale for the next batch of reviews please Michael? There are plenty of us with domains submitted on the 10th March that have not yet been reviewed.

•••
Can you let us know the timescale for the next batch of reviews please Michael? There are plenty of us with domains submitted on the 10th March that have not yet been reviewed.

Just had a name submitted on the 11th March reviewed and approved, thank you :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back