Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Me too, both March 10th and 11th reviewed so far.

•••
My March 15th submission is still in queue.

•••
Ahh...

So they just sent out their "New Listings" email, and it's too long to display fully in Gmail. You get:

[Message clipped] View entire message

Sucks when your name is tucked in under the fold. They need to optimize for this better.

•••
The list is really impressive though. They are killing it.

•••
Ahh...

So they just sent out their "New Listings" email, and it's too long to display fully in Gmail. You get:

[Message clipped] View entire message

Sucks when your name is tucked in under the fold. They need to optimize for this better.
i didnt get it yet

•••
•••
Well they are killing it only if they are selling it :), otherwise increasing the market place so fast is not good for our business. Also recent discussion on rejected and the approved names under different owner does not bring good light on the company ethic and trustability. I wish the process would be more transparent and of course faster.

Otherwise I have to say I am happy to say that the support after the domain sold is professional and even though there were some delays on buyers part, the team handled the situation well to finalize the sale.

So now I can announce my fist successful flip with BB.

F L I P F L I C K

Good luck to you all.

•••
BrandBucket breaks 11,000 domains with a lot of crappy domains added lately. Now at 11,061

•••
BrandBucket breaks 11,000 domains with a lot of crappy domains added lately. Now at 11,061

Quality declining? How? Goes against the official policy of being a "curated" and browsable marketplace, if true.

•••
Quality declining? How? Goes against the official policy of being a "curated" and browsable marketplace, if true.

Well, the quality issue is rather subjective one, but since they increase number of names listed about 8 times in less then a year the range of accepted domains gets wider. Also .... as it was posted before now they are reconsidering rejected domains .... which is rather questionable under specific conditions.

•••
Well, the quality issue is rather subjective one, but since they increase number of names listed about 8 times in less then a year the range of accepted domains gets wider. Also .... as it was posted before now they are reconsidering rejected domains .... which is rather questionable under specific conditions.

Reconsidering rejected domains in my opinion is quite natural. What didn't work last month might suddenly be the rage, and it shows that the marketplace is following trends.

The nature of brandables make them numerous, and still quite unique, a trait of domain names in general. And the source of the thing we call domaining.

I don't think investable brandables will be depleted any time soon.

Last edited:
•••
Reconsidering rejected domains in my opinion is quite natural. What didn't work last month might suddenly be the rage, and it shows that the marketplace is following trends.

The nature of brandables make them numerous, and still quite unique, a trait of domain names in general. And the source of the thing we call domaining.

I don't think investable brandables will be depleted any time soon.
Nothing has changed since last month or even a year ago. There are only so many brandable domain owners that submit names to sites like theirs and they are running out of them so they have to go back through all the rejected names to continue to add more to their site.

•••
Your point my hold up better if they were quickly reviewing new submissions and not finding good quality names. But with a 10 week wait to even look at new submissions, it is unlikely they could make the decision that they have to look at old rejects because the quality of new domains has fallen. A lot can happen in 10 weeks too.

•••
submitted 1 domain 20 days ago still pending .. just one domain

•••
Nothing has changed since last month or even a year ago. There are only so many brandable domain owners that submit names to sites like theirs and they are running out of them so they have to go back through all the rejected names to continue to add more to their site.

Well, maybe it almost didn't suck the first time. There are bound to be close calls right?

I don't believe domain owners in any category are a constant.

The point of them running out of domains/domain owners is also countered by the fact that they are amping up the inventory. If they really are routinely re-reviewing names - it points to the fact that the market is on, and that they need inventory fast.

The important question though would be if the sales percentages stay the same.

One issue though might be the competition in the space, whether BB can handle losing some listings to the other sites. Or if they start accepting names to keep the competition from banking them.

•••
Choosing domain names to list is a very subjective process. Having said that There are those that submit names to BB that have more say so in this area than others. Their opinions hold more value based on their independent sales record.

To Be quite honest I think that's the only thing going on here.

I doubt very seriously if you submitted them a list of your rejected names again today they would reconsider.

The simplest explanation is usually the right one.

Last edited:
•••
11000+ Domains

11000 Domains + $10 Each domain = $110,000

•••
11000+ Domains

You can deduct $120 as I haven't paid a cent for the last 12 of my names that went live on BB

•••
Now this is a Go Daddy sale I wasn't aware of.Black Friday? Oh profit I get it

•••
11000+ Domains

I'd think that keeping the million or so in yearly sales would take precedence over netting a few listing fees. If you mean to say that's what they are after expanding the inventory.

•••
Dezora.com

Domain Name: dezora.com
Registry Domain ID: 1923123082_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namesilo.com
Registrar URL: https://www.namesilo.com/
Updated Date: 2015-05-02
Creation Date: 2015-04-24
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-04-24

Went live on or before May 8 since it appeared in the latest New Listings email sent that day. 14 days or less from registration to being published. Listed by Boxador.

For me the bigger question is why are they pushing their own names so heavily? I can think of quite a few reasons, but I'd rather not speculate publicly.

For transparency: I did reach out to BB about the queue issue, and in fairness Margot offered to have a call with me. Our 11 hour time difference doesn't help, so this hasn't happened yet. I really like BB, and I want them to succeed, but my gut feeling is that something just isn't right here.

•••
Dezora.com

Domain Name: dezora.com
Registry Domain ID: 1923123082_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namesilo.com
Registrar URL: https://www.namesilo.com/
Updated Date: 2015-05-02
Creation Date: 2015-04-24
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-04-24

Went live on or before May 8 since it appeared in the latest New Listings email sent that day. 14 days or less from registration to being published. Listed by Boxador.

For me the bigger question is why are they pushing their own names so heavily? I can think of quite a few reasons, but I'd rather not speculate publicly.

For transparency: I did reach out to BB about the queue issue, and in fairness Margot offered to have a call with me. Our 11 hour time difference doesn't help, so this hasn't happened yet. I really like BB, and I want them to succeed, but my gut feeling is that something just isn't right here.
They own the system so they are working the system. Everybody in the past week here at Namepros is so excited about them raising the prices of the domains they have submitted but don't realize that so many of the names on BB are so similar and that includes BB's own inventory. If they are raising the prices of everyone's submittals and keeping lower prices on their own inventory then which do you think will sell first. Remember a lot of the names are very similar and pricing is the only difference. You guys are not only keeping their ship afloat with the $10 entry fees but are making the house inventory look better with your higher prices. Think about it!

•••
Just got my email saying that my 2 domains that I had registered on 2015-03-11 were rejected. Good thing I didn't wait that long (more than 8 weeks!) and instead built my website and listed them there. If someone's curious, they were:
A D L I N G A and T I N Y L I N X

Can't see why it takes them so long to review/create the logo/list them. Takes me around 20 minutes for a domain (logo/listing/etc) and i really doubt they have a small team working there. However, like many pointed, they have their own domains for sale so I think that some of their work time is used hunting for new domains instead of working on client domains.

•••
I'm Waiting 55+ days.... of course we all waiting for review since so long.

But they are testing our patience in a hard way. The whole process will take nearly 3 months from submission to live. (Review 60 days, Logo design 20 days, publishing queue 4to5 days)

Instead of reviewing in bulk they should review domains on daily basis.

For example:

They review. domains in every 25 days. The review process is for 10000 domains in 25days time span.

If they split on daily review 10000/25days = 400 domains per day.

If they split on weekly basis review 10000 = 2800 per week

If we can able to track the queue status it would be great. (The only thing I liked in Brandroot)

Is there any feedback or suggestion system for suppliers. If one already exist, do they here our feedback?

P.S.
This is neither complaint nor criticism but a suggestion to @margotb .

Last edited:
•••
I'm not sure they are keeping the prices of their own names artificially lower. Quite the opposite from what I can see.

It's also telling that every recent name from them I checked was a hand reg on namesilo (with privacy). Nothing wrong with that, but there has to be an opportunity cost for the time they are spending securing and adding their own inventory.

Whatever is going on I don't think it's sustainable.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back