Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can also check your DNS set up to ensure that you are in fact using their DNS servers. Use Pingtools or similar.

Thanks. I contacted them, all good now :)

Last edited:
•••
Their nameservers are ns1.brandbucket.com & ns2.brandbucket.com

•••
Did anyone get approved March submissions?

A number of names accepted today which were submitted in late Feb.

the better of my submissions were not accepted: Qualityy and Sponzori

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I don't think either of those make good brandable domains. I don't think I've ever seen a brand ending with double-y, which could never pass radio or pronunciation tests. The other name is both long in length and syllables, and sounds like a proper name IMO. Proper names rarely make good brands since they can't be trademarked. Just my opinion, and offered simply for amusement and not to offend.

•••
I liked Qualityy simply because you could tell somebody how to spell it in one sentence, Quality with two y's. Though, the greater pun is how quality can qualityy be if it's misspelled. And I think I heard somewhere that two of the last letter of a word can make it brandable. I thought Sponzori would have been great for anything sponsor related but according to BB, and you it's not as much of a brandable as I thought.

I appreciate your feedback, it helps solidify the rejection. I had placed some hope in some 5-7 letter words in different languages, though they too were rejected.

•••
Does anybody usually adjust the suggested price of their accepted brandables? There's an option to raise or lower the suggested price by 20% as well as an option to pre-approve a 10% discount.

I guess the result I'm looking for is faster turnover, and I'm wondering if lowering the price will help a buyer purchase or if that could deter them into thinking the domain isn't as valuable as something valued more.

Any experienced BrandBucketer's care to share their experience regarding this?

•••
I liked Qualityy simply because you could tell somebody how to spell it in one sentence, Quality with two y's. Though, the greater pun is how quality can qualityy be if it's misspelled. And I think I heard somewhere that two of the last letter of a word can make it brandable. I thought Sponzori would have been great for anything sponsor related but according to BB, and you it's not as much of a brandable as I thought.

I appreciate your feedback, it helps solidify the rejection. I had placed some hope in some 5-7 letter words in different languages, though they too were rejected.

Hi Jesus,

congrats on approved domains. Try to submit on Namerific they have different measures, I had many submitted there but none got approved.

•••
I think I heard somewhere that two of the last letter of a word can make it brandable

Some double-letter endings can be used very well in brand names, but I don't think double-y is one such letter.

Does anybody usually adjust the suggested price of their accepted brandables?

IMO buyers tend to be price-elastic within the bounds of the +/-20% - if someone likes your name a difference of 20% either way wont make much difference. But having your name priced at $5k or $2 is likely going to have a bearing. The sweet spot right now seems to be $1.5-2.5k based on the pricing of names they've been adding recently.

Human nature also means that most sellers are going to increase their price rather than reduce it. I've increased and decreased prices to get them to ~$2k of late. I feel buyers will go to $1,995, and that's a good figure for me at the lower end. That said I had a couple of names accepted today in the $3.5k and $5.5k ranges.

Quite a few March sales mentioned above were at mid-X,XXX prices, so again YMMV.

•••
You can email their support and ask for a review. They may accept a price increase. I've done this a few times succesfully.

As long as you forward the name the listing will stay live. There's no limit to the listing duration. AFAIK they don't refund listing costs unless there's some reason you cant list the name prior to it going live. They seem quite flexible and accommodating to sellers from my experience. YMMV.

I see, I did contact them but they refused to at least explain the price

Speaking of which are there any alternatives to BB that let you set the price? or that at least take less than 30% in fees.

•••
Just had 5 out of 6 more submitted domains accepted. I'm getting good at picking them! Now to see if they actually sell.

I see, I did contact them but they refused to at least explain the price

Speaking of which are there any alternatives to BB that let you set the price? or that at least take less than 30% in fees.

The whole point of listing on BB is that they're the leader in this particular niche of brandable names. They're experienced and know what name patterns sell best and to whom, and at what price. If I get a $1500 sale on something I bought for $0.99 with a promo code then I'm happy to give them 30%+$100 for the logo design.

•••
they refused to at least explain the price

Given they are a small company I imagine I've spoken at some time to whoever handled your ticket. While they may not explain how they arrive at pricing, I've never had anything but courteous responses from them, and certainly never experienced any "refusals" to engage. Refusal infers arrogance, and I've honestly never observed any arrogance from the employees I've dealt with. I think that is one of the strengths BB have over other marketplaces.

I think if you put forward a valid argument supported by some facts and figures you may have a better chance of increasing your price. But in my experience pricing brandables is very much an art rather than a science.

•••
I do remember speaking to their support (or the site owner?) and all going smoothly. I'm pretty sure I got a refund, but I think my case was because they changed their policies in major ways a few days after I signed a name up with them.

I see

Given they are a small company I imagine I've spoken at some time to whoever handled your ticket. While they may not explain how they arrive at pricing, I've never had anything but courteous responses from them, and certainly never experienced any "refusals" to engage. Refusal infers arrogance, and I've honestly never observed any arrogance from the employees I've dealt with. I think that is one of the strengths BB have over other marketplaces.

I think if you put forward a valid argument supported by some facts and figures you may have a better chance of increasing your price. But in my experience pricing brandables is very much an art rather than a science.

It wasn't a refusal "per se" but support did avoid my question.

I been thinking about looking for similar domain names in their sold list, however I felt a little off when they didn't give an explanation.

Nothing fancy, a "we had similar .com in the past and it hardly goes for more than that" would have been enough

Anyway, namerrific has the same 30%, but do they have fixed prices as well?

•••
namerrific has the same 30%, but do they have fixed prices as well

I've had a few sales through Namerific, so they are well worth listing with. But one of the downsides is that they tend to get a lot of lowball offers which they then forward to owners. Other downside is that they don't have the reach of BB IMO. Comparing this with BB - all my sales have been at asking price and I've never been asked to consider lowball offers by them.

Still well worth listing at Namerific, and Mike is very easy to work with in my experience.

•••
I've had a few sales through Namerific, so they are well worth listing with. But one of the downsides is that they tend to get a lot of lowball offers which they then forward to owners. Other downside is that they don't have the reach of BB IMO. Comparing this with BB - all my sales have been at asking price and I've never been asked to consider lowball offers by them.

Still well worth listing at Namerific, and Mike is very easy to work with in my experience.
BB certainly have good connections with the startup industry. I'd trust any valuation they give on domain names.

Namerific are also promising and Mike definitely tries hard to help domain sellers. I think it has just been let down by the pretty disastrous recent website transfer.

I don't know if they hired a dodgy developer or something but there were a lot of UX and security problems, e.g. tag filters not working and the backend not properly escaping user input in search parameters.

•••
Namerific are also promising and Mike definitely tries hard to help domain sellers. I think it has just been let down by the pretty disastrous recent website transfer.

I don't know if they hired a dodgy developer or something but there were a lot of UX and security problems, e.g. tag filters not working and the backend not properly escaping user input in search parameters.

Are those problems fixed now?

•••
•••
Just had a look at some of the inventory over at Namerific. A bit hard to take their platform seriously when Samarite is listed for $142,857,599, Sexipedia at $99,999, Nutrinol at $11,764,706,199.

•••
•••
Hi. Just wanna ask you guys, how long it usually takes for a domain to be reviewed? This is my first time

•••
I submitted 10 domains few days ago, waiting for approval. How much it had taken for you to approve/reject?

•••
+/-4 Weeks. This was covered a few pages back.

•••
I've never been reviewed yet. My first entry was on 5 March. Its been more than 3 week i guess. It it standard?

•••
•••
Yes. Be patient, as it will be a few weeks after that if you get approved, before you will be listed.

•••
Yep. I just worried if my domain is lost somewhere. Lol.

•••
I've never been reviewed yet. My first entry was on 5 March. Its been more than 3 week i guess. It it standard?
Yes. Mine have taken 4-6 weeks from initial reviewing to publishing on the site.

Use this time to get a few hundred votes in so you won't have to pay the $10 listing fee.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back